Brake Light Help-77 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My brake lights recently quit working.
I replaced the switch and still no brake light.
Checked fuse and it is ok.
Running lights are functional.
Just checked the hazard lights and they are not working either.
Any thoughts appreciated

have you checked wire continuity from the brake light switch on the pedal to the light socket? The hazard light uses the same filament on the bulb (same wire)

have you checked wire continuity from the brake light switch on the pedal to the light socket? The hazard light uses the same filament on the bulb (same wire)
thanks for the comments. i tracked it down this morning to the fuse block. i'm ordering a replacement today.

Sweet!

thanks for the comments. i tracked it down this morning to the fuse block. i'm ordering a replacement today.
Jason, what was the issue with your fuse block?
I have the same issue and my fuse block looks good. I just soaked and cleaned it.

Jason, what was the issue with your fuse block?
I have the same issue and my fuse block looks good. I just soaked and cleaned it.
I had the same problem. Wiring, fuses, everything tested fine. It ended up being the small relay next to the ignitor. It has three wire leads that run the signals / flashers. I cleaned the contacts and everything was back in business.

It ended up being the small relay next to the ignitor.
My 72 doesn't have an igniter, but I'll look for the relay. Thanks!

My 72 doesn't have an igniter, but I'll look for the relay. Thanks!
Here's a couple of pics. The connector with the green wire leads was the culprit on my 77.

wiring-77-signal2.png

wiring-77-signal1.png

it ended up being the contacts on the fuse block
Same for me. After a good cleaning and all new fuses, everything worked as intended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom