Bracket for cut glovebox support bar, no screws required (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Red Beard

Cruisin'
Threads
Website
cruisin4parts.com
cut to fixed.jpg

Go from a cut glovebox support to a fully functional one again

If you have cut the plastic glovebox support bar to service the evaporator, this bracket is for you. Normally to repair the severed support bar, you'd need to purchase some sort of metal bracket and attach 2 or 4 screws to hold the support bar back in place.

Instead, this bracket uses the existing dash bolt and shape of the dash to fully secure the support bar back in place. No additional cutting or screws needed.

I'm new to 3D printing, but I wanted to finally create something for the cruiser community. I cut my 2006 LC glovebox support bar this weekend and created this bracket to fix it. It holds really strong, just like before I cut it. And I'm happy I didn't have to mess around with attaching screws and all that.

Attaching it:

Testing it:

Bottom view with glovebox attached:
glove box attached.jpg

Price: $16 shipped

To purchase, please DM me. I'll need your address. I accept paypal and venmo for payment!

Update 9/13: Updated price from $10 to $16 now that I know it fits in '99 - '06 and I know what shipping safely actually costs.

Last edited:
Yeah, I’ll get it printed this weekend. DM me your address

Just finished up total 'rehab' (expansion chambers, evaps, orings, lines, oil, dye, blower motor) front/rr & already ordered 1 of these. Pics look Gorgeous & can't wait to install. Will Leave Feedback, promise!

I need one of these!! Year 2000... anyone confirm fit?
Confirmed fit on a '99 and '06 so far, so I'm assuming it should fit across the board for left hand drive 100s.

Such a great solve. I replaced my evaporator last year. Metal brackets and screws weren’t enough to keep the longer section of the cut support from sliding down slightly and misaligning the glovebox. I ended up covering it in JB Weld. It worked but I hope I don’t need to access it again anytime soon!

Such a great solve. I replaced my evaporator last year. Metal brackets and screws weren’t enough to keep the longer section of the cut support from sliding down slightly and misaligning the glovebox. I ended up covering it in JB Weld. It worked but I hope I don’t need to access it again anytime soon!
I feel Your pain, was contemplating a similar solution, however 1 look at Red Beard's design & I knew, if well made, it's taking advantage of the Bolt, less than an inch away.....Brilliant! It also appears (mines on the way, but not here yet), both sides once You've cut, just Snap in to this thing so no gorilla tape/jb weld solution required, or screws to steel/alum stock strip behind & screws thru from front (my plan, also 'secured' w/JB W.) This looks like a dream he's designed for our grief. Anything is better than total dash disassembly!:bang:

Last edited:
DUDE!

01' LC

How do i buy this thing?! I have been dealing with this issue for three years now. :)
Shoot me a PM with address. I’ll send you my PayPal and venmo info. Looks like I’m heading to the post office tomorrow so I can get it shipped as early as tomorrow!

DUDE!

01' LC

How do i buy this thing?! I have been dealing with this issue for three years now. :)
AWESOME Isn't it?! Like a battery powered toilet paper dispenser! Saw it & thought: "Oh Hellyea!" It even Looks Crackerjack, how come I Didn't Think of that?!!! Already told him, He oughta go 'big time' on these! Go Red Go! You've gotta winner in this.

Get the website up we will all need this 🤞

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom