Bourbon. What are you drinking right now? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not wrong, but try harder next time and you can make it through the whole bottle.
Patrick, Have you considered becoming a personal coach? How has the weight loss gone for you this past year? I must say you inspired me to lose 42 lbs from April to August and to date I am still down 30 and still fitting into my 36" pants. Just got home from the gym but enjoying an Ancient Ancient Age & diet ginger ale!

I had Buffalo Trace 90 prf tonight - seemed pretty smooth to me - nice vanilla notes - at Postal Fish here in Pittsboro - enjoyed it.

Postal Fish seems to have a decent selection of whiskey - about 60 bottles with about 20 of them being "allocated."

Patrick, Have you considered becoming a personal coach? How has the weight loss gone for you this past year? I must say you inspired me to lose 42 lbs from April to August and to date I am still down 30 and still fitting into my 36" pants. Just got home from the gym but enjoying an Ancient Ancient Age & diet ginger ale!

That’s awesome. I went from 261 down to 228, back up to 240 once daylight savings hit. Down to 236, seem to be back into the routine that I was early last year into summer. I think it’s just a reality that I can expect to put some on in the fall. I’m hoping to do some hiking in gorges in the not too distant future. We should get together for a hike

Anyone have any experience with this?
russell_sreserve10-01_1.jpg

Took @jtmosca advice and picked up a bottle of Breck
67D08DC5-4C2D-4F71-874E-097454CB0318.jpeg

I'm looking to expand beyond the current lineup.

20190109_185718.jpg

Any thoughts on what to add? Local ABC has some decent options. I wish I had pictures.

I'm looking to expand beyond the current lineup.

Any thoughts on what to add? Local ABC has some decent options. I wish I had pictures.

Eagle Rare, Elijah Craig, Buffalo Trace (if you can find it), or if you don’t mind spending a little more, Old Forester 1920 is pretty good.

Eagle Rare, Elijah Craig, Buffalo Trace (if you can find it), or if you don’t mind spending a little more, Old Forester 1920 is pretty good.

Is buffalo trace that hard to find in NC??? Any grocery, convenience, target, walmart, costco here has it. Hell I've even bought it from a gas station here for $25 when the price drops (normally it's around $30). Allen you send me the cash and I'll send you a whole box.

I thought it was really common in NC?

Thanks, Allen!

I actually bought a few things last night. I went for "weird stuff" given I was hoping for a recommendation from this forum, as well.

With this purchase, The Rosemary House B&B now officially offers Whiskey as an option to Wine/Beer . . .

The black bottle is called The Burning Chair. I liked the bottle LOL and the story about the guy being a winemaker.

20190119_101039.jpg

The Burning Chair is pretty good stuff - very FULL flavored, complex and smooth.

The Old Nick is . . .well - - if it is "good" then I don't know what I am doing. It tastes "earthy" and acidic and not well put together. Maybe it is amazing, I don't know.

The Jameson is just like the other one, for all I can tell . . .

Is buffalo trace that hard to find in NC??? Any grocery, convenience, target, walmart, costco here has it. Hell I've even bought it from a gas station here for $25 when the price drops (normally it's around $30). Allen you send me the cash and I'll send you a whole box.

From my experience, pretty much everything from Buffalo Trace is scarce in the Carolinas....I go to Atlanta and they have Buffalo Trace 750 & 1.75 as well as Eagle Rare & EH Taylor Small Batch & Rye on shelves regularly. I believe it's an allocation by population. Metro Atlanta has as many as the entire state of SC. You being in Seattle is a high density area. I could be wrong.
I'm seriously thinking of buying as much Buffalo Trace products when I am in Atlanta as I can to spread the wealth!!
Not looking to profit, just be an "equalizer".

Nope. Pretty much any Buffalo Trace product other than Eagle Rare is, ironically, rare here in NC. It can be had occasionally, or in surrounding states, but oddly enough it’s hard to come by in the Triangle.

Today, I was back at Smooth Ambler Distillery and sampled some of their new Old Scout 13 yr. “Barrel Select”, which is a sourced Tennessee whiskey and is quite tasty!!

Nope. Pretty much any Buffalo Trace product other than Eagle Rare is, ironically, rare here in NC. It can be had occasionally, or in surrounding states, but oddly enough it’s hard to come by in the Triangle.

Well I may be back in September maybe I'll fill up a check in bag.

Today, I was back at Smooth Ambler Distillery and sampled some of their new Old Scout 13 yr. “Barrel Select”, which is a sourced Tennessee whiskey and is quite tasty!!
I have yet to taste a Smooth Ambler product...must do so soon!

After reading through this thread, it seems like Buffalo Trace is hard to find in NC? Is this true?

Yes, hard to find in many places. No, not a huge deal to go without; plenty of other good options in the same price range. I personally can't jump on board with all the others who are making it even harder to find.

I know I joked about it recently, but damned if Old Crow isn't the house brown juice in soooo many places here in NOVA. Doesn't make me wanna buy it again but it DOES seem to move quickly at the local ABC's. You know, FWIW.

I have yet to taste a Smooth Ambler product...must do so soon!

Their original Old Scout 7 yr, 10 yr, and Single Barrels were all tremendous bourbons. Unfortunately, the only one they still sell are the Single Barrels that are now 13 years old. They’re awesome, but I think they may be distillery gift shop only releases right now and are up to $125 per bottle. Rumor has it, they may have sourced some more MGP juice, so the discontinued Old Scouts may be back before long.

In the meantime, this new Tennessee whiskey “Single Barrel Select” that they’re releasing is pretty dang good. Of course, we live in NC, so who knows if we’ll get any.

I’m planning a new order next week, I want to try this Japanese Whiskey I read about, but I can order a bottle if anyone is interested

Smooth Ambler Big Level Bourbon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom