Bolt on turbo kit (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i am sure some of the new divorce papers thanks to this kit will be way more than 41 bucks a gram.

So...I do not want to call out anyone but I can’t bite my tongue on the situation because it is an absolute first.

I have a few folks that purchased the kit. Next day I get a call, from a woman, asking me a dozen questions which NONE are technical. It’s all about cost, efficiency, need, warranty, blah blah blah. But she does not sound happy nor does she sound like an enthusiast. But I detail what I can.

WHILE I’m on the phone with her I get a text message from one of the people who purchased the kit:

“I’m really sorry about this but you might get a call from my wife about the turbo. Talk it up please!”

I’m on the phone with her now.

“**** 😞

I was already finishing up the call by then. No idea if I talked her off the ledge but I answered all her questions. If I get a refund request from PP I’ll know why 😳

So...I do not want to call out anyone but I can’t bite my tongue on the situation because it is an absolute first.

I have a few folks that purchased the kit. Next day I get a call, from a woman, asking me a dozen questions which NONE are technical. It’s all about cost, efficiency, need, warranty, blah blah blah. But she does not sound happy nor does she sound like an enthusiast. But I detail what I can.

WHILE I’m on the phone with her I get a text message from one of the people who purchased the kit:

“I’m really sorry about this but you might get a call from my wife about the turbo. Talk it up please!”

“f*** 😞

I was already finishing up the call by then. No idea if I talked her off the ledge but I answered all her questions. If I get a refund request from PP I’ll know why 😳

Can add it to the list of many talents.... Land Cruiser wizard and marriage counselor/coach.

Temps haven’t passed 190° in the past 1000 miles but that doesn’t mean much since ambient temps have been on the cool side.
is that with a stock cooling system? because now mine will always get above 190 in the summer. closer to 200 with a stock system just a blue hub with 20k. when it was 118 it got to boiling temp...

is that with a stock cooling system? because now mine will always get above 190 in the summer. closer to 200 with a stock system just a blue hub with 20k. when it was 118 it got to boiling temp...

Bone stuck but new radiator and original fan clutch. Typical temp is 186º

This is good to know as mine is a pretty much stock cooling system with an old aftermarket CSU brass radiator which I think is out of business now and I never see anything over 190 here in the Bay Area. But I have yet to really run it in the dead of summer with the AC going too. Speaking of cooling, is the turbo water and oil cooled? I didn't see anything in the parts list about a water line, so was curious if it was just oil cooled?

Thanks for clarifying, just need to remember to treat the LC like my first gen Cummins Ram and let it idle for a minute or two if I've been playing around with it right before I get to wherever it is I'm going. Being a new turbo, I assume it has a provision for water cooling and possibly something that could be added later on?

Definitely still in for this, had to reallocate funds to deal with my mother-in-law's health issues. I'm simultaneously hoping that you sell out of the 25 at the lower rate before I can snag one and hoping that I can afford it while it's cheap(er). :confused:

No. It is a pretty big difference between gas and diesel turbos. A diesel turbo runs much more boost, is spooled a much higher percentage of the time and runs much hotter. If you aren't racing your truck you won't have any issues shutting it off when you get home. This turbo does not have any provisions for water cooling.

Thanks for clarifying, just need to remember to treat the LC like my first gen Cummins Ram and let it idle for a minute or two if I've been playing around with it right before I get to wherever it is I'm going. Being a new turbo, I assume it has a provision for water cooling and possibly something that could be added later on?

Last edited:

“f*** 😞

Well it isn't me. I'm married to an alpha male and I like it that way. What woman in her right mind would compel the return such a flattering gift? Tell me you embellished this story.

Well it isn't me. I'm married to an alpha male and I like it that way. What woman in her right mind would compel the return such a flattering gift? Tell me you embellished this story.

I held back a lot of info. I’m not trying to humiliate anyone. I got the ok to tell the story, just leave key details out.

“f*** 😞

WTF is that all about?! Dude, either buy it or don't. I guess I don't understand the 'sanctity' of marriage if it comes down to this sh*t.
You don't need this headache.

WTF is that all about?! Dude, either buy it or don't. I guess I don't understand the 'sanctity' of marriage if it comes down to this sh*t.
You don't need this headache.

This is all in light hearted humor and I get the wife gathering more intel on such a huge purchase. We don't know the back story and for all we know the hubby is a shameless money waster and she's sick and tired of it :lol: I'm guessing the sale went through, I hope?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom