Bolt on turbo kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I keep getting asked about the transmission and the shift kit. I tried getting better pricing on the TransGo kit (340-HD2) but it seems Amazon is as low as it goes so there is that. But I am going to make life a little easier for those who are going to be installing the shift kit with the turbo, which is a good idea. I've assembled all the OEM bits you will need to make it a success.

Last edited:
Squeaked out some progress since some pieces finally came in. Small change of plans but I think for the better. Originally the plan was to rig up the downpipe and jig then send it to the pipe shop and wait. Instead going to fully weld up the downpipe and drive it back to the SEMA shop for the final emissions test and possibly dyno.

Another change is instead of making the last v-band 2.5”, it’s going to be 3”. This solves a potential issue for those who might go larger exhaust. Basically I don’t want to force someone’s decision. The reducer will come after the v-band but will just be a cut-n-weld.

Great forward thinking on setting the reduction after the 3" v-band.

Side note, I like to time your progress updates between IG Post and Mud Posts.... a little slow today ;)

Joey,

I'm armchair QB'ing here but is there a 90º type elbow that can be used instead of what's at the turbo outlet for a smoother transition? I assume that is the plan on the production unit but thought I'd ask in case others had the same observation.

Joey,

I'm armchair QB'ing here but is there a 90º type elbow that can be used instead of what's at the turbo outlet for a smoother transition? I assume that is the plan on the production unit but thought I'd ask in case others had the same observation.

Ignore how it looks. This is a mock up only.

2 Bananas it is not hard if you can follow directions. The most difficult part is probably just getting the pan off. Once the pan is off it is just a matter of removing bolts while trans fluid rains down on top of you. There are a few tricks that make it easier. Like punching matching hole patterns in cardboard and putting the bolts in them so you make sure the right length bolts go back into the right places. And then aligning the shift lever with the rod in the trans but it really is a pretty simple job.

So long as Dylan ain’t freaking out, I won’t either!

How many bananas is the Transgo kit?

I know you're just asking for some clarification and Joey has already said that the finished product will be more "finished" than this but there is absolutely nothing wrong with that downpipe and there are many pipes that are a thousand dollars that are "lobster cut" or "pie cut" pipes. Again this was just to get the shape and to get the fit but even if it wasn't this downpipe would be totally fine for the intended use.

Joey,

I know you're just asking for some clarification and Joey has already said that the finished product will be more "finished" than this but there is absolutely nothing wrong with that downpipe and there are many pipes that are a thousand dollars that are "lobster cut" or "pie cut" pipes. Again this was just to get the shape and to get the fit but even if it wasn't this downpipe would be totally fine for the intended use.

Yeah @alia176 ! What he said. Such a diva 🙄

Downpipe prototype is done and going to be fully welded up. It’s all connected by v-band clamps and disconnects crazy easily and pulls out from thevengine bay with no effort. There are two flex joints that guarantee fitment and the downpipe is connected via a bracket on the bellhousing so movement is minimal. I’m including an AFR bung out of the way to give clearance for a potential future IC.

The OEM cat just needs a straight cut and weld. Separately I’ll have available a “test pipe” that mimics the cat seen in the picture.

First thing I thought of while looking at this was, it is a Dr. Seuss design!

It’s a BEAUTIFUL thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom