Bolt on turbo kit (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What elevation was that?

Did someone say dyno pictures? 121.5 HP of japanese tractor! :hillbilly:

dyno-jpg.1226088

A little shy of 6k IIRC.

Sooooooo...

Technically I picked up Dylan’s truck. Everything good to go. Stage one is complete, hurdle overcome. Now 4pm, 6 hours late, but made it to Weistec Engineering. I’m too late. They tried holding the spot for me but they have a customer’s crazy built Aston Martin that they couldn’t push back anymore even though they did try for me.

The shadows in the second pic are of my brother and I crying.

I tried guys, I really really tried but this truck is officially NOT getting a pre-turbo dyno. :(

So off to AZ where I’m now not going to arrive til well past midnight. Ugh.

4FCC5337-6AFF-4C26-AFF3-0D970559DA33.jpeg
1A37C841-C225-48B6-A5B7-BF7CE8EC3BEF.jpeg
69A993B1-3B5D-43C7-854F-20F1C77881DC.jpeg

damn govmt shutdown!!!!!

Any initial #'s ? Love to hear how you hooked up with the Weistec guys.... I'm hoping to do their stage 3 Sc'er on the Merc once a solution is resolved for enough fueling to combine with my current E85 setup....

safe travels

E

Replaced my hood struts today. Spent a bunch of time staring at the hole for the turbo. Then ran into a random guy at the car wash and he asked me about my 80. He has one too. Told him I was pondering an overhaul and he asked if I was going to add the WitsEnd turbo. Well I sure hope so!

Replaced my hood struts today. Spent a bunch of time staring at the hole for the turbo. Then ran into a random guy at the car wash and he asked me about my 80. He has one too. Told him I was pondering an overhaul and he asked if I was going to add the WitsEnd turbo. Well I sure hope so!

yay! Maybe I won't be sitting on these :hmm:

Somehow I doubt you're going to be sitting on them :)

Having work done on my engine in prep for the possibility of getting in on this. Worst case things run a little better, a little longer. Best case? TURBO TIME

Spent 12 hours today at the shop getting everything torn apart. Could have gotten a bit further but I was doing a lot of photography and documenting every step.

I did find a handful of things that I need to adjust to the kit that I ran into while installing the kit as it is right now. I’m including some vacuum hose pieces and some Toyota FPIG because I’d rather see folks use the good stuff.

Today was along day but tons accomplished and tomorrow gonna check of a few more pic pieces so I can into production with the last bits.

Where things sit right now ;)

61A7F4F1-FBAB-48AC-995D-D0B0CF2E838F.jpeg

Last edited:
You know when you have a truck that isn’t yours and you need to remove the wheel but there are wheel locks on the wheels but no lock in site? You know when your first instinct is to just pound a slightly smaller socket over the lock and just thread it off that? You when you realize you can’t do that because the wheel design is such that there is very little room between the lugnut/lock to get a good socket over it? You know when you finally give up and you just roll over the welder and a spare socket and you just go to town on it?

Yeah it was that kind of day. Sorry Dylan, I’ll replace the lugnut

44002EAF-936B-49BE-A330-B2178A220E27.jpeg
53037973-AE79-454B-9448-E539D93A3DD6.jpeg
EC34677B-93CB-467E-942D-70D7E42A809C.jpeg
1C24BC86-B135-49A8-89FE-6D09ADE9354A.jpeg
58A6B291-573D-4495-AC6E-DD217FB79E5D.jpeg

You were a big topic of conversation at our get together yesterday. All in a good way.

You were a big topic of conversation at our get together yesterday. All in a good way.

That’s good to hear. I’m getting more and more exited about this. So far everything has gone fairly smoothly. My plan for this being a near bolt on affair is slowly being realized. I have a fellow mudder helping out, who is interested in the kit, and it’s been good to hear his feedback yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom