Bolt on 80 Series Tire Carrier Compatible with Factory Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I thing a PS swingout could attach to the DS swingout.
Add an extension plate to the DS swingout “latching area“ which the PS swingout could latch onto.
The user would have to latch close the DS swingout first, then latch close the PS swingout onto that.

The PS swingout could hold jerry cans or whatever.

Add an extension plate to the DS swingout “latching area“ which the PS swingout could latch onto.
The user would have to latch close the DS swingout first, then latch close the PS swingout onto that.

Alternatively, make a jerry can mount that sits over the tire. I don’t know how much more weight the DS swingout could handle, though. The swingout itself looks overbuilt, but the swingout mount itself may not be able to handle much more torque when the swingout is open. It would also be yet more weight on the DS side, and up higher.

An alternative latch point for a PS swingout could be something which fits into a standard trailer hitch - It shouldn’t preclude using the hitch, though. Maybe a combination of hitch rattle stopper and latch point for the PS swingout, attached by the same U bolt system used by hitch tightener anti rattle stabilizers.

I JUST ORDERED MINE!!!! I’m flippin stoked!!!!!!
Probably should have inquired about a military discount as an active duty service member. Nonetheless, I am happy to pay full price for such an awesome product that I’ve waited a long time for.

A few people have installed there carriers and ran into a small issue. It looks like Lexus has larger plastics on the corners. The bottom of the spindle on the frame mount may hit the plastic on land cruisers. That corner will need to be cut or ground down to fit inside the plastic like the picture below.
I'm really sorry about this and will start cutting this edge off before it ships. I appreciate the feedback and want to make this as easy as possible for the end user.

Screenshot_20221114-092606.png

This is what it'll look like if you don't trim that corner, and the cap is difficult to re-install and I couldn't get all the screws back in place. Pretty sure I'm going to remove mine and cut the corner down and touch up the powder coat with paint.

IMG_1378.JPEG
IMG_1380.JPEG

Couple pictures from today's install. Powder coated to match the factory trim. Turned out really nice! Working on a license plate mount, this one will do for now.
View attachment 3165461
View attachment 3165462
View attachment 3165463
View attachment 3165464

Couple pictures from today's install. Powder coated to match the factory trim. Turned out really nice! Working on a license plate mount, this one will do for now.
View attachment 3165461
View attachment 3165462
View attachment 3165463
View attachment 3165464
Hey GGM, mind sharing the color of powder you used? Also, have you decided if/when your going to offer weld it yourself kits?

The powder coater didn't tell me the exact color. Yours may vary. I would recommend talking with your local powder coater to see how they can help.

I will be offering a weld it yourself kit, the price (as of now) will be $640 shipped. I need to gather some pictures of all the pieces, but it is currently on the website.

I want to do a write-up/instructions as well for the DIY kit so that you know what you are getting into. Bear with me for when I can get that done.

Last edited:
Here's a link to the DIY listing, Ill update it when I get some pictures.

I made a write up on the weld it yourself kit here:

Here's a link to download the instructions from our site.

Last edited:
Here's the prototype table addition. Some things may change but I'm liking the initial design. It's 16" wide and 8 3/4" deep. When folded up it sticks out about 1 1/4". Has a push button latch. Let me know what you think!

img_20221117_120212348-jpg.3170601
View attachment 3170612View attachment 3170613View attachment 3170615

View attachment 3170601
Loving it. Would like a bigger table. But beggars can’t be choosers. I’m sure it would be easy enough for one to create their own if they chose to. But if it’s to support someone who’s doing the most to produce quality products for our rigs, then im all for it. 👍👍

Reactions: GGM
Loving it. Would like a bigger table. But beggars can’t be choosers. I’m sure it would be easy enough for one to create their own if they chose to. But if it’s to support someone who’s doing the most to produce quality products for our rigs, then im all for it. 👍👍
I honestly think the size is pretty decent considering it being a flip down accessory. Super impressed by the durability based on the pics.

GGM, any idea on a price? Thanks!!!

neato, also is there anything that holds the swingout open so it can't swing shut? And if you go with the table will there still be a provision for mounting anything along that back panel?

I honestly think the size is pretty decent considering it being a flip down accessory. Super impressed by the durability based on the pics.

GGM, any idea on a price? Thanks!!!
I'll work on a price tomorrow! 👍

neato, also is there anything that holds the swingout open so it can't swing shut? And if you go with the table will there still be a provision for mounting anything along that back panel?
Currently, no there is nothing to stop the swinging portion, I packed a lot of features into this design but I haven't found a easy and economical solution to a stop. HOWEVER, there are holes all over this thing. If you would like to add a strut,limit strap or something similar there's many features you could work off of. I may come up with an add on for this at a later time.

Some customers have used gas struts successfully.

The table covers up a lot of the mounting features except for the top. I don't think it's possible to work around that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom