Bolt on 80 Series Tire Carrier Compatible with Factory Bumper (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've been seeing alot of people using the Milwaukee packout system in their rigs. If I developed some goodies that use that system would anyone be interested? Suggestions and request?
curious... what do you mean?

curious... what do you mean?
Milwaukee tools has developed a interlocking system to attach/secure toolboxes and things. It's a pretty neat system to keep things organized. Some companies are making panels kinda like molle panels to attach those boxes to their rig.
If you Google it or go to the section in home Depot you'll see what I'm talking about.

What I'm purposing is making mounts that use that system for the 80 series.

Screenshot_20230317-113743.png
Screenshot_20230317-113724.png

I've been seeing alot of people using the Milwaukee packout system in their rigs. If I developed some goodies that use that system would anyone be interested? Suggestions and request?
well this seems like a good idea I am sure we can find some folks with milaukee packouts locally

• Love
Reactions: GGM
What about a mount on the quarter panel? Would be much trickier, but it is somewhere most of us aren't utilizing space enough. Just spitballing here, there might not be enough space for the packouts. I added pictures of some other products that are similar to get an idea of what can be done with the quarter panel of an 80 and also pictures of a truck bed to show how they are mounting Milwaukee Packout's horizontally
201103_packout_mount_5_1400_1800x1800.progressive.jpg
102601_4_1200_ab6cd4f4-db5f-4812-be53-2ce1bca06c2b_1800x1800.progressive.jpg
IMG_7569__81742.1621553561.jpg
Quarter-Panel-Mount__69811.1621553561.png

1679341239514.png

I was procrastinating at work and got some more dimensions. Little janky, but should be fairly accurate.

What about a mount on the quarter panel? Would be much trickier, but it is somewhere most of us aren't utilizing space enough. Just spitballing here, there might not be enough space for the packouts. I added pictures of some other products that are similar to get an idea of what can be done with the quarter panel of an 80 and also pictures of a truck bed to show how they are mounting Milwaukee Packout's horizontally
201103_packout_mount_5_1400_1800x1800.progressive.jpg
102601_4_1200_ab6cd4f4-db5f-4812-be53-2ce1bca06c2b_1800x1800.progressive.jpg
IMG_7569__81742.1621553561.jpg
Quarter-Panel-Mount__69811.1621553561.png

The bottom two pics are of the wits end mount.

Mean while, I finalized the limit linkage. I will write up instructions tomorrow morning. If you ordered a retrofit they will ship out tomorrow.

Also, I started playing with ideas for the "wings" corner armor.
View attachment 3275060View attachment 3275062

View attachment 3275059

View attachment 3275061
Ohhhhh! I was about to pull the trigger on ordering the rear carrier but if you're setting corner armor up, I ight have to wait! Or, would this be an add-on to the existing set up?

The current plan is the "wings" will work with the swingouts.
Awesome, so it can be a follow up purchase? Great!

Hey there Matt, I am about to purchase the TCAM but I am concerned about weight. Say if I add accessories to the TCAM, will it be too heavy if I'm running a 37 inch tire. I know the max limit for the tire carrier is 37's for width, but what about weight? Your product is pretty hefty but I wouldn't want to over load it.

Hey there Matt, I am about to purchase the TCAM but I am concerned about weight. Say if I add accessories to the TCAM, will it be too heavy if I'm running a 37 inch tire. I know the max limit for the tire carrier is 37's for width, but what about weight? Your product is pretty hefty but I wouldn't want to over load it.

We have not determined what the maximum load and failure of the system would be. The ability to pinpoint the failure numbers for dynamic, static and cyclical loading is beyond our current capability.

While our products are designed and constructed to be tough and capable... Each user is responsible for using good judgment and common sense in their particular installation and should be comfortable with their choices in using the TCAM and tire carrier.

Wanted to share an idea a customer had on locating the spindle on the plastic. Not sure what his name is on MUD but maybe he'll chime in.

He installed the frame mount, then aligned a plumb bob to the center of the spindle. Remove the frame mount and reinstalled the bumper and boom! You can mark the location for the hole needed in the plastic. GREAT IDEA!

plumbob.jpg

We have not determined what the maximum load and failure of the system would be. The ability to pinpoint the failure numbers for dynamic, static and cyclical loading is beyond our current capability.

While our products are designed and constructed to be tough and capable... Each user is responsible for using good judgment and common sense in their particular installation and should be comfortable with their choices in using the TCAM and tire carrier.

This was a concern as mine as well. I have the TCAM installed on mine and had hung a 4.5 gallon fuelpax to it. There is minor wiggling coming from the carrier, with my 34” tire mounted. Not enough wiggle to worry me, but then again, I had not filled my fuelpax completely to 4.5 gallons. And if anyone has any experience with extra fuel, you know 4.5 gallons is HEAVY. I chose to err on the side of caution. Will be using my TCAM for other options besides fuel.

Wanted to share an idea a customer had on locating the spindle on the plastic. Not sure what his name is on MUD but maybe he'll chime in.

He installed the frame mount, then aligned a plumb bob to the center of the spindle. Remove the frame mount and reinstalled the bumper and boom! You can mark the location for the hole needed in the plastic. GREAT IDEA!

View attachment 3318054
I wish I’d been smart enough to do this. Very happy with how mine turned out but good lawd—measuring 20 times before drilling once was nerve wracking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom