Blackhawk Forged Radius Arms 80 series caster correction for 3" of lift. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GW Nugget

Do the best you can with what you have...
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Just found this on the WORLD WIDE WEB...
Anyone have these yet? @Box Rocket @AutoCraft Aus do you have any pictures of them installed.
As far as I know these are the only arms that go forward (16mm/.6299") to clear larger tyres. All other just push forward to re-center at ride height. 4" is like .25" forward.

1612516785816.png

1612516825018.png

1612516764614.png

These forged cromoly 4140 billet arms give you a 3.5 degree caster reading with a 3" lift while moving your axle forward 16mm.

They also give you an additional 25mm of steering arm clearance.

Bushes are the new design polyelastomer compound with limited lifetime warranty and fit all 80 series, 105 series and straight arm model 79 series Land Cruisers.

1. More Ground Clearance
  2. Lighter than all others on the Market
  3. Heaviest GVM Upgrades Available in Australia of up to 1660kg Front Axle Load
  4. 16mm Longer to help to correct wheelbase length (.629")
  5. 1.5 Times Stronger than an OE Arm
  6. Australian Made Hybrid Rubber polyelastomer Bushes

Last edited:
Just found this on the WORLD WIDE WEB...
Anyone have these yet? @Box Rocket @AutoCraft Aus do you have any pictures of them installed.
As far as I know these are the only arms that go forward (16mm/.6299") to clear larger tyres. All other just push forward to re-center at ride height. 4" is like .25" forward.

View attachment 2576135
View attachment 2576136
View attachment 2576134
These forged cromoly 4140 billet arms give you a 3.5 degree caster reading with a 3" lift while moving your axle forward 16mm.

They also give you an additional 25mm of steering arm clearance.

Bushes are the new design polyelastomer compound with limited lifetime warranty and fit all 80 series, 105 series and straight arm model 79 series Land Cruisers.

1. More Ground Clearance
  2. Lighter than all others on the Market
  3. Heaviest GVM Upgrades Available in Australia of up to 1660kg Front Axle Load
  4. 16mm Longer to help to correct wheelbase length (.629")
  5. 1.5 Times Stronger than an OE Arm
  6. Australian Made Hybrid Rubber polyelastomer Bushes
I don't have a set of these yet, but I'm hoping to get some soon. I've been waiting on availability like everyone else. I have chatted with a few people that have ordered a set of arms already and may have them installed already, but I'm not sure.

Personally, I think the design and features of these is pretty awesome for those that want to run large tires and stay with a radius arm setup. The lifetime warranty is also pretty awesome.

This is the closest image I have of one being installed. obviously this one isn't installed but zip tied to a stock radius arm, probably to show the difference in dimensions. I snagged this off the 4xOaus Instagram page.
Blackhawk radius arm by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

I don't have a set of these yet, but I'm hoping to get some soon. I've been waiting on availability like everyone else. I have chatted with a few people that have ordered a set of arms already and may have them installed already, but I'm not sure.

Personally, I think the design and features of these is pretty awesome for those that want to run large tires and stay with a radius arm setup. The lifetime warranty is also pretty awesome.

This is the closest image I have of one being installed. obviously this one isn't installed but zip tied to a stock radius arm, probably to show the difference in dimensions. I snagged this off the 4xOaus Instagram page.
Blackhawk radius arm by Adam Tolman, on Flickr
Structural zip ties. I like it.

A set of Blackhawk radius arms are on the truck. Will give them a test run at the end of the month. Still waiting for armor to be fab’d.

@Box Rocket any feedback on your Blackhawk’s. How is the caster and trail performance?

F8827BEC-8A26-44C9-A808-7B5E55F1B877.jpeg

FE6B260B-E3B0-4F21-AAD3-13BA23D09EB2.jpeg

A set of Blackhawk radius arms are on the truck. Will give them a test run at the end of the month. Still waiting for armor to be fab’d.

@Box Rocket any feedback on your Blackhawk’s. How is the caster and trail performance?

View attachment 2636411

View attachment 2636412
I don't have the Blackhawk arms yet. :( All you guys bought up the available ones before I could get any. There's another set on a local truck. Impressed with that but it's only been a visual inspection.

I don't have the Blackhawk arms yet. :( All you guys bought up the available ones before I could get any. There's another set on a local truck. Impressed with that but it's only been a visual inspection.
Oh no...I thought you were able to get a set before the tap turned off. There’s a set in your future. Hopefully soon.

Last edited:
Are they narrower than stock arms?
Will factory Toyota bushing fit?
What is the USA price point?
When I purchased mine, they were $1095 plus shipping. Can’t answer your other questions since my truck is a couple hundred miles away at the moment.

Are they narrower than stock arms?
Will factory Toyota bushing fit?
What is the USA price point?
They are formed to have better clearance than stock at the bushing eyes so those don't bind against the brackets. They have a "Lifetime" bushing, but also fit the factory rubber bushings. Better clearance for the tie rod. 3* caster built in. Slightly longer than stock arms, but I don't remember the length off the top of my head.
That's based on the information I've been able to gather. As I said in an earlier post, I don't have a set of my own yet to do actual comparison on dimensions.

The lifetime warranty is also pretty awesome.
Does it only say life time warranty on the rubber bush ? "Limited lifetime warranty on bushes" mentions nothing about the arms. You will see they avoid any mention of the arms warranty or where it is made on the listed page ( might be somewhere else but why not on the products page )

Being they are Australian I would ask for a copy of the engineers report they have to have to be RTA / DOT compliant and used for road use, under DOTARS it should be readily availble but there wording is somewhat avoiding of the issue where they seem to want to suggest it is but don't directly mention it ....

I have seen very bad results from "forged cromoly 4140" in the buggy scene and it has largely disappeared. Mainly products from china seem to use that term.

Not saying they are no good, never seen a set just seems a bit weird they way they are approaching it .

Last edited:
The Blackhawk arms have worked out great so far. They’ve taken some direct hits without complaint, they don’t touch, rub, or contact anywhere, and they flex pretty well.

The road manners are good with 37’s. I have just 3 degrees of caster according to a fresh alignment after install, which is under the advertised 3.5 degrees.

No complaints.

E00E1912-F1F4-4CCE-B18D-8EAE85E47329.jpeg

69410A8D-A2DD-4897-90DC-9E5B3F5C12E4.png

7B757EB5-2ECB-4CD6-8BA9-DBA32106D870.jpeg

4BD73E33-275E-42BE-B4B6-83F91D274546.jpeg

Last edited:
The road manners are good with 37’s. I have just under 3 degrees of caster according to a fresh alignment after install, which is under the advertised 3.5 degrees.

No complaints.

How do you find the road manners without front sway bars ?? Thinking of running mine without them and interested to hear

The Blackhawk arms have worked out great so far. They’ve taken some direct hits without complaint, they don’t touch, rub, or contact anywhere, and they flex pretty well.

The road manners are good with 37’s. I have just under 3 degrees of caster according to a fresh alignment after install, which is under the advertised 3.5 degrees.

No complaints.

View attachment 2734755

View attachment 2734756

View attachment 2734757

View attachment 2734786
do you have any issues with rubbing the 37's on the body? I see you have a 1 inch body lift. Wondering if these arms would work with a 4 inch lift (3 inch springs and 1 inch spring spacer)? Also wondering if you noticed a difference with the tire location in the fenderwell with these arms moving the axle .62 inches forward?

do you have any issues with rubbing the 37's on the body? I see you have a 1 inch body lift. Wondering if these arms would work with a 4 inch lift (3 inch springs and 1 inch spring spacer)? Also wondering if you noticed a difference with the tire location in the fenderwell with these arms moving the axle .62 inches forward?
The 37’s don’t rub at all in the front and required no trimming with the axle moved forward .62” by the Blackhawk arms. The Slinky heavy springs in front limit up travel with spring compression just enough to stuff the tire, but not rub. It’s close though.

Since I have 3” suspension and a 1” body lift, I would think your 4” suspension lift would give similar tire clearance results. These arms should work, though your caster may be less than mine? Not sure with the spring spacer. I have about 2.8 degrees of caster now, with good road manners. I did need a double cardan driveshaft to remove driveline vibrations.

I needed to trim the rear bumper, fender, and flare about 1.5”.
The 4.75” backspacing on the Icon wheels had the rear tires rubbing on the frame, so I added 1.5” wheel spacers. The wheel spacers were part of the reason I needed to trim the rear fender. Without the spacers, the tire would have stuffed easier.

1DB4C6A0-0B27-43BA-8199-3F6C592E176C.jpeg

No complaints.

View attachment 2734755

View attachment 2734756

View attachment 2734757

View attachment 2734786
Do you have a build thread ? Thanks Broski

How do you find the road manners without front sway bars ?? Thinking of running mine without them and interested to hear
After removing the front swaybar, I have slightly more body roll, but I’m ok with that. The heavy springs and rear 30mm heavy duty sway bar work well together. The truck handles corners well and I don’t plan to reinstall the front swaybar. It’s gone for good. My caster seems good since the truck stays where I point it. Adjustments in shock compression are very noticeable as load and off/on road use changes.

Last edited:
Do you have a build thread ? Thanks Broski

Thanks for asking @Broski, but I don’t have a build thread. I haven’t done anything new really. Just small differences in part combination.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom