Blackberry the FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Aussie rides don't follow US time lines... So I would guess since its a high top in OZ it is what ever model the owner states... Sweet ride BTW

thanks for the comments all.

I love driving it :steer:

I managed to get my roof rack back on, and also put the rear cargo drawers in. Just have to make minor adjustemnts to the side hinged flaps and it'll be ready to fill up with gear and go camp'n.
pics to follow later.

Dave

Well been busy on the cruiser for the past few weeks.
I installed another gearbox into it, broke a bellhousing in the process
so now that its installed i noticed the bolt pattern on the new box, that bolt the front/rear drive shafts to box, are a
different pattern, all the originals are rectangular, and the box is square.
I managed to use a uni joint from my other cruiser (FJ45) that has a transmission handbrake, cool, square pattern.
So now i have the rear bolted in, and no front, so its a 2wd at the moment.

I had a brain wave, simple, unbolt the old ones fron the old box, and do a swap.

Here are a few pics of the ones from the old g/box

FJ-Dave

front-1.JPG
rear-2.JPG
rear-3.jpg

I made the drawer system from 12mm ply. Pre-drilled all holes before screwing together, also used liquid nails.
The runners are made from 25x25x1.6 SHS, running on skateboard bearings. I used Tee-Nuts to bolt/screw the bearings too, as this made them sit flush with the other side.
The drawers are 900mm long, and when pulled out, 700mm.

CHeers - FJ-Dave

Grouse build up mate. Love the detail. A few comments on 60 or 62. I had a 86 fj62 g pak, round headlight with 3f carby + 5 spd man. Im guessing there is quite a bit of difference between aussie + us/euro models, keep up the pics. Cheers.

Aussie rides don't follow US time lines... So I would guess since its a high top in OZ it is what ever model the owner states... Sweet ride BTW
Here in Oz the high tops were usually called the Sahara model. The Sahara over here was the top of the line 60 series, next in line was the GXL, followed by the G pack or poverty pack as we called it. Base model, no power windows no options. Most of our 60s' series here have manual tranny not auto. Standard equipment was either 4 or 5 speed depending on the year. Not 100% sure but 62 series started in 86 and finished in late 89 early 90 followed by the intro of the 80 series.

The g is not the base model my 83 g is the top trim level in its day an even the 86 g I had before that still had a few options more then the miss 89 gx it got carpet cloth seats an a 12ht that's it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom