Blackberry the FJ62 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

suspension is now complete except the steering damper, as i am still having trouble in removing it.
anyways, a couple of pics
28-08-10_1.jpg
28-08-10_2.jpg

Quick up-date...........

now that the suspension is complete, i have noticed that the drivers side sits low compared to the rest of the car. not sure if its an incorrect spring or what, but its about 30mm lower than the rest.

I also have finished cutting out the rust in the passenger, rear passenger, and drivers floors and replacing with some nice clean steel.
i have also cut and welded in some new material for the rear barn door rubber to re-attach to.
just have to give it all a quick lick of "rust kill" and all will be nearly complete.

list to complete to get it on road:
fix horn (not working)
fix head light problem
bleed brakes
engineer seating

then extra's
roof rack
cargo barrier
new spot lights
install winch
bolt on recovery hooks/points to front and rear

a few pics will come tonight (hopefully)

:cheers: DAve

Well today, i got the can of grease and wax remover out, and went to town cleaning the rear area. (after buffing back with a wire wheel on the grinder)
started to apply the first coat of paint.
Its not all completed, as i applied bog, to where it was needed.

anyways here are some pics
15-09-10_5.jpg
15-09-10_6.jpg

big big day today. Got all the flooring clean, and slowly putting it all together.
Heater unit installed and tested :clap:
Brakes are bled :clap:
horn :bang:
headlighhts:bang:
wipers:bang:
all have to be worked out in the week coming.
so in the next 2 weeks, plan is to have it on the road :steer: and registered.

:cheers: Dave
19-09-10_1.jpg
19-09-10_2.jpg
19-09-10_3.jpg

Well i have found the problem with the horn.
It is the contact pin, its worn down. So need to ring around and find a new one.
Or is it ok to pack out the contact ring so that the contact pin touches while i find a new one?

Also while i was pulling the steering wheel off to fix my headlight problem, i noticed that one of headlight wires had come off (pic 2 red wire/green stripe, centre of pic) of the copper terminal/contact.
Soldered it back on but still have no LH headlight.
I will now use a test light and work my way back to fin the problem.
While i was there, there was also an odd wire soldered to ???(not sure what its called) that went to no where.... anybody know what it could of been used for? or just a power wire they used to tap into the ignition for an accessory? (pic 1 and 3)
21-09-10_1.jpg
21-09-10_2.jpg
21-09-10_3.jpg

Tonight i fixed the horn (horn pin fix cheap thread)
so happy with that.

Also i tackled the headlights, i thought electrical :confused:, used the test light had power, so i started with the basics, so i cleaned the contact terminals and..........LIGHTS i have lights.
BUT now high beam is a problem, as they are connected to the spotties. So now i have to sort out that problem.

Dave

Well after all that work, i had missed 2 things for the safety Cert:bang:
1. the pedals needed rubber on them to pass
2. the passenger side engine mount was broken

But it passed, its back at the mechanics now for them to do the mount today.
this wekend will be its first :steer: road trip, 960km total road trip to get my daughter, from here cousins.

but YAY its on the road.:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Pretty work.....looks great, I like those rims alot, your getting me motivated to get mine going again and back on the road...
All the best
Monty

Thanks for that Monty.
It went well for its maiden voyage, i put 1000km on the clock over 2 days, 98% was highway driving, the best i got was 16.7lt per 100.

Next test is on the beach, to see how well it goes fuel wise, then to and from work, i'll run the tank dry and see the exact usable fuel amount.
all before i go on my holiday on Fraser Island.

During the week i will start installing the centre console, and start on the rewar gargo area (cargo barrier, 12v power, and shelving)

Dave

Ordered and payed for my new roof rack/cage, and it arrived today. (pics when i get home)

Now threal problem, the cruiser came limping home yesterday with a :censor: fuming wife behind the wheel.
Something is wrong with the ignition. :censor:
Spark plugs are black as the ace of spades, carbon build up.
The rotar button was worn away, contacts on the dizzy cap all but gone, so a combination all these and maybe more (yet to dig deeper) is giving me grief.
So i bought new dizzy cap, plugs, points, rotar button.
I had to get all this as there was no spark, but had power at the condensor, and coil.

i might be heading the wrong direction, but i will get there in the end.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom