Blackberry the FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

a couple more
DSC02764.jpg
DSC02751.jpg
DSC02752.jpg

Here is a little update, spent the weekend doing little things, made a mount for the passenger front seat as the original one was a little dodgy. was easier than first thought as there is already a mount hole in the front support for a seat, nut welded in and all (see pic of hole)
the mound was made from 50x50x3mm EA. drilled a couple of holes, welded a nut, presto...all done, seat mounted. (couldn't resist the pic of my little girl)
DSC02783.jpg
DSC02785.jpg
DSC02802.jpg

pic of the brake line on the rear.

So that was the weekend effort.
tonight i got a bit done (no pics as wife has camera)
front and rear seats removed, flooring pulled up, and i am now evaluating what needs to be done rust repair wise. not much but enough to warrent cut and replace.

Cheers Dave
DSC02800.jpg

inside gutted, ready for rust removal-fixing

today, will cut out the rust today, take some measurements on making a rear bar, cardboard shapes etc... to get the right look.

cant wiat to drive this thing... but will get my fix tomorow when i head out with may mates in my Hilux
17-07-10_1.jpg
17-07-10_2.jpg
17-07-10_3.jpg

Welcome to the madness Dave, does that cruiser of yours have a 2F or 3F in it? With the round eyes etc and trim level, its gotta be an FJ60. Looks like you are getting after it though, I like what you've done so far with the detailing of the diffs etc, gonna be too pretty to get dirty though.

Thanks Mutley, there has been a little debate going on about the FJ60 VS. FJ62 with this cruiser.
as far as i'm aware its a FJ62, it has 'FJ62RV-MCQ' stamped into the plates rivited to the firewall, has it as a 4/85.
also has FJ62-015........stamped into the chassis.

It is running a 3F.

The madness is still going. i hope to start the front axel this weekend as i recieved my rear chassis 'c' channel inserts last night so the rear axel and suspension can now be bolted up, once i have painted the new inserts. :D

also have a new LED interior light, and 2 led spot lights coming via e-bay, can't wait to see a differance

:cheers: Dave

Last edited:
I built my own LED internal light, lol, its disco blue, I was bored one day when I was in between jobs. Be interested to know how your LED spots go.

With your front axle, are you rebuilding? If so, OPW carries Marlin Crawler axle seals, worth the extra $$$ for them I think. Keep after it, looking good.

Well what can i say but WOW what a weekend.
started out Saturday with the 'c' channel inserts not being correct again :censor:, so i cut them apart, bolted them in, dragged the welder out, tacked them in position, unbolt from chassis, and fully weld them up, grind and paint.
now they fit like a glove.:bounce:
Bolted everything back under the cruiser, the fuel tank was first to go in (having trouble still trying to get the filler neck back on the tank :bang:) then i mounted the leaf springs, axel is now sitting on the leaf springs ready for the u-bolts, u-bolt plate. shocks are mounted at the top only at this point.

pics tonight when i get home.

:cheers:Dave

today was a great day on the truck.
finally got it back on ALL 4 wheels...:bounce:
had a mate turn up to help do the final little touches like tail shaft, hand brake adjustemnts etc...
very happy with it all.
even hand my :princess: girls help out (changing the interior light to leds, and also make sure it drives ok):D
31-07-10_1.jpg
31-07-10_2.jpg
DSC02995.jpg

Well........... only got one day on the 60 over the weekend, but did feel good to see some results, (very little ones at that)

cut some rust out from the passenger floor, tacked in some replacement sheetmetal.
also tried out some kill-rust/rust converter my neighbour gave me (he is a pro air-brusher) it turns black to show it has worked.
08-08-10_1.jpg
08-08-10_2.jpg
08-08-10_3.jpg

i did a bit of reading regarding the tar mat on the passenger floor, dry ice, air chissel etc.... but the snall anount i had to remove i did with just a cold chisel and hammer.
but gee did the floor under it look NEW:)

next question, i will be painting the interior, what would the best paint be? what have you all used?

I was thinking of doing the rear section (boot) with herculiner, but will it go all sticky when the car is locked/closed up and in the sun? other option is just paint it and use a rubber mat.

not much progress happened over the weekend. helped a mate out put up roof sheets saturday morning, then worked around the shed getting it ready for this mornings council approval. (hope it passes).
Sunday...... once again not much happened till late arvo.
Managed to get the passenger side front up on stands and remove the shock and leaf pack.
So hope during the week i can tackle little things and be ready for swival hub rebuild and shock leaf install saturday, then start on drivers side...... well that is the plan.

i also played with my winch, getting it ready for install also

winch_set-up.jpg
LH_sus_1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom