BinksFab Front Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hicruise55

IH8MUD VOYEUR
Threads
Had to share cause I love it so much! Sorry about the dark pic, hasn't been too bright here...

Build time was only a couple weeks and quality is TOP notch!! I think he build them in batches. Easy to mount up, comes with a template of the little angle that needs to be cut off the frame to get it as close as possible to the body; the only PITA was moving the a/c dryer as the bumper sits so high and tight. I flipped the bracket, slid the dryer up and inwards and re-drilled and tapped the bracket mounting holes all while manipulating the lines to contour properly.

My Warn 9500ti with amsteel blue is sitting in the wings waiting for it's new home.

BTW Bink is in the design stages of a REAR FZJ80 bumper and says you will be able to tell the rear and front were made to match each other, and have options such as basic and swingouts ect... I am very excited to see the rear as I was about to buy a 4x4Labs and now with the front and choping at the bit to get the rear as well

BinkFab 209.402.6433 www.binksfab.com or on FB... not affiliated just a very pleased customer- tell 'em ya wanna see his rear! ;) :cheers: Aaron

Pictures
photo (5).jpg
photo (1).jpg
photo (6).jpg

Nice bumper. My friend in Hawaii has that bumper on his 80. I like how snug it is to the top.

Last edited:
I like the lines a lot. Will that take a winch??

It will! As said about I'm putting my Warn 9500ti on it today or tomm. Plenty of room for about any winch I would think? Check out his website for better info? Aaron

I have the same one. Actually the proto type that was on Boogerweldz rig. You will have to cut the tip of the frame horn at a 45* angle since the frame tucks up against the inside of the bumper. The bumper takes a standard 4"x10" pattern.

Here a tip for installation. Remove your grill prior to winch installation. Also on mine the winch bolts are a tight squeeze on the front of the bumper. No biggie, however they may have changed it since mine was built.

Also, I bought a couple "trick tabs" from trail gear that I welded to the hoop for lights. Fits great and easier and nicer than fabbing some.

Can't wait to see the rear bumper... I didn't want light tabs on the front, I have the Phillips HIR 65watt bulbs x4 and can barely tell my PIAA 510 (pencil beams) are on anymore, my roof rack will have a drop down bar for lights though. Although I have thought about cutting holes in the bumper for fog light provisions... Why remove the grill? I can set my Warn 9500ti in there no problem

1st pic- is the color that I painted the front bumper, it matches my Mojave Teflons and the body moulding... as soon as I do the exhaust I will build some sliders and finish my roof rack which will be painted the same color. Once I decide on a rear bumper (Binks or 4x4Labs) it'll be painted to match also...

2nd pic- is the template, top of template even with frame as well as the front... mark and cut. You will remove the front bottom section in a triangle shape. Not a big deal really and you would still be able to mount the factory bumper if removed.
photo (7).jpg
photo (8).jpg

Mine was $850 and weighed 117lbs without pallet or packaging... also saved some major coin by shipping it though UShip.com my lowest and chose bid was $119! everybody else wanted $250+

I removed my grill so it was easier to install the winch by myself and not bang and scratch stuff up. The paint looks good.

Thanks again for the kind words! We build these in groups of 5 and also have sliders available as I am in the unfortunately slow process of designing a rear bumper that will be as slick as the front. I unfortunately dont get over here as much as I should so you that are reading this keep track of us on facebook at binksfab and you can also many more bumper and slider pics there. Thanks again and Im glad you like your bumper Aaron:)

How does the winch mount to this? Any Pics?

Winch are is. 250 plate and has gussets front to rear to stop from plate from puckering. The bumper tapers sharply at the front so we slotted the front holes to aid in starting the bolts. You get the front two started and then install the rears. Typically the installs we do in house on these we mount the winch on the bumper and then install the whole shebang:)

Looks great,Aaron ! Looking forward to seeing the rear as well.:beer:

That bumper is sexy! Makes me rethink building my own.

I'm excited to see someone make a bumper that actually looks like it fits the truck right, tight in on the top. The thing that stops me from buying most of the other offerings is that they look like they weren't made for the 80, just adapter to it. It's cheesy to have a big air gap between the flares and the bumper and I wouldn't pay for one that's built that way. But this looks perfect, me likey!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom