Builds Big Red Toy (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The Phoenician

**** your sensitivity!
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Been lurking on MUD for a while now and finally decided to get back into wheeling and to do that I needed a good 4x4. So here's my new toy. Bought it from a fellow mudder from Austin while I'm overseas. Had my gf pick it up and it's been sitting in my driveway for 2 months now. Sadly I've yet to drive it because I'm not home yet, but it helps me pass the time to dream about it. I have lots of upgrades planned for it such as a swing out tire carrier, sliders, snorkel kit and eventually a diesel conversion among many other things. I had to wait over 45 minutes to attach these pictures because the internet here is sooooo slooooooooooow here. As it turns out I have better ones that I could have posted, but I'm not gonna wait any longer. Anyway, I look forward to learning more from you guys as I get closer to starting the projects.:beer:

IMG_1934.jpg
IMG_1936.jpg
IMG_1944.jpg

I can imagine that you can't wait to be back home again. Looks great. But not so much left to dream, when I see those pictures:)

I'm trying to attach more pics, but it keeps telling me I've exceeded my quota. How's everyone else able to attach more? Totally a noob question, I know.

I'm trying to attach more pics, but it keeps telling me I've exceeded my quota. How's everyone else able to attach more? Totally a noob question, I know.

As far as I remember, you get more when you exceed the 10 posts. So keep posting:)

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess I'll make some random comments to other people's rigs then attach the pics I got. It's a sloooow Sunday in Iraq anyway.

Big is right! You've already have an awesome rig, and with the list of mods you have planned, it's only gonna get better. Can't wait for more pics!!!!

Big is right! You've already have an awesome rig, and with the list of mods you have planned, it's only gonna get better. Can't wait for more pics!!!!

Thanks, I live in Texas when not traveling, so BIG is the norm here. I'm looking forward to add to it in the next few months. Already looking for a spare 37in. creepy crawler and matching pro comp wheels for the tire swing I've yet to build.

Looks like your off to a good start! I know how you feel! I ordered tons of parts for my FJ40 while I was in Iraq in 07. Couldn't wait to get home and get busy wrenching and wheeling. Even scheduled my leave so I could go to GSMTR that year. Thanks for what you do and stay safe. Good luck with the 62 I have an 88 fj62 daily driver. Pretty plain Jane compared to where your starting out.

a few more pix. It takes waaaay too long to attach them but will keep sending so long as I have time.
IMG_1933.jpg
IMG_0863.jpg
IMG_2028.jpg

Welcome and nice rig!

Are you in the military? If so, thanks for your service and get home safe.

Badass truck!

A couple more pictures I have.
Since buying it I've had my gf install new speakers an alarm and a new battery. The rest will have to wait for me to get home.
IMG_1938.jpg
IMG_0862.jpg
IMG_1964.jpg

here's the latest picture of my two favorite things, my dog Diesel and my truck Big Red. Since the last post I've only really added rock sliders. I'm still overseas but I bought all the parts needed for a 4bt/nv400 conversion. Hope to start it soon.
IMG_3484.jpg
IMG_3485.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great. How much lift does it have other than the SOA swap? It sits almost exactly how I've pictured my 60. What size tires?

Motor swap

Interested in your complete motor and trans when you do your motor swap. I am local.:cheers:

Interested in your complete motor and trans when you do your motor swap. I am local.:cheers:

That may be sooner than you know. I'm having the local Land Cruiser mechanic start on it soon. Should be another week or two.

Looks like crossover steering might be in order.

step 2.. remove stickers. ;)

What would be the benefit of crossover steering over the current set up? And yes those stickers need to be removed.

(I could be wrong but I'm assuming since you put the sliders on you have been home to drive big red) and my truck is set up pretty close to yours (not nearly as clean though). I'm planning on regearing to 4:11's with 36's because I got a good deal, but I'm a bit worried I should go lower. How do you like how your truck handles the 37's with your gearing?

Great looking 62 though!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom