Big Bend or PINS Trip In September or October (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In June, I went camping at PINS Just happened to be the same weekend a tropical storm hit Louisiana. There was no beach. I was 30 miles in. We passed several abandoned and washed out campsites.

we put our tent on top of the dunes and avoided the rude awakening of water in our tent. Did have to fetch our cooler at 6am as it tried to float away

9676F005-E2B8-4D01-91B1-322BD2122643.jpeg
2AD50926-4A68-4378-8D81-CCF16943F74E.jpeg
E4D9E2B8-E4DB-4B6A-89EA-8F43D22042D1.jpeg

5 years ago: I'm going come hell or high water.

Today: How strong is the breeze gonna be?

Last edited:
In June, I went camping at PINS Just happened to be the same weekend a tropical storm hit Louisiana. There was no beach. I was 30 miles in. We passed several abandoned and washed out campsites.

Wow, looks like the hurricane will hit around NOLA so it might be the same scenario as yours

we put our tent on top of the dunes and avoided the rude awakening of water in our tent. Did have to fetch our cooler at 6am as it tried to float away

Saved the beer!!

You guys have lifts and dorkels. You'll be OK. :)

I have a lift but no “dorkel”

Does anyone know how many swimming noodles a 100 series needs to float?

A.J

Mike has some Overland Certified noodles on his crossbars. He might know.

Mike has some Overland Certified noodles on his crossbars. He might know.
Don't knock my noodles. They are a cheap fix for an expensive problem :flipoff2: .

A work buddy is in Port A right now said vehicle traffic is closed where he is..

Last edited:
If the group decides to push this trip to the end of next week i'd like to join up, 10/15 - 10/18 ????

If the group decides to push this trip to the end of next week i'd like to join up, 10/15 - 10/18 ????

I am not too sure that I can make it next week. I'll check and update

Here is where Delta will be around noon on Saturday. I say it's just a matter if the beaches are open, and I'm not sure why they wouldn't be.

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 10.26.13 PM.png

Here is where Delta will be around noon on Saturday. I say it's just a matter if the beaches are open, and I'm not sure why they wouldn't be.

View attachment 2460110

@92RedToy and I are considering leaving Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning... warnings seem to expire tomorrow, circled NWS screenshot in yellow

Inkedimage4_LI.jpg

Just called PINS, guy I talked to says that they are waiting for the National Weather Service to announce that there will be coastal flooding, then they will close the park, This typically happens once the storm/hurricane enters the gulf. He said from his experience, this weekend will likely be a washout. They will update their website & Facebook account as soon as they know.
any word from PINS guy on the beach status? Storm seems to have passed away from PINS and it looks to be sunny.

any word from PINS guy on the beach status? Storm seems to have passed away from PINS and it looks to be sunny.

I’ve been calling Malequite center and get no answer, just voicemail. We are heading tomorrow and hopefully get to go in. I will keep trying to make contact with folks at Malequite/PINS.

Just spoke with my buddy who's in Port Arthur right now. Says the storm surge is high and he's watching a truck get towed back out of the sand. The trick made it shut 40 yards before getting stuck Normally, I'd be all about going regardless of weather, but my rig is still down for now. Next time, hopefully.

Well the nice thing about tide, it goes back pretty quickly through the porous sand.

Let's do it. Are there two convoys or just one?

Well the nice thing about tide, it goes back pretty quickly through the porous sand.

Let's do it. Are there two convoys or just one?
Don't forget to wash it well when you get back. Rust is no joke. Have a good time.

Meeting with AJ tomorrow morning at Sams gas station in SouthPark Meadows

Just got done packing...still deciding whether to put the roof top tent on my new 80/20 cross bars on the Gamiviti brackets. bars look strong but was disappointed on the slit allowing 1/4" bolts and smaller.. had to go to American Bolt to find some10.9 grade bolts.

Still 9 a.m. ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom