BG fuel treatment products (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Those with higher mileage (150K+), I'm wondering if anyone had experience with using BG line of fuel treatment products? Never tried it, I occasionally use Chevron Techron.

The 44K is good stuff. I typically dump a can in once every other oil change cycle (i.e., about once every 10k miles). I know that @2001LC is a fan of the 44K, too.

But the biggest improvements for me came from overhauling the fuel system; for example at ~200k miles I: 1) removed the injectors and had them professionally cleaned and serviced; 2) replaced the fuel damper, fuel filter, fuel pump, and fuel cap with new OEM units; 3) replaced all "soft" fuel system lines; and 4) replaced all evap system hoses and a couple of VSVs.

While I've only had my 368k mile 100 for the last 130k miles, I've never dumped any magic potion in the fuel tank... and it still runs great! With the number of additives and cleaners in fuel today, I have a hard time imagining any of the magic potions will achieve anything than an "Italian Tune-up" wouldn't accomplish.

But the biggest improvements for me came from overhauling the fuel system; for example at ~200k miles I: 1) removed the injectors and had them professionally cleaned and serviced; 2) replaced the fuel damper, fuel filter, fuel pump, and fuel cap with new OEM units; 3) replaced all "soft" fuel system lines; and 4) replaced all evap system hoses and a couple of VSVs.
I do believe this is the best way to refresh the fueling system and over the years I have done all of this to my high mileage rig except the injector cleaning.

my only experience is with the fuel additive. my gauge started acting wonky since using it. Coincidence? maybe. no issues running it in my Ls430

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom