Best way to remove car dealer's plastic badge emblem? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The original car dealer glued his badge emblem onto the back door. See photo below. I have the prying tools but looking for guidance on how to remove the emblem without causing paint damage. Any guidance appreciated. Thank you.

walker.jpg

Gently heat with hair dryer or heat gun. Remove. Clean with 3m adhesive remover if needed.

I had trouble getting fishing line to hold up, so invested in an "emblem removal tool" from amazon with the kevlar string.. works really well, and not too expensive.

Also yes to 3M adhesive remover.. the stuff is amazing.

Gently heat with hair dryer or heat gun. Remove with fishing line. Clean with 3m adhesive remover if needed.

You will be amazed at how well this works.
I've heard this is the way, but if you can't get it like @bloc go with his kevlar string tool on amazon.

Regardless of what you do, take your time and be deliberate. If it was me, I'd go slow with the heat and the string. You'll get it eventually.

Solid advice above.

One of my hard and fast rules is that any time I buy a vehicle from a dealership, a condition of the sale is that the dealer's detailers remove all dealer-applied garbage before I sign on the dotted line. I'm buying a vehicle, not a billboard.

Solid advice above.

One of my hard and fast rules is that any time I buy a vehicle from a dealership, a condition of the sale is that the dealer's detailers remove all dealer-applied garbage before I sign on the dotted line. I'm buying a vehicle, not a billboard.
Agreed 100%. I make this one of the last things I mention before signing too. Lessens the liklihood of any b.s.

Though TBF, I did say that the guy could put another one on if he met my one low ball offer years ago. I would gladly have rolled around with a couple small stickers for saving another few grand. I laughed at this one at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom