windshield cowl removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Drivers nozzle dribbling out, can't seem to get it unclogged. Looks like I need to remove the cowl. Do I just pull the wipers and weather stripping? I don't really see a seam behind the weather strip. I haven't tore into it yet, since I don't have the new nozzle.

Thanks in advance
Tom

You will need to remove the trim pieces on each side of the engine bay, then you can remove the cowling:
tempImagegahj5g.jpg
tempImageqfkhX3.jpg
tempImageBmaP5Q.jpg

There are also a series of small black tabs that protrude through the firewall that if you release correctly will hold the cowl in place better once it’s back together. Lots of people break these during removal.

There are also a series of small black tabs that protrude through the firewall that if you release correctly will hold the cowl in place better once it’s back together. Lots of people break these during removal.
Thanks again, I kind of wish they just popped out from the top of the cowl; but where would the fun be in that?

So, I tried to pull the nozzle up through the cowl; bad idea for 2 reasons. 1), it would never fit and 2) the hose is so short there is no way you could put it back together. Anyway I took it apart today . Slid the side pieces of trim off the plastic studs fairly easily, unhooked the washer hose on the drivers side of the cowl, removed wiper arms, couldn't fully remove cowl . I tilted it back towards the windshield enough to pull the nozzle, cleaned nozzle with clr and sprayed warm water with a 60cc syringe and some windshield washer tubing until it was spraying a nice fan. When I went to hook it back up the cowl lifted all the way off. I noticed one of the small tabs was broken/missing from the passenger side of the cowl. I don't know if I did it or not, I know the windshield has been replaced at least once. Went back together fine, broke one white plastic trim stud trying to slide side piece on. Drivers side nozzle is exactly like it was before I started, lol. Long way to ask, but how do you release the trim tabs that protrude through the firewall?

Last edited:
Long way to ask, but howdo release the trim tabs that protrude through the firewall?

I haven't had mine off yet, just seen the tabs and people write about it. But going out and looking at my tabs, it seems you just push rearward with a flat-blade screwdriver and lift the cowl upward.

Mine are a little marked up because this rig has had two windshield replacements.. fortunately none are broken yet.

IMG_2299.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom