Best Upgrades for Under $100 (200-Series) (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't know for sure but I don't think it will work. It really has to be exactly the same the way they make these covers and I think there are small differences between the LX wheel and the LC wheel. Nobody in the amazon reviews put one on at LX570. The steering wheels are close though - so it may work with some skill.

Does anyone know if the loncky steering wheel cover for the LC will fit an 11 LX? Can’t find an answer on their site and my wood is starting to get bad

As far as the receiver hitch recover links go, is there a special hitch pin we should use? Or can a standard hitch pin withstand this type of use?

Does anyone know if the loncky steering wheel cover for the LC will fit an 11 LX? Can’t find an answer on their site and my wood is starting to get bad
It should but not sure if they have more than one model listed for LC 200.

I got it for my 2008 and, despite the time it took to put on, it is one of my favorite mods. Very well made and very nice feel in my hands. Looks completely factory.

I ordered it, we’ll see
I received it, in just 5 days all the way from Australia. Unfortunately the instructions are so bad I have no clue how to install. I wrote to them but haven’t heard back yet, might have to take it to my AV guys...

It should but not sure if they have more than one model listed for LC 200.

I got it for my 2008 and, despite the time it took to put on, it is one of my favorite mods. Very well made and very nice feel in my hands. Looks completely factory.

Anyone tried any of the custom designs or colors they (Loncky) offer?

I received it, in just 5 days all the way from Australia. Unfortunately the instructions are so bad I have no clue how to install. I wrote to them but haven’t heard back yet, might have to take it to my AV guys...

If you google this "youtube loncky steering wheel cover" you'll find a 6:55 min video on install. I watched this a few times and thought it helped me.

If you google this "youtube loncky steering wheel cover" you'll find a 6:55 min video on install. I watched this a few times and thought it helped me.
Hmm I looked at it and it was leather wrapping of a steering wheel...

As far as the receiver hitch recover links go, is there a special hitch pin we should use? Or can a standard hitch pin withstand this type of use?
I may not understand the question but I like to use a barrel head hitch pin. They remove the need for a cotter pin, which can be a bit tight in the 200 receiver's space. There is no way to lock them so that is a down side... but for ease of use, you can't beat them.

Here is one made by master lock

Amazon product ASIN B000COX0MY

I may not understand the question but I like to use a barrel head hitch pin. They remove the need for a cotter pin, which can be a bit tight in the 200 receiver's space. There is no way to lock them so that is a down side... but for ease of use, you can't beat them.

Here is one made by master lock

Amazon product ASIN B000COX0MY

I think @reddog90 was asking about quality/strength standards.

I was curious about this, as well as whether different materials offered any advantage. Looks like most common forms of steel, including stainless, have pretty similar Shear Modulus, which is the important factor in this application. So really any decent quality hitch pin should get the job done, at least to the point that toyota designed the receiver to handle.

Personally I like to have two, since these are cheap, compact, and not too difficult to lose in a mud hole or similar. My primary is the one @wiseinvestor linked. It is super convenient. The backup is just a standard bent pin that came with one of the half dozen ball mounts I've bought over the years.

I also like to paint my regular black D-shackles bright colors so they are more visible in the dark or in stuff like tall grass.

You could try some of the eBay listings for it or wait patiently until amazon restocks I guess? No idea on these eBay sellers, but here are a few:

Has anyone purchased the center console tray lately? The link to Amazon from the OP says that the item is no longer available. Has anyone sourced this elsewhere? Thanks!
Original link: Amazon product ASIN B01KCP5VK6

I ordered it late July. Amazon stocking during covid has been weird. I have ordered things that show "Currently Unavailable" and "We don't know if or when this item will be back in stock" and they're magically back in stock the next day.

Has anyone purchased the center console tray lately? The link to Amazon from the OP says that the item is no longer available. Has anyone sourced this elsewhere? Thanks!
Original link: Amazon product ASIN B01KCP5VK6

Interesting that the logo is gone now. I wonder if Toyota Legal caught up to them?

Interesting that the logo is gone now. I wonder if Toyota Legal caught up to them?

It's likely just photoshopped out of the product image, but will still arrive with a logo. I doubt they'd go through the trouble of retooling the molds over something as minor as copyright infringement. :rofl:

This thread is awesome!

Had no clue seat gap pockets were a thing. Ordered!
My wife was at a stoplight in our 200 when she was rear ended by a girl that was texting. Speed limit was 35 mph, so safe to conservatively estimate that she was traveling between 30 and 40 mph. My wife heard no braking and there was no visual evidence to that end either. Ended up having to replace the rear bumper cover and the lower tailgate skin and assorted bits. I always knew these trucks as robust, but I was pleasantly surprised. The X3 the other girl was driving was totaled. I’ll try to post picks.

As an aside, please remove your hitch from the receiver if you are not using it. It’s pointless to have it there.
i had a much less massive rear impact where a touring sized Harley struck us stopped. I am guessing the Harley was ~20mph and hit drivers rear corner... I thought the kids dropped something. The only reason I recognized the bike was a quick glance in the side view and saw the guy laying on the ground. He was fine, mostly roadrash. Bike not so much.

Well, if we're gonna post stickers, I saw these in another thread, so I ordered a pair, one for each side.

PXL_20201025_155008792.jpg

Guy is super nice, he's custom making me a smaller set for the Miata.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom