Best Upgrades for Under $100 (200-Series) (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tiny usb drive for the factory USB port. Hardly noticeable and stores tons of music. Here’s an example:

Amazon product ASIN B077VYCV37
Size/brand/vendor options are endless.
I purchased one of those and it worked fine with a small selection of music (a couple of artists), but once I loaded my entire collection onto it (a little over 9000 tracks and something like 1500 folders, both were within the limits documented in the owner's manual), it has never enabled the Browse button since, so I have no way to reliably navigate through my collection. The next/previous folder buttons seem to jump to random folders.

I could mold you one if you want. It’s made out of aluminum and would be easy to do.

I appreciate the offer but wouldn't know what to do with the mold... Would some place cast it and then thread it for me?

Amazon product ASIN B07FR43T2G

I can't take credit for finding this one because it was on another thread here on ih8mud in the past few weeks.

If your luxury " Leather" owner's manual book got pinched somewhere before you got your Cruiser, here is your chance to make your manuals happy again.

No cows were injured in the manufacturing of these manuals.

Last edited:
Not sure I've seen it mentioned here... but a recovery hitch is handy especially if you haven't got proper recovery points. Usually around AU$30-40 and handy to just chuck in with your recovery gear.
1600738734243.png

Not sure I've seen it mentioned here... but a recovery hitch is handy especially if you haven't got proper recovery points. Usually around AU$30-40 and handy to just chuck in with your recovery gear.
View attachment 2442448
Agreed, and if possible try and find one with the pin hole drilled both horizontal and vertical. I’d like to find one configured like that in aluminum to save weight, but wasn’t able to find one reasonably priced the last time I looked.
Even if your bumper has recovery points this is often a better option, being centered and very very stout.

Ok, stupid question (...and yup, I know there's a SQOD thread). What recovery situation works better for vertical vs horizontal alignment of the shackle?
If for some reason you need to pull sideways the shackle is loaded in a way it was actually designed for if the recovery adapter can be turned on it’s side. Kinetic recovery or very high force is unlikely in this orientation but still, it is best not to side load the common shackle designs.

If for some reason you need to pull sideways the shackle is loaded in a way it was actually designed for if the recovery adapter can be turned on it’s side. Kinetic recovery or very high force is unlikely in this orientation but still, it is best not to side load the common shackle designs.
Got it...that makes sense. Thanks for 'splaining.

A stout soft shackle could be of help in this case.

A stout soft shackle could be of help in this case.
Those are options as well actually and may well be a better choice depending who you ask
1600743241939.png

These tend to escalate in $ value the above example comes in at AU$249. Mind you I haven't spent much time looking at them so probably a host of cheaper ones out there especially in USA where you guys tend to have a price advantage on most things.

Those are options as well actually and may well be a better choice depending who you ask
View attachment 2442528

These tend to escalate in $ value the above example comes in at AU$249. Mind you I haven't spent much time looking at them so probably a host of cheaper ones out there especially in USA where you guys tend to have a price advantage on most things.
That is really clever, and yeah should work great and solve the side loading issue. I do like having the option of a metal shackle though.. not to mention the cost. But if these get cheaper, I’ll be very interested.

Anybody have a source for Maxtrax soft shackles in the US?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom