Best Simple Modifications for 200 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Speaking of skid plates, Who knows where to get screws for the stock one?
The dealership. They are a couple $ each. I was missing several of each type from oil jockey angst.

Taller tires (33s)
Fluid baselining
Front and rear recovery points
Sliders
First aid kit
Recovery bag
Tool kit
And agree with compressor

Tint is complete, it was a great investment.

Center console organizer is a thing to look into though..

What do you have in your recovery bag?

I have a large blue ridge overland bag. A snatch trap or Bubba rope (I have a wheelers snatch strap), tree saver (can be used on multi points like wrapping around axle or connecting two shackle contact points to a single snatch strap), factor 55 hitch to shackle block, 2 steel arb shackles, 2 gator soft shackles, extra receiver pin, a pair of gloves.

I have all my tire stuff inside my viair 400p bag. If you do get a viair, I recommend upgrading the filler gauge whip section (the viair one is cheesy and not very accurate), I am using a arb filler whip.

The above is basic and does not take up much space (2 bags). I throw them in the truck when I hit the trail.

Forgot to add, get the trail tailor front recovery point if you want proper recovery point. For the rear factor 55 2” tow hitch to shackle.

It’s the arb605 tire inflator. I compared it my long acre tire gauge and it was very close to it in accuracy. The tpms sensor on my 17 is about 1 psi off from my tire gauge. The clip on valve piece works pretty well. I use it air up and down (start with a pebble I pick up from the ground then tune the pressure with the whip).

Last edited:
Upgrade all the interior bulbs to LEDs.

Headlight bulb upgrade.

SmartTap flasher (I friggin' LOVE mine, and miss it when I have to drive other vehicles that don't have it)

Floor liners.

ARB drawers, not a cheap mod, but they can easily be removed and put the truck back to stock.
Great info here. I've got a question for you:

I tow my 16" Airstream with my '13 LC...

Any idea whether the SmartTap flasher also works for the trailer turn signals while towing?

Thanks

Front and rear recovery points
Good Recovery gear
Some sort of storage option for the gear so if you wreck you’re not brained by the recovery gear and tools
Basic tools and a jump starter
Advanced obd2 code reader
Led low beams and fogs
Sun visor storage
Seat/center console crack storage
Behind seat storage
Headrest storage
Attic
Radiator patch where your radiator will blow
Extra radiator patch in case it blows some place else
Used spare starter, alternator, and cv
Ditch lights
32-33” all terrain tires
iPad with Gaia
Small Wavian gas can
Rotopax water can (distilled water for drinking or coolant in a pinch)
Portable toilet
Big hitch basket
Two of these hitch pins (one is a spare)
Master Lock Hitch Pin, Stainless Steel Barrel Head Hitch Pin, Fits 5/8 in. Receivers, 1465DAT Amazon product ASIN B000COX0MY

Last edited:
Great info here. I've got a question for you:

I tow my 16" Airstream with my '13 LC...

Any idea whether the SmartTap flasher also works for the trailer turn signals while towing?

Thanks

I can't speak for your Airstream, but there's no difference in flash rate or behavior when I'm towing my small utility trailer.

There is an EZ oil drain available from amazon or dorman. So 2 places for the2 ez valves, one on the main oil plug and the other on the jowett performance billet oil cap.

There is also a oil filter cap

FYI I am withdrawing my recommendation for Superbriteleds.com. All of my bulbs worked fine, but like others here that ordered recently, my brother ordered bulbs from them a couple months ago for his Highlander and his Miata, and it really messed up his keyless entry on both cars. Weird stuff was happening, and all the issues went away when he swapped back to the original bulbs.

FYI I am withdrawing my recommendation for Superbriteleds.com. All of my bulbs worked fine, but like others here that ordered recently, my brother ordered bulbs from them a couple months ago for his Highlander and his Miata, and it really messed up his keyless entry on both cars. Weird stuff was happening, and all the issues went away when he swapped back to the original bulbs.
This!! I have the same issue. I have a thread on it. very disappointed in SBL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom