Best Simple Modifications for 200 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking to make my Cruiser better but stay relatively close to stock. What are some simple modifications or hacks y'all have installed or done to the inside or outside of your LC/LX

Think of things any beginner wrench turner could do, and let's hear them

Tint, Floor/ cargo mat, visor organizer (I have a blue ridge overland one), tv delete (depend on model year), center console organizer tray from amazon, pro clip cell phone mount with ram seat wedge holder, recovery bag with basic gear, portable compressor.

Exterior for me was a flat style roofrack, tires. I do have a lift but only did a lift because I need a firmer spring. The rear for towing my trailer.

Running board delete - easy peasy. Takes 20 minutes tops, costs nothing.

HTH

Tint, Floor/ cargo mat, visor organizer (I have a blue ridge overland one), tv delete (depend on model year), center console organizer tray from amazon, pro clip cell phone mount with ram seat wedge holder, recovery bag with basic gear, portable compressor.

Exterior for me was a flat style roofrack, tires. I do have a lift but only did a lift because I need a firmer spring. The rear for towing my trailer.
Tint is complete, it was a great investment.

Center console organizer is a thing to look into though..

What do you have in your recovery bag?

Here's something that tends to be overlooked in the recovery department -- a good rear recovery point.

Here's something that tends to be overlooked in the recovery department -- a good rear recovery point.

I'm guessing the rear tow hook is not a good one?

I think the best way to improve capability is airing down.

Thus, it’s important to make this easy. I recommend an onboard compressor, with gauge and deflator.

Then, garmin inreach and an iPad with Gaia.

Upgrade all the interior bulbs to LEDs.

Headlight bulb upgrade.

SmartTap flasher (I friggin' LOVE mine, and miss it when I have to drive other vehicles that don't have it)

Floor liners.

ARB drawers, not a cheap mod, but they can easily be removed and put the truck back to stock.

I think the best way to improve capability is airing down.

Thus, it’s important to make this easy. I recommend an onboard compressor, with gauge and deflator.

Then, garmin inreach and an iPad with Gaia.
Well that would be a great use for the old iPad currently used as a paperweight

Upgrade all the interior bulbs to LEDs.

Headlight bulb upgrade.

SmartTap flasher (I friggin' LOVE mine, and miss it when I have to drive other vehicles that don't have it)

Floor liners.

ARB drawers, not a cheap mod, but they can easily be removed and put the truck back to stock.
Which bulbs did you use, I'm looking into it.

And did you do the fogs as well?

Which bulbs did you use, I'm looking into it.

And did you do the fogs as well?

I just went to superbrightleds.com, let the app tool they have tell me what I need. There's several threads on here on how people have done it. It's a lot of bulbs if you do them all, like 21 total. I have them all tallied in a spreadsheet if you want it.

I haven't done the fogs yet.

37s are the best bang for the buck. Really transforms a truck.

Now people are just messin' with ya. That's a slope you don't want to start down!

The numbers for each light I have, but which brand has been the best was what I was really wondering.

And I would love to put 37's and go head over heels down that slope, but a certain woman we won't name wouldn't approve:cautious:
I just went to superbrightleds.com, let the app tool they have tell me what I need. There's several threads on here on how people have done it. It's a lot of bulbs if you do them all, like 21 total. I have them all tallied in a spreadsheet if you want it.

I haven't done the fogs yet.

Now people are just messin' with ya. That's a slope you don't want to start down!

If you are going to change your own oil ... the special filter cap and dorman drain mod.
Alarm .. or remote start.
Dual battery and ARB fridge.
Skid plate.

I love my Blue Ridge Overland Gear attic. Keeps a bunch of soft stuff both out of the way and handy at the same time. That and my BROG map bag next to the console helps corral the usual mess in the front and goes a long way to making the truck liveable.

If you are going to change your own oil ... the special filter cap and dorman drain mod.
Alarm .. or remote start.
Dual battery and ARB fridge.
Skid plate.
Speaking of skid plates, Who knows where to get screws for the stock one?

What do you have in your recovery bag?
Here is a long thread with way too many good ideas!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom