Best/Recommended Tire Shop in the Valley (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Grimmjow

YūGEN
Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Outside of Discount/Costco, any other recommended tire shops in the area? It's time for a new set and I'm hoping to find a deal that keeps it under a grand.

the convenience of discount, is well, large, state to state even.....what size?

my preference for our trucks in AZ has always been 4Wheel Parts, for their superior warranty on tires that are actually used off-road and on wheeling trails

for street vehicles, I have been partial to Discount, for the nationwide warranty and because they are close - in distant years long past, Sears was a go-to for their great prices, but alas, they are folded under now :meh:

I have also bought tires for our AZ GX from Lexus, and on a better deal than Discount, no less :D; a couple of years ago

the convenience of discount, is well, large, state to state even.....what size?
Until I get a lift on it prob sticking with 33's

Until I get a lift on it prob sticking with 33's
I was running 315/75-16 prior to my lift. Yes there was a little rubbing but overall it was not bad

stock height 3157516.jpg

Last edited:
I ran both 33x12.5 and 33x10.5 on the stock wheels of my 91 for several years. I preferred the 10.5s.

I have had exceptional service with the Discount Tire on Camelback near The Parlor, Ryan is a fantastic manager👍

Discount seems to be the unanimous winner by far. I just dropped my OG set of rims with them today to be dismounted. Going to re-finish them before getting a new set. Leaning heavy towards a bronze color like this:

g.jpg
j.jpg

h.jpg

Discount seems to be the unanimous winner by far. I just dropped my OG set of rims with them today to be dismounted. Going to re-finish them before getting a new set. Leaning heavy towards a bronze color like this:

View attachment 3296127View attachment 3296128
View attachment 3296129

I really want to hate this but I'm kind of into it.

Not fan of that color either. Our charcoal gray 5th gen 4Runner has black TRD rims. I see those rims come in multiple colors including bronze. Only see that on a blue or red 4Runner. Now bronze on my FJ62 in one of these rims could work.
IMG_20201021_131831390.jpg
IMG_20210416_154717386_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200920_144457794.jpg

View attachment 3296127
I've never really been a fan of that style rim (2nd Gen 4r, correct?) but I gotta say it looks great in that color.

BTW I just got 4 BFG AT's 235/85/16 for $964 at Costco. Diameter is about 32" and change. I love that tire/size.

Perhaps somewhat relevant to the thread.... So I've had 2 recent experiences with Antillon Tires - https://www.antillontires.com in N. Phoenix at 32nd st & Greenway. Both were great - I had already purchased tires at Costco but needed some spare work done as well as a replacement tire. Both times, without an appointment, I pulled up, a guy was at the tailgate of the truck before I was, helped me unload and took care of my job so I was on my way again in under ten minutes. Made me wonder why I ever stand in line at Costco or Discount. A tire replacement - remove, mount & balance including the valve stem was $20, and I needed an old tire off of a rim -they charged $7 for the dismount.

As those with older narrow rims have found (or eventually will), the big box places are super picky about what rims they mount on, and won't mount a tire if the rim isn't spec'd by the tire manufacturer. This past month, Costco would not mount a 31x10.50x15 on my 15x5.5 rim, even though they've mounted 4 of them on those rims for me in the past. Antillon didn't hesitate a bit.

I wouldn't hesitate at all to call them for a new tire price quote, and I definitely recommend them for any tire mount / dismount / balance work you might need done.

Shane was the guy I dealt with the first time, the second time was a different guy... but also wearing a "Shane" shirt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom