Best LX 470 build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can someone direct me to the most extreme and beautiful LX470 build. I just bought a 38,000 mile LX470 and I want to build it out with the best of everything. When I built my 80, I spent hours researching. I am hoping this time someone has already done it and I can get an idea for everything I need quickly. Thank you.

If you want to build up great rig with no expense spared, have it professionally done! That way you won't be guessing about the quality of components and workmanship.
Find a good quality Land Cruiser shop near you (I can't tell where you are!).
A few good places I can think of:
  • @sleeoffroad - they design and build a lot of in house products, have a ton of experience in building out some rather special Land Cruisers!
  • Jason @TRAIL TAILOR - he can even convert your LX to a solid axle monster - likes of which are very rare in US!
  • @OGBeno has a shop in AZ - he is one of the greats when it comes to any Land Cruiser and definitely does amazing work - although I am not sure how much overland type
I am sure there are a ton of other great shops as well.

Don't forget @ACC Toyota! I heard a rumor they tinker with Cruisers as well. But might want to check with them about the aforementioned tinkering.

I think most expensive is a good place to start
=] what an absurd concept. Are you trying to off road? Camp out for a few weeks ? Rock crawl? Or just put all the stuff on your truck and drive around town?

Best LX470 build is one that is mechanically maintained and not built up to be a pretend rock crawler.

=] what an absurd concept. Are you trying to off road? Camp out for a few weeks ? Rock crawl? Or just put all the stuff on your truck and drive around town?

Best LX470 build is one that is mechanically maintained and not built up to be a pretend rock crawler.

Smells an awful lot like an overland "build" and flip.

I think most expensive is a good place to start
I have some nice timberland in Alabama I’ll sell you. And superb for overlanding.

Here’s mine. Just got the rear bumper installed and finished the 6.4L Ford Diesel swap. Figuring out the transmission swap was the hard part. And some trimming in the engine compartment. It’s deleted, ARP studs, whole 9 yards. Way too much power! Next week will be the solid front axle swap!

F4F85A66-B031-4D26-A91D-B4EC9F2E943C.jpeg

I kidding about the 6.4L and axle swap! I wish though!

Wasn’t the 6.4L a problematic power stroke engine? My buddy’s wife has a white 2009 King Ranch rotting in a field on her horse farm outside of Atlanta. Pretty sure it hasn’t moved since last year. They did a nice job cutting grass around it though. Kinda of jelly of that zero turn sweetness.

There is no “Best of Everything” but there is “Purpose Built” and purpose built doesn’t usually go out of style… unless the purpose is to get the most Instagram hits. 😉

Wasn’t the 6.4L a problematic power stroke engine? My buddy’s wife has a white 2009 King Ranch rotting in a field on her horse farm outside of Atlanta. Pretty sure it hasn’t moved since last year. They did a nice job cutting grass around it though. Kinda of jelly of that zero turn sweetness.
I saw he was just kidding but I know some people do it and yes that motor is on or Ford worst engines.

Taking out a Toyota engine and dropping in a Ford . Doesn't that like defeat the concept of buying a land cruiser.

The 100 isn't meant to burn rubber and rock crawl people , stop pretending , just enjoy the ride.

I saw he was just kidding but I know some people do it and yes that motor is on or Ford worst engines.

Taking out a Toyota engine and dropping in a Ford . Doesn't that like defeat the concept of buying a land cruiser.

The 100 isn't meant to burn rubber and rock crawl people , stop pretending , just enjoy the ride.
I was just trying to add a little humor! I wouldn’t drop a Ford engine in a Toyota! I completely agree with your assessment.

I was just trying to add a little humor! I wouldn’t drop a Ford engine in a Toyota! I completely agree with your assessment.
Humor is what everyone needs. If you're not sure then you need some.

I don’t know about “best”, but maybe the most extreme…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom