Best looking 80 series fender flares (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Were all OEM fender flares on 80 series cruisers the same width? It might be my imagination, but it seems like some models (like HDJ80s) had flares that weren’t quite as wide as those on FZJ80s in the states.
I think Mark Whatley explained the differences already. But one other thing I'll add is that outside the US it seems that the "Sahara" model 80s after 1993 were the only ones to get the slightly wider flare. Non-Sahara (top trim level) get the slimmer earlier flares. At least from the info I've been able to gather that seems to be the case.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :flipoff2:

1620568216714.png

I wanted something different than OEM. These are the Chinese flares from Ebay.
They are made out of the same material as Kutsnake but they are hard to fit though. Same way with Kutsnake. I Rinolined them and I am happy with the outcome. If I wanted OEM flares, I would have left the originals on the truck. (This is an LX an I wanted to get ride of the plastic body cladding and the flares were part cladding)

View attachment 2663154
How did you get spare tire there with the trail gear bumper?

With the demand for a factory replacement flare, it seems insane no one’s developed an ABS “factory” replacement. I put on 37’s and instantly f&$led my fiberglass flares on trail.

I’d love to see an ABS flare with a little flex.

I believe they screw directly into sheet metal like a kutsnake, but hidden under flare shell. Could do nutserts/machine screws for extra points!

Has anyone done tubular flares like a lot of Wranglers have? Probably gonna custom fab my own set at some point
1701114292219.png

Has anyone done tubular flares like a lot of Wranglers have? Probably gonna custom fab my own set at some point
View attachment 3492814
I don’t think I’ve seen any tubular flares on an 80 before. Not sure how they’d look on an 80? Be sure to post pictures when you build some.

View attachment 3492814
If you can get the shape right, I reckon it could look really cool.
Back door opening could make it a challenge

Done right, it could add a bit of trail armour instead of being a consumable cosmetic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom