Best in dash radio upgrade for FJ40? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Crush 4

SILVER Star
Threads
Did the search thing....must be doing something wrong but didn't find much for an aftermarket sound system. Open to suggestions on in dash factory systems and best mounting spots, ideas for speakers.
Thanks!

I bought a cheap bluetooth radio. I have some old large speakers on the floor in the back. All works well but you still can't hear much over the wind noise and drivetrain noise. It is a bit better with the soft top on versus the bikini top.

Radio is mounted in the center of the dash.

If you are looking for quality sound, it may be wasted in a 40 series.

Retrosound has got to be the best option. Very high quality with very function imaginable and it looks like a stock OEM radio to the untrained eye.
Love mine

Just installed a retro radio. Love it.

BD3E3B8B-79E8-468F-AFA5-6F01C9A23C8C.jpeg

I installed a Kenwood Bluetooth amp with remote (1824bt). Fits behind my radio delete plate. No cutting and sounds great.

g113M1824BT-F (1).jpg

pictures installed?? I'm intrigued.

Not the best pics, but you can see the amp in the dash. It is pretty small. I bought a air vent magnet mount for the remote. It can hide under the dash when I park so potential thieves can't see anything other than the speakers. Only two wake tower speakers hooked up now, but it supports four.

No radio, but I don't listen to ota radio anyway.

20190628_214603.jpg

20190628_214558.jpg

20190628_214613.jpg

20190628_214508.jpg

Last edited:
So its just a BT from your phone?

It also has a USB and RCA inputs, but yes, I only use it with my phone. Most Samsung phones have an FM tuner built in as well, but I rarely use the feature through Next Radio. The thing I like is it is actually a pretty powerful amp. Can push loud speakers compared to a normal in dash stereo...

If you install Next Radio it will tell you if your phone is FM capable
Screenshot_20190629-064545_NextRadio.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom