Best carpet kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a carpet kit for my 60 series. have heard some horror stories about fitment with these kits you can buy online, have also heard going to a custom upholstery shop and having them work something up from scratch is the way to go. Would love to stay stock if I can but also want a comfortable functional carpet.
Any suggestions or pics from someone who's done this before.

I used the set/kit? from OC auto carpets...just the standard nylon. Looks good and fitment seemed right on. It's been a a little over a year and it's holding up fine even with kids and dogs and the messes they bring.

59079022565__AEDDAB5F-D786-4EF4-8E2B-F893CB97340F.jpeg

IMG_0175.jpeg

I used the set/kit? from OC auto carpets...just the standard nylon. Looks good and fitment seemed right on. It's been a a little over a year and it's holding up fine even with kids and dogs and the messes they bring.

View attachment 2512820
View attachment 2512827
wow looks like exactly what I'm looking for. Did you have any trouble installing yourself or did you take it to an upholstery shop. Also in the last pic, are you missing your center console or is there a gap in the carpet spacing?

@dnp will hook u up with some carpet.

@BillyBlackburn I installed it myself. Not too bad of a job....definitely not worth taking to an upholstery shop. There are no holes cut for the shifters, rear heater, center console, or seat mounting bolts. You just have to double and triple check before cutting. You can use the old carpet as a template, but it's best to cut the new holes undersized for the initial fit and then trim up as you go.

I put mine in after doing some other work; installing sound deadener and wiring in some USB ports. That's why my console was out. There are more detailed descriptions/pics in the "Chloe" thread link in my signature block.

Has anyone ever seen a plastic floor? Something that’s really easy to vacuum out, I get in and out with dirty boots and have yellow dog that’s usually covered in sand.

Has anyone ever seen a plastic floor? Something that’s really easy to vacuum out, I get in and out with dirty boots and have yellow dog that’s usually covered in sand.
We tried to make a vinyl floor, but something about both floor designs for the 60/62 wouldn’t allow it to mold right. I’m not sure what it was, but only carpet would work.

@BigBenFJ I've seen guys just install heavy mass-loaded vinyl and leave the carpet off. I don't think it looks great, but it's functional. I guess it depends on your intended end state.

Last edited:
I have a brand new unopened one. I will have to dig out the box and post pics for you. I am in Los Angeles
Shot you a PM.

I have the full genuine Toyota vinyl floor in my HJ61. I got it from a wreckers for $20. Unfortunately my car is grey and the vinyl is brown, but it is easy to clean so suits me.
I can’t have carpet as the car leaks from somewhere that I can’t find....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom