Beginner off road in WA? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Decided it's time to take my 100 to it's natural habitat and try some offroad. Since I've never done this before and my vehicle is stock, I'm looking for something pretty easy and can take my nephew with me. Anyone know of any tours in WA state I should check out? Thanks!

Fortune creek trail is a nice easy trail. It's near Roslyn/Cle Elum area. Great views and you can stop for lunch at Lake Gallaher.

Cheers,
Salue

I live in Sammamish, which is close to I-90 so going to Eastern WA is not a problem. I'll look up Fortune creek, thanks for the tip.

Elbe ORV park by Rainer has a few trails I hit with my stock T100 when I lived out there.

Thanks for the tip!

We have a small group of us going October 10th to Manastash, just a day trip with some basic stock rigs and a couple novices. If you wanted to join up we are a pretty tame group and would welcome the company.

I'm interested, just need to make sure I don't have other family plans. Thanks for the offer!

Hey, did you end up hitting any trails yet? how was your experience ?

I have a stock 4wd sequoia and want to test its capabilities.

Unfortunately wasn't able to go with Toyoda761 as the date got changed and I had something already planned. Still looking to try offroading, but probably not til next Spring or Summer. Hoping to hook up with some experienced folks.

ok
Unfortunately wasn't able to go with Toyoda761 as the date got changed and I had something already planned. Still looking to try offroading, but probably not til next Spring or Summer. Hoping to hook up with some experienced folks.

ah ok. i am planning to do the stampdee pass run in next couple of weeks. as far i read about it, looks any 4x4 can make thru it. last month i drove upto twin lakes mt baker and it was't that difficult. offcourse all these are not technical 4x4 trails as such but i guess good place to get started of the pavement.

btw, i am in sammamish too. may be we can catch up.

We have a small group of us going October 10th to Manastash, just a day trip with some basic stock rigs and a couple novices. If you wanted to join up we are a pretty tame group and would welcome the company.

Hey Toyoda761, do you mind sharing the trail information in Manastash where the stock rigs can make thru. i would like to attempt it.

Also, do you post up events some place where we could look up and rsvp for it ?

thanks.

Another good trail option is the Washington back country discovery route. Essentially it is a gravel road but neat scenery.

Washington Backcountry Discovery Route (WABDR)

Yes. Thanks. to start with instead of doing the full stretch, thinking i will do Ellensburg to Cashmere and end return back via Levenworth to enjoy some oktoberfest happenings in Levenworth.

I hope this route will be easy enough. I am just worried going alone ( off course with wife and kid) just no other vehicle accompanying.

We were going to do that as a shop run but with the old fire washouts and road closures there are a lot of detours and you actually end up going into Wenatchee then heading back out. We ended up doing the cashmere to chelan run which was fun.

Make sure to have a good GPS system and download the route because you can easily get lost on those roads.

Trail conditions were great that weekend. We all have stock rigs for the most part, tires and sliders. As winter approaches the conditions do get tougher as the hills get wet, and trees start to get closer to the trails edge.
I ordered a trail map from the Cle Elum ranger station, $4! Just call them and they'll mail you one.
We came in off Hwy 410 at fs 70 went up to Kaner flats and took the 676 up to Lilly ponds then over to shoestring headed for the funny rocks. Came out barber springs road to Ellensburg.

I did not post any where else as very new to using forums.

We are thinking about going again mid November. If any one would like to join!

We are thinking about going again mid November. If any one would like to join!

Nice. Sure. Post the details once you have the dates and I will try to join.

For now i am shopping for some basic recovery items.

What communication devices you all use ?

Thanks

Will do, snow will be the determining factor as we get closer.
Yelling out the window worked well last time. But my brother Inlaw and I have been looking at the cobra CB.
He's trying to get a winch as well.

Will do, snow will be the determining factor as we get closer.
Yelling out the window worked well last time. But my brother Inlaw and I have been looking at the cobra CB.
He's trying to get a winch as well.

Lol on the yelling part. i am sure it works. I am researching on CB for a quite a while too.

I like the cobra 75wx st because the module mounts behind the dash and everything you need is on the mike.
Do you have any sliders or bumpers on that sequoia, or are you completely stock?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom