Baxter Performance remote oil filter installed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The biggest issue was connecting the drain to the drain valve which has been a headache for me. Most of the oil gets spilled as I'm twisting into the drain valve. Since moving, I've been using a vacuum pump to pump out the oil. Having the filter relocated would make my job 1000% easier.
No twisting is needed. It just pushes/snaps straight in.

No twisting is needed. It just pushes/snaps straight in.

This. If you fumble the install of the drain nipple it will indeed be messy. Just push with authority and it works well as designed.

Depending on what filter you get, some of the plastic drains aren't even just "push/snap" in, but threaded. I'm specifically thinking of the Amsoil filter for our trucks. But I went with the MotivX tool set from amazon while I've been waiting for the next shipment from bjowett to be available/arrive.

I only use OEM filters on the 200. And only buy those from actual Toyota dealers as I received a batch of counterfeit from Amazon once.

There is a great tool that screws into the factory filter drain port and has a brass valve and hose that makes that step drama free. Motivx makes one and there are several copies on Amazon.

Or go whole hog and get a BJowett housing and fumoto style valve and it is so much easier...

There is a great tool that screws into the factory filter drain port and has a brass valve and hose that makes that step drama free. Motivx makes one and there are several copies on Amazon.

Or go whole hog and get a BJowett housing and fumoto style valve and it is so much easier...

Fumoto has definitely been a life saver. I would definitely recommend it.

The motivx tool is slow and requires cleanup afterwards. Snap in the tool provided with an OE or TRD filter, snap it out, toss it with the filter.

Amsoil makes some good stuff but if they made a drain tool that threads in they clearly didn’t understand how the stock part works.

It’s not that it’s not simple. It’s that is a PITA and creates a mess. Idiotic cartridge filter design.
I changed mine today. I was thinking the next time I'll wear my best white dress shirt to prove that it doesn't have to be messy. Seriously, not a drop spilled.

I changed mine today. I was thinking the next time I'll wear my best white dress shirt to prove that it doesn't have to be messy. Seriously, not a drop spilled.
Same.

wear a tie and take a pic too. That'll show 'em!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom