Baxter Performance remote oil filter installed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
E6D589E6-0AFF-4135-AF16-95D669A6EC2D.jpeg
I’ve had this 2015 Land Cruiser for about six months. When I first purchased it from my wife I went to change the oil and was rather discouraged at how difficult it was to change the oil with all of those skid plates and that cumbersome filter insert. This was in contrast to how nice it is to change the oil on my FJ cruiser where the oil filter is in the engine bay.

So I got this part from Baxter and it screws right into the oil filter cartridge housing. Rather simple install. It increased oil capacity by almost 2 quarts. Simple

29363D48-70A4-46F4-9FA8-ABC60831A20C.jpeg

01CB5CA9-7DBA-4C9F-807A-0525A37E59CD.jpeg

That’s really cool. Are there any other locations under hood it might be mounted? I’ve got my air compressor mounted in the spot you chose.

ya It would have fit easily behind the passenger side headlight. lots of room there.
And the skid plate fits with this thing installed. the adapter does not hang below the crossmember.

To change the filter I will need to place an aluminum pie pan or a paper plate under the filer before i unscrew it to catch the little oil that may leak.

this is the hose and ends i use

this is the filter adapter

And i used the oil filter relocation mount from daily

I am surprised this did not receive more traction. Oil changes on the 200 are abysmal and are a futile attempt to reduce “waste” from Canister filters.

I question the quality of something like this due to the systems criticality. While the oil pump is a PD pump and the few feet of elevation changes will have negligible effects on its performance, what are the hydraulic losses in the lines and what sort of failure modes do they introduce?

Just thinking out loud…..

I am surprised this did not receive more traction. Oil changes on the 200 are abysmal and are a futile attempt to reduce “waste” from Canister filters.

I question the quality of something like this due to the systems criticality. While the oil pump is a PD pump and the few feet of elevation changes will have negligible effects on its performance, what are the hydraulic losses in the lines and what sort of failure modes do they introduce?

Just thinking out loud…..

If that's a concern they also make a spin on adapter that does not require the remote locating of new filter. I've not seen anyone run one to verify clearance on the various skid plates folks run but seems to work with a stock unit.

Reminds me I need to put a thread together on how easy and quick oil changes are on our trucks.

just an update. the cruiser has not burned down.
1st oil change w the adapter went well.
i installed a fumoto valve and removed the small skid cover that was over the drain hole when i originally installed the remote filter. no skid plate to fight with. So All that i had to do to change the oil was flip open the valve and wait 10 min and close the valve when done draining.. Then It took all of 1 min to unscrew the oil filter and screw on a new one.
The remote parts add a little the oil capacity. It took exactly 9 quarts to refill.

If that's a concern they also make a spin on adapter that does not require the remote locating of new filter. I've not seen anyone run one to verify clearance on the various skid plates folks run but seems to work with a stock unit.

I'm reaching out to them and will post update. Really interested in this product.

I
I'm reaching out to them and will post update. Really interested in this product.
I called Baxter and they explained it is different between Tundra/Sequoia and LC200. The said if we have 5" total from lip of where the adapter would attach, it should work. I have a differential drop, so assume I have a bit more room, but I'm going to measure and if close enough will order and post findings.

I

I called Baxter and they explained it is different between Tundra/Sequoia and LC200. The said if we have 5" total from lip of where the adapter would attach, it should work. I have a differential drop, so assume I have a bit more room, but I'm going to measure and if close enough will order and post findings.
Did you ever get to install the adapter?

Reminds me I need to put a thread together on how easy and quick oil changes are on our trucks.
AGREE!! IT'S NOT THAT HARD!!

I can't believe all the whining about how "difficult" it is. "Abysmal" is a new one. Yeah right...

Some of you ladies need to just take your trucks to Jiffy Lube and take your chances.

By the way, from where should I measure the 7 inches? Top of the factory oil filter housing or the bottom of it?

I'd assume from where this would attach, which would mean the flush bottom of the filter housing. I'm very interested in this, has anyone else relocated their filter to the engine bay?

Mine is still running.

I would wager that the number of 200 series owners who change there own oil would be greater if the procedure was simpler.

Mine is still running.

I would wager that the number of 200 series owners who change there own oil would be greater if the procedure was simpler.
It’s not that it’s not simple. It’s that is a PITA and creates a mess. Idiotic cartridge filter design.

I think the issue is many of us, my self included, weren't using the drain adapter correctly. I've been schooled and it's pretty slick if you just follow the process. Drain the housing and no mess.

I think the issue is many of us, my self included, weren't using the drain adapter correctly. I've been schooled and it's pretty slick if you just follow the process. Drain the housing and no mess.

The biggest issue was connecting the drain to the drain valve which has been a headache for me. Most of the oil gets spilled as I'm twisting into the drain valve. Since moving, I've been using a vacuum pump to pump out the oil. Having the filter relocated would make my job 1000% easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom