What part # oil filter for LX 570? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What are your thoughts on the ValvoMax quick twist oil drain valve? I saw Scotty's review and I thought it's pretty cool. However, I wasn't sure how to secure/screw it to the existing hole. It seemed like he just hand screw it in. If so, is that tight enough?
It seems to me to be as messy as just using the drain plug. I suspect the main body of the Valvomax is more than just hand tight in the pan. The cap is just hand tight.

It seems to me to be as messy as just using the drain plug. I suspect the main body of the Valvomax is more than just hand tight in the pan. The cap is just hand tight.
Looking at this image from Amazon, it seemed that you can use a wrench to tighten the Valvomax and the cap/cover can be hand tighten. At $50, I'm not ready to purchase it yet but curious about it.
1701188603919.png

Would it help with draining the oil if I put the LX on a ramp? I think last time I did I just set the LX to high and crawl underneath.

Would it help with draining the oil if I put the LX on a ramp?
No, just put it in high so you have better access to the area underneath.

What are your thoughts on the ValvoMax quick twist oil drain valve? I saw Scotty's review and I thought it's pretty cool. However, I wasn't sure how to secure/screw it to the existing hole. It seemed like he just hand screw it in. If so, is that tight enough?
I have it on mine and will change my oil with it for the first time this weekend. There is 2 oil changes using it on my son's 4Runner. Works great and it is not as messy as a regular drain plug. Oil doesn't flow out until you screw on the other side that comes with the valve which has a nipple and hose on it that drains into your oil container....plus you don't ever need to buy crush washers again.

It was installed with same torque spec as the drain plug. The cap itself is just hand tightened because it is just a protective cap.

I have it on mine and will change my oil with it for the first time this weekend. There is 2 oil changes using it on my son's 4Runner. Works great and it is not as messy as a regular drain plug. Oil doesn't flow out until you screw on the other side that comes with the valve which has a nipple and hose on it that drains into your oil container....plus you don't ever need to buy crush washers again.

It was installed with same torque spec as the drain plug. The cap itself is just hand tightened because it is just a protective cap.
I assumed it comes with the draining hose and everything, right? Thank you for sharing.

Ok, I think I will need a new oil filter housing....looks like it's quite busted. If use the same one it might be difficulty to remove the next time. Anyone know what the part # is for this oil filter housing? Many thanks!

Okay, so I found this one part # 156200S010. Does it look like the correct one?
That is the correct filter housing. Many on here have opted to get a metal filter housing from other Toyota engines and then swapping on the longer center section for concerns of the plastic filter housing cracking. Venza/Highlander/Camry V6 engines have the metal housing.

Do not get an aftermarket parts store filter housing, even the aluminum one, they are known to have issues.

Part number for the metal venza housing is 15620-31060

As @Nothinghead mentioned you'll need to move your longer filter support tube over to this housing. It's easy to do and documented everywhere online.

Do not get an aftermarket parts store filter housing, even the aluminum one, they are known to have issues.

Part number for the metal venza housing is 15620-31060
Is it true that the price for that is only $29.95 from Amazon? Our local Toyota dealer wanted to charge me around $96 for the plastic version.

Ah, I got it. I forgot to see that you mentioned that part number is for the "Venza" vehicle and not my 2014 LX 570.

Looking at this image from Amazon, it seemed that you can use a wrench to tighten the Valvomax and the cap/cover can be hand tighten. At $50, I'm not ready to purchase it yet but curious about it.
View attachment 3493379
Most people use the Fumoto for easy draining. It has a 90 degree turn ball valve rather than this screw in valve.

These are the parts I use to make a clean oil change.

Fumoto F103S (other models, but this is the one i use)
Fumoto Nipple to hose adaptor kit (not totally necessary, but if you don't have a bunch of spare hoses lying around, this one definitely works)
Motivx Toyota Oil Change Kit (there are also knockoffs of these parts that are cheaper and work fine. I have a mixed parts bag of the 3 parts in this kit)

Okay, so the Venza version is shorter than the LX version, right?
The housing is the same size. There is a stand pipe in the center of the housing that is shorter on the Venza than it is on the plastic housing for the 5.7. This can easily be swapped between the housings.

The housing is the same size. There is a stand pipe in the center of the housing that is shorter on the Venza than it is on the plastic housing for the 5.7. This can easily be swapped between the housings.
Awesome, thank you!

Okay, just found out that I'm missing a 12mm screw that holds the metal cover underneath the oil filter. Does anyone know what the specification or part number of these screws? Any chance I could easily find it at a local hardware store? Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom