Battery Recommendation (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What happens to the Goal Zero/Jackery once its had 500+ cycles and the battery is kaput? Do they offer a reduced price on a new unit or have a battery bank replacement program?

I bought two 100Ah Renogy LiFePO4 batteries that I put in a Pelican case to serve the "aux" purpose. The Renogy DCDC dual input charger lets me charge via vehicle, solar and is smart enough to shut off when the vehicle isn't running.

I bought two 100Ah Renogy LiFePO4 batteries that I put in a Pelican case to serve the "aux" purpose. The Renogy DCDC dual input charger lets me charge via vehicle, solar and is smart enough to shut off when the vehicle isn't running.
What's the DCDC product? Is it the Rover LI? How do you like it?

Damn, I already bought a BCDC 1225D, but this looks just as comparable at 1/3 the cost. I may need to return the redarc.

That's cool. Does it already have a BMS to not charge at low temp etc

This the one I got: 12V 170Ah LiFePO4 Power Block – BigBattery.com - https://bigbattery.com/products/12v-lifepo4-power-block/

Will Prowse on YouTube did a few reviews on them and he seems to like the capacity, BMS, and cells. He did not like the low-temp cutoff, though. This battery will not have solar, inverter, DIN nor 12v cig connections. You have to build a distribution box to support those. So you may be better off with the PLB40 for your use-case. But for the capacity, it's tough to beat. It is 4x the capacity of the PLB40!

I calculated I can run my 60L fridge continuously for 4 days if that is the only load. I have an extremely hungry wife, so I need fridge capacity.

Ramzizaz, I implore you to stick to your plan. Your conviction is unique. Please do not go down the path of overboarding like me. It is a sickness.

Man, you came for a starter battery now you are looking at a 2000Wh battery! I love it!!
That's a big boy battery! Where can you store that in your car? I am planning a sleeping platform in the back so want things to be max about 11 inches high and as low weight as possible. That's why I am going down the path of the dometic cd30 fridge instead of the bigger fridges.

What happens to the Goal Zero/Jackery once its had 500+ cycles and the battery is kaput? Do they offer a reduced price on a new unit or have a battery bank replacement program?
I think you just keep using it with less capacity. I am not aware of replacements for the battery

What's the DCDC product? Is it the Rover LI? How do you like it?

Damn, I already bought a BCDC 1225D, but this looks just as comparable at 1/3 the cost. I may need to return the redarc.
This is what I bought:

It communicates with the battery and they together accomplish all the charge profiles and limitations.

Did you have to buy a new battery tray or fabricate one? Do you need to top them off with solar or something else?
I had most all the work (bumpers, suspension, etc., etc. etc.) done by YotaMasters, down here in So. Cal. They made the tray.
It's so simple I'm surprised there isn't a kit for it!

Last edited:
I go to Pep Boys cuzz they will change batteries for free , why do it myself if someone else will do it

What is the largest odyssey battery I can fit in there without much mods. It seems that their website recommends the ODX-AGM24F but saw on a dual battery setup somebody put in a ODX-AGM34R (34R-PC1500T)? Maybe go with the ODX-AGM27F since it is slightly larger

Last edited:
That's a big boy battery! Where can you store that in your car? I am planning a sleeping platform in the back so want things to be max about 11 inches high and as low weight as possible. That's why I am going down the path of the dometic cd30 fridge instead of the bigger fridges.
The bigbattery 170ah can fit in a space the size of a 105AH battery. It’s just a tad larger. I’ll see if it fits in my drawer system. It has an SB175 plug, so I plan on being able to remove from the drawer, if needed. I want to be able to charge it at home before driving off.

I second going with 27F. Fits perfectly and since mine is AGM I installed the NOCO dual bank battery charger. Mines not a daily driver so I plug it in. Keeps everything topped up and great for loading the fridge up the night before a trip. I went with a Northstar 27F, 160 amp hour reserve 880 CCA.

59CB5F53-11B9-44B1-9216-3F25F8A8A821.jpeg

1EAC0CD0-8E44-4AF2-A40C-B92FB612E9E7.jpeg

I second going with 27F. Fits perfectly and since mine is AGM I installed the NOCO dual bank battery charger. Mines not a daily driver so I plug it in. Keeps everything topped up and great for loading the fridge up the night before a trip. I went with a Northstar 27F, 160 amp hour reserve 880 CCA.

View attachment 2577268

View attachment 2577269
Is it basically this one since Northstar and x2 are made the same.

I ended up going with the x2 27f AGM and it fits like a glove without any modifications. Now just need to figure out if I need to up the voltage using a diode or something

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom