Aluminum Falcon - 2010 GX460 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks! I just picked up a 2010 GX460 Base in Knight's Armor with 108k miles. This is my first truck and my secondary vehicle after my 2018 Porsche Cayman GTS.

IMG_0313.jpg

As you can tell, I live in the NYC area and am looking forward to exploring the Upstate NY, NNJ, and PA in my new off-roader.

EswK7sp.gif

Last edited:
I ordered an OME 3" lift kit from OK4WD in Stewartsville, NJ with it getting installed the week of 2/8.

Picked up some TRD Pro 17" gunmetal wheels but haven't decided what size tire to go with. I'd love a 32" tire but don't want to deal with mounting the spare somewhere. Will definitely go with BFG KO2s though. Size suggestions?

Did a full interior detail and replaced the cabin air filter. Replaced the OEM air filter with a K&N washable.

Last edited:
Reactions: r2m
Picked up some 3M vinyl wrap from Amazon and am starting to wrap some of the wood grain parts of the interior and other scuffed up interior plastics. I am by no means a pro, it's my first time working with this so wanted to start off slow. Began with the shift knob and key fob to see how it wears and it was easy to take apart and bring into my apartment. Will probably lace up a black leather wrap for the steering wheel, the only interior wood that would be challenging to wrap.

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

Reactions: r2m
Last easy mod this week was to replace the interior lighting with some cheap LEDs from Amazon. Such a huge visibility improvement over the stock bulbs. Did all the domes, under visor, and door puddle lights.

IMG_0343.jpg

Welcome to the world of GX's!
Wow! You didn't waste any time on mods!
You should start a build thread so we all can follow your journey with pic's and how-to's.

Congrats on your new rig. Another NJ GX!
I live about 25 min. from OK4WD. They do great work and are one of the most respected 4wd shops in the tri-state area.
As for wheeling in our area.... not much in NNJ. I make several camping trips to PA every year and have found some decent trails. Upstate is great, but is a bit of haul. If your going to make the trip, i suggest NH, VT, and MN.
Before hitting the trails, make sure all maintenance is up to date. Don't forget about the brakes. These rigs are heavy. Seems like you are on the right track... wheels/tires and lift will make night and day difference.

Congrats on your new rig. Another NJ GX!
I live about 25 min. from OK4WD. They do great work and are one of the most respected 4wd shops in the tri-state area.
As for wheeling in our area.... not much in NNJ. I make several camping trips to PA every year and have found some decent trails. Upstate is great, but is a bit of haul. If your going to make the trip, i suggest NH, VT, and MN.
Before hitting the trails, make sure all maintenance is up to date. Don't forget about the brakes. These rigs are heavy. Seems like you are on the right track... wheels/tires and lift will make night and day difference.

Thanks Pete!

Luckily the previous owner religiously took the truck to Lexus of Southhampton and the history on Lexus Drivers - https://drivers.lexus.com/ looks solid. My folks live upstate so I'm used to the drive to Lake George, and this rig is so comfortable I don't mind the long drives. It's like a couch on wheels.

These two brake kits are on my to do list. (Front/Rear)
Amazon product ASIN B0084L1XYY Amazon product ASIN B0084L4O36

I ordered an OME 3" lift kit from OK4WD in Stewartsville, NJ with it getting installed the week of 2/8.

Picked up some TRD Pro 17" gunmetal wheels but haven't decided what size tire to go with. I'd love a 32" tire but don't want to deal with mounting the spare somewhere. Will definitely go with BFG KO2s though. Size suggestions?

Did a full interior detail and replaced the cabin air filter. Replaced the OEM air filter with a K&N washable.

Congratulations on the rig! I hope you enjoy it to the fullest!

Did you notice any difference in engine noise when you installed the K&N filter?

Congratulations on the rig! I hope you enjoy it to the fullest!

Did you notice any difference in engine noise when you installed the K&N filter?
Thanks!

Not that I noticed, then again I had only driven it about 10 miles before upgrading the filter. I’m considering the Magnaflow Overland exhaust kit so it actually sounds like a V8.

IMG_0374.jpg
This weekend I installed the Curt Class III hitch. Planning on picking up a hitch mounted spare tire carrier when I upsize my tires. Anyone have recommendations on which?

Amazon product ASIN B003ZS32CW
Still waiting for my appointment at the DMV to get it registered. There's my other car in red behind.

View attachment 2572422This weekend I installed the Curt Class III hitch. Planning on picking up a hitch mounted spare tire carrier when I upsize my tires. Anyone have recommendations on which?

Amazon product ASIN B003ZS32CW
Still waiting for my appointment at the DMV to get it registered. There's my other car in red behind.
The best one in my opinion is the rigd supply swing. Super stout from the videos I saw of it and a bunch of accessories

Awesome! There’s hundreds a handful of us in this area! There should be a meet up when the times are better, hopefully some time later this year!

32” will fit with minor rubbing. You can always pull back the plastic trim for the front fender liners. It won’t fit with the hitch as you’ve heard... I’ve tried with the OEM hitch.

What other mods do you have planned? Crawl, MTS, Tints, f sport grille?

Now... let’s see some more of that GTS! A manual cayman s has been on the back burner for some time but can’t get myself to pull the trigger for a few reasons. I look here and there just to dream.... but can never find one optioned the way I like... maybe a gts is the answer??!?

Awesome! There’s hundreds a handful of us in this area! There should be a meet up when the times are better, hopefully some time later this year!

32” will fit with minor rubbing. You can always pull back the plastic trim for the front fender liners. It won’t fit with the hitch as you’ve heard... I’ve tried with the OEM hitch.

What other mods do you have planned? Crawl, MTS, Tints, f sport grille?

Now... let’s see some more of that GTS! A manual cayman s has been on the back burner for some time but can’t get myself to pull the trigger for a few reasons. I look here and there just to dream.... but can never find one optioned the way I like... maybe a gts is the answer??!?

IMG_0926.jpg

That's my other baby. 6 speed manual of course. Only a few mods: GIAC tune (410 HP 365 Ft-Lbs), clear side markers, Platypus front license plate mount, front clear bra.

Here's what's on my To-Do list:
  • Battery replacement - Odyssey 34r-pc1500t
  • Brake upgrade
  • Speaker upgrades
  • Plastidip badges & grille - If I don't like the black plastidip, I'll go with the F Sport grille
  • Vinyl wrap exterior chrome
  • Gamiviti roof rack
  • Rock sliders - Victory or Metal Tech
  • Exhaust upgrade
  • Undercarriage cleanup - rust removal and seal
  • Exterior LED upgrades
  • Auxiliary lighting
  • GROM install
  • Multi-Terrain Select enable
  • Driver's seat leather repair

Awesome GTS!

Keep us updated on your GX. I’m particularly interested in seeing the speakers, roof rack, sliders and exhaust options you go with.

I’m going to send you a PM.

View attachment 2572855

That's my other baby. 6 speed manual of course. Only a few mods: GIAC tune (410 HP 365 Ft-Lbs), clear side markers, Platypus front license plate mount, front clear bra.

Here's what's on my To-Do list:
  • Battery replacement - Odyssey 34r-pc1500t
  • Brake upgrade
  • Speaker upgrades
  • Plastidip badges & grille - If I don't like the black plastidip, I'll go with the F Sport grille
  • Vinyl wrap exterior chrome
  • Gamiviti roof rack
  • Rock sliders - Victory or Metal Tech
  • Exhaust upgrade
  • Undercarriage cleanup - rust removal and seal
  • Exterior LED upgrades
  • Auxiliary lighting
  • GROM install
  • Multi-Terrain Select enable
  • Driver's seat leather repair
Beautiful GTS. I saw a GTS in that color at a HPDE track event at NJ Motorsports Park this past November. Any chance that was you?
The GX makes a great track car hauler btw.

Got my rig back today after it made a pit stop at OK4WD. They did a phenomenal job and I can't recommend them enough. Ken took care of me and ensured that The Aluminum Falcon was able to fit those beefy 285/70-17s under the wheel arches with an OME lift. Love how the gunmetal TRD Pro wheels look with the Knights Armor paint.

Out back, I got the Rigd Ultra-swing since Ken made me a great deal on the floor model. I'll get a better photo once I set up the lighted license plate frame in the center of the wheel. Drove it 70 miles back from OK4WD and there was zero vibration from the tire carrier. Super solid. Next up is to relocate the reverse camera since it's now blocked by the Ultra-swing.

Moving in a couple of weeks to my new house and will finally have a garage to work on future mods myself--I can't wait.

IMG_0401.jpg
IMG_0405.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom