Bartlett and Horseshoe – We now have water (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
My girls and I went out to the Horseshoe – Bartlett area today for a little wheeling and sightseeing.

The waterfall at the north end of Camp Creek is flowing great and worth the trip out. You can pretty much wheel all but the last 500’.

They are dumping large amount of water out of Horseshoe dam. We wont be driving across it for a while. Horseshoe was at 36% capacity on 12/30 today 100% plus.

Bartlett is also 100% but with tons of debris in the water and zero shore line. They have been opening the dam nightly trying to get the lake down to open shoreline. Basically there is no Bartlett flats right now.
:cheers:
Mvc-036f.jpg
Mvc-048f.jpg
Mvc-049f.jpg

RHINO said:
wow thats great !!

did you guys dare walking UNDER the spilway??

There were a lot of people on both sides so they were getting across somehow. But not us

Also we stopped to see the Ranger and the wife loaded up on free teaching stuff and I was able to obtain some very detailed trail maps of the area if anyone is interested.

RUSH55 said:
According to the Az Republic, Horseshoe is at 91%, Bartlett at 98%, Pleasant is 99%, Roosevelt is 81%, Apache, Canyon, and Saguaro all ~98%.

Must be true....Goes to show you that US forest service and the Sheriff dept don’t what going on in there back yard

I go to srpnet.com a couple times a week. You can check out all of the lake levels and water running downt the rivers. Last year the whole system was at 42 percent and now it is above 80%.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/az/nwis/current/?type=flow

This one you can change the table to see river flows, rain, for alot of gauges around the state. You can also make it show for the last month. Here is the rain for the last month at the Verde and Tangle creek.

SJ
Verde river gauge.gif

i am really looking forward to getting back to fishing. cant wait for things to settle down and the water to clear up.

Not to hijack my own thread but do we have propellant that works??

Some of the flights were less than perfect, but my motors worked perfect, that makes me :D

gila.jpg

gila_go.jpg

Cool stuff! Where can I be a spectator for this? My son would love it.

Definitely want the detailed maps !!! :D Please, any way you can forward them; willing to pay for copies and shipping. Thanks in advance, Claudia :bounce:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom