Back with a BJ42 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had a BJ42 when I was still in high school. Made a bad decision and sold it in 1995. I finally have another one. I've been fortunate to get to experience some nice vehicles over the years, but none make me smile as much as a 40 series. Well, maybe a 70 series, but that's another story :)

I've spent the winter getting it a little more "back to stock." I tracked down an original AM radio, went with steel wheels and hub caps, factory painted running boards, factory bumper, and removed the winch and donated it to my brother-in-laws 70 series. Getting a few final rust touch ups and hope to be driving it in the next few weeks. Here are couple pics.

81BJ42Field.jpg

1981BJ42Wheels.jpg

That’s a nice machine. I also made a bad decision in the mid 90’s and have another. Congratulations and enjoy. I’m over in Terrace. Some spares here if you ever need.

And here it is 2 years later. All of the above completed, as well as a repair and repaint of the rear passenger side ambulance door. It's now got just about 370,000kms on it so I redid the injectors and it runs a lot better now. Not that it was running bad, but there was some white exhaust coming out under engine braking. That is gone now.

Winter plans as to get a small spot at the hood looked at. Not sure if I can get away with a small repair, or if I'll need to do the whole hood. It's been awesome summer daily driver.

1981 BJ42 Land Cruiser-7950.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom