Builds Back in a GX470 (Ferg's vehicle ADD continues) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And its done. 😎

Took about an hour total cause getting old rear console section out threw me for a bit getting to the wires to the rear AC and rear radio controls. Just had to separate the back panel from the console and it was done. Ended up not having a couple screws but I had some lying around that worked for now.

Also threw in an eBay chinese special console insert to separate into upper and lower sections.

Stoked on it so far.

Only *real* issue is once the GX470 arm rests are unbolted from the side of the seat, theres an ugly hole and a knob protruding a 1/2 inch or so. I figure some sort of cover could be made or sewn on. I'll have to work that out still.

20190521_201916.jpg
20190521_203858.jpg
20190521_204029.jpg
20190521_204057.jpg

Also have to still get a back panel with the cutout for the AC controls. Not entirely sure there is one that fits the GX470 controls perfectly, but ive seen a couple different ones and I have to just figure it out. Im ok losing the rear radio controls--actually, I'd prefer to--but having the rear AC control is important to me still.

Took it for about a 30 min drive just now. I absolutely LOVE it so far regarding arm comfort. The top of the console feels much more level with the armrest on the door. The original seat armrests seem to be a few inches higher than the door armrest. This evens them out much better. I thought maybe I'd end up wanting the center console to be up higher like the original armrests were, but that is not the case. It is much more comfortable to me. And the lid of the Prado console can slide forward to varying positions as well.

Does your center console have the fridge?

Does your center console have the fridge?

No, it does not have the fridge. I actually thought a bit about putting the refrigerated console in, but I know folks with them in 80 and 200 series Cruisers that find them not very useful. Not enough space to hold much more than a couple drinks, and only powered when vehicle is powered, and then you as well lose out on having the console box for extra storage. I wanted the extra storage.

So sweet! Let us know what you find with the rear AC controls. Can you not just cut a space and add them back in?

Won't fit with my Scheel Mann seats! doh!

One day you'll wake up and just have a Prado :p

Lovin the mods!

Man. Some days I wish that would be the case... torquey lil diesel motor and a 5 or 6 spd manual trans, factory rear locker... I wouldn't mind that at all!

Though I suspect if that happened, there would be other days where I'd really miss this bad ass V8 motor. :cool: And maybe a day or two where I'd even miss this auto trans... :p

Realistically though, I think that there really isn't much else from the Prado 120 that the GX470 is "missing". Maybe a couple more little things I have up my sleeve, but its just about there as far as Prado stuff that needs to come over to the GX.

True... Very true. I love that console though.

Is it true you are getting rid of the GX! Sad to see you leave with all the cool mods you always do.

Is it true you are getting rid of the GX! Sad to see you leave with all the cool mods you always do.

Well, kinda sorta... was trying to. Cause we need a truck. Currently have an LX470 and a GX470. So was gonna trade out the GX for a truck. But now my 17 y/o step daughter is begging to let her have the GX. So maybe I just keep it around and let her have it after I get a truck...

Last edited:
And did this today... Very interesting... Prado 120 non-nav HVAC 55900-60642. Buttons are a little sticky, but it is 100% working in my 06/05 GX470. I took a *huge* chance on this thing cause I am just so damn curious on this stuff, but its worked out 100%, including cycling the compressor on and off. Now the Celsius degrees match the Celsius on my Prado field monitor (that i can't figure out how to switch to Fahrenheit--but now I dont care as much. haha)

20190623_124841-jpg.2011222

20190623_124918-jpg.2011223

20190623_124930_hdr-jpg.2011224

20190623_210647-jpg.2011225

Last edited:
Well that my dream setup for sure! Is it true that you can’t get a non-nav hvac panel for the 2008? Stopped in 2007?

Well that my dream setup for sure! Is it true that you can’t get a non-nav hvac panel for the 2008? Stopped in 2007?

I'm not 100% certain there, but i thought non-nav was still avail in 09. From what we've found, the part number indicates it runs through 2009. Most likely a lot more rare for sure. Maybe check GXOR FB group to see if somebody's done an 09 or got an OEM non-nav 09....?

88650-60773 (01/2006 - 07/2009)

Got the HVAC control unit dropped off by the UPS man earlier today. Went out and connected it up to test it out real quick and see how it goes. My GX470 is 06/05 MFG month/year and I picked up the 88650-60771.

Everything seemed to function 100% including cycling AC compressor. Seems to be good to go!

Waiting now on the head unit from China and a few trim pieces to arrive from UAE. I'm going with a black Prado bezel on mine (and hoping black buttons eventually also) and eventually black out a lot of the interior.

View attachment 1881181View attachment 1881183View attachment 1881185
hi! did you buy a used climate control for the GX470? I need climate control with part number this number needs Toyota 88650-60773 88650-60B22 (Canada)

hi! did you buy a used climate control for the GX470? I need climate control with part number this number needs Toyota 88650-60773 88650-60B22 (Canada)

Yeah I bought mine used via www.car-part.com which searches through Wrecking Yard parts databases. Another good spot folks get them is on ebay, but they usually go pretty quick on either of those sites so you have to be diligently checking on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom