Back from Paint (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It's been a few years that I've had my 40 in primer and rusting. It's sole purpose is to play in the mud so having a nice paint job hasn't been a priority. I decided to get the body cleaned up a bit and throw a cheap paint job on it to slow the aging process. Here's a couple before and afters. The color isn't for everyone but I like it. It grows on you.
FJ40rev.JPG
Painted rev1.JPG
Painted rev 2.JPG

I like the color, looks good. What type of paint did you use and what color code? Good looking 40!

Nick

I love the color... looks like Olive Green? #653 (i did mine in 653...)

Looks great man.:cheers:

I like the color, looks good. What type of paint did you use and what color code? Good looking 40!

Nick

Not sure of the paint but it's Olive Green #653 like ibejamie says! It was kind of funny. The guy sprayed the hood and caled me afterwards. The message he left was something like . "Hey... ummmm... your hoods painted... uhhhh ... call me right away, please." When I spoke to him he asked if I was sure I wanted to paint the rest of it. I told him not to worry. The color grows on you!:).

mine said the same thing!!! looks good! you wont regret it (well.. depending on how much $$ it cost anyways..)

Next step. Black wheels! Can anybody photoshop them black?

New paint looks better than primer.....:p bitchen color...

great color- i was considering dune beige, but this may have changed my mind- olive looks great!

The dune beige is a nice color too. It was just too clean for a MUD truck! That black slop has to blend in as an accent color:grinpimp:

that was my factory color had the PO not painted it black i would have left it alone but few things are worse than black, had i been able to find a cheap rustoleum knock off of that i would have gone back to it dont let anyone tell you that isnt a kick ass color. B/C ITS A KICK ASS COLOR!!! you need stock steelies though ;).... and umm.... a bezel <-- A WHITE ONE!!! :grinpimp:

Last edited:
Here is a really quick and dirty wheel change in Photoshop...
Painted rev 2 copy.jpg

that was my factory color had the PO not painted it black i would have left it alone but few things are worse than black, had i been able to find a cheap rustoleum knock off of that i would have gone back to it dont let anyone tell you that isnt a kick ass color. B/C ITS A KICK ASS COLOR!!! you need stock steelies though ;).... and umm.... a bezel <-- A WHITE ONE!!! :grinpimp:

Stock steelies? Will they fit my one ton rear end? I think I'll have to paint the white wheels black. I'd like a bezel too but don't want to spend a $100 on one! No white- No chrome! No un-necessary controls. Ignition lights and horn!

Stock steelies? Will they fit my one ton rear end? I think I'll have to paint the white wheels black. I'd like a bezel too but don't want to spend a $100 on one! No white- No chrome! No un-necessary controls. Ignition lights and horn!

lol id be more worried about fitting those fat ass tires on steelies it can be done with enough $$$$ though fitting 1tons just requires opening them up the centers a little. (and i was more just picking, those are the same wheels i have, except mine are rattle can black) id just rather have the old school look just my thing i like to look stock and highly modified at the same time :hillbilly:

You could always have a wheel shop custom make "stock" looking steelies for you, we had a set of 16x9's made for our 45... Not cheap though...

lol id be more worried about fitting those fat ass tires on steelies it can be done with enough $$$$ though fitting 1tons just requires opening them up the centers a little. (and i was more just picking, those are the same wheels i have, except mine are rattle can black) id just rather have the old school look just my thing i like to look stock and highly modified at the same time :hillbilly:

Were into tall and wide down here. Even my 80 series is like that. Of course we don't rock crawl around here.
80 water crossing rev.jpg
water crossing rev.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom