Builds B.E. MEYERS MAWLR | 200 series LX570 Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In March of 2017 Brad Meyers, founder of B.E. MEYERS, passed away after an amazing life. He was an innovator, inventor, and always looking to create something new and exciting.

In memory of Brad’s spirit of adventure B.E. MEYERS & DEFCONBRIX are transforming his daily driver, this 2011 Lexus LX570, into a purpose-built overland vehicle dubbed the MAWLR.

full

Stay tuned for the transformation...

First thing was first on this build.. protect the assets! When you're carrying around high-end equipment your basic plastic cases just aren't enough. Lucky for us TruckVault was just a couple hours down the road. They installed a standard height single drawer unit and added a few extras to the like a 600w inverter with various outlets and a table extension.

full

full

full

When I got this luxury cruiser and rolling armory back to Arizona I ordered TrekPak in order to properly organize the drawer for its ever changing gear.

full

full

Last edited:
Nice, following the thread. Did your roof rack get mounted upside down, though? Or is it just on the floor in that pic? Heh

Nice, following the thread. Did your roof rack get mounted upside down, though? Or is it just on the floor in that pic? Heh

Click on the installed pic...then zoom in...and you can see that it’s right side up on the truck. ;)

In March of 2017 Brad Meyers, founder of B.E. MEYERS, passed away after an amazing life. He was an innovator, inventor, and always looking to create something new and exciting.

In memory of Brad’s spirit of adventure B.E. MEYERS & DEFCONBRIX are transforming his daily driver, this 2011 Lexus LX570, into a purpose-built overland vehicle dubbed the MAWLR.

full

Stay tuned for the transformation...
I carried one of his glares for years. It was a solid piece of kit that not only helped us kill the enemy even better, but I can honestly say, it saved lives by getting the attention and stopping civilians that were about to put themselves into a bad position. What a life he lived... and he helped many others live longer than they would of. Really can't ask more. RIP

^Hah, I snuck a glimpse at the beef on Instagram, and it is BEEFY. I won't post any spoilers. From pedestrian to MAWLR indeed.

Looks to be a proper build on the level of Slee's personal rig here. Same color even. The MALLLX's are coming...

30805995_1907282472629846_1901896151928274299_o.jpg

Very cool tribute @mawlr, off to instagram to add you.

I carried one of his glares for years. It was a solid piece of kit that not only helped us kill the enemy even better, but I can honestly say, it saved lives by getting the attention and stopping civilians that were about to put themselves into a bad position. What a life he lived... and he helped many others live longer than they would of. Really can't ask more. RIP

Thank you for your service and your feedback means the world to us.

Been following this on Instagram. Show us the beef!

^Hah, I snuck a glimpse at the beef on Instagram, and it is BEEFY. I won't post any spoilers. From pedestrian to MAWLR indeed.

Looks to be a proper build on the level of Slee's personal rig here. Same color even. The MALLLX's are coming...

30805995_1907282472629846_1901896151928274299_o.jpg

Cheaters going to the 'gram first lol I will get the hi-res photos and more details posted here.. keep the buzz points on the 'gram

Been following since the Tacoma days...was absolutely STOKED to see an LX build. I'll be following every step of the way.

Heck yes! I appreciate all your support

Battery management and sway bar relocate coming in hot from @sleeoffroad

full

full

The sway bar relocate kit is an interesting choice - I was under the impression that was only for KDSS equipped trucks and the LX didn’t need it since it obviously doesn’t have KDSS. What size tire are you guys going with?

First thing was first on this build.. protect the assets! When you're carrying around high-end equipment your basic plastic cases just aren't enough. Lucky for us TruckVault was just a couple hours down the road. They installed a standard height single drawer unit and added a few extras to the like a 600w inverter with various outlets and a table extension.

full

full

full

When I got this luxury cruiser and rolling armory back to Arizona I ordered TrekPak in order to properly organize the drawer for its ever changing gear.

full

full

I'd love to hear some feedback on the drawers. And perhaps some detailed shots of how they fit in the truck. Do the wings on the sides of the drawers open on top to access that space or are they sealed off? Hows the fit? Any big gaps between the top of the drawer and the sides of the cargo area or does it all line up nice and snug?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom