AVAILABLE NOW: 100 Series Carpet Sets and Mats! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone order a tan set yet? What color? I'm ready to replace mine.

@dnp anything new on tan? Thanks!!
Thanks for everyone's patience! I probably spend way too much time on tedious stuff like this, but I'm convinced we can create a closer color match-to-OEM on both the grey and tan than what we've got now. I was able to source some carpet samples that I believe to be as close to unfaded as are available, and the mfr. now has them. The colors we originally had were really close, but I'm thinking we can do better.

All that being said, I want to make sure I'm offering carpet that's as close as humanly possible (maybe I should say aftermarket-possible) to being correct-per-OEM. Because this IS an aftermarket product, I know we will never get it to 100% of OEM, because there's just no way to match the budget of an OEM mfr. However, the 60/62 carpet turned out SO close to OEM, I want to make sure we duplicate the level of "correctness" with the 100 carpet.

The person tasked with color matches at the mfr. will be back in on Monday (4/15), so I'm hoping to have a new, updated thread by Monday or Tuesday of next week. Again, I'm sorry for the delays. My enthusiasm caused me to sort of jump the gun by offering the carpet too early (unlike how Toyota would have behaved, but what we've sold so far is still REALLY close), but I'm just wanting to go this extra 1/10th to get it better.

Thanks again for the patience, and please stand by. I'll have updates on OEM matches as soon as I can get them. In the meantime, for those of you who want to deviate from OEM matches (those wanting dark greys, dark browns, blacks, etc.), we're ready to go now. Just PM me for info.

David

@dnp Sounds great, thanks for all that you are doing!

Thanks for everyone's patience! I probably spend way too much time on tedious stuff like this, but I'm convinced we can create a closer color match-to-OEM on both the grey and tan than what we've got now. I was able to source some carpet samples that I believe to be as close to unfaded as are available, and the mfr. now has them. The colors we originally had were really close, but I'm thinking we can do better.

All that being said, I want to make sure I'm offering carpet that's as close as humanly possible (maybe I should say aftermarket-possible) to being correct-per-OEM. Because this IS an aftermarket product, I know we will never get it to 100% of OEM, because there's just no way to match the budget of an OEM mfr. However, the 60/62 carpet turned out SO close to OEM, I want to make sure we duplicate the level of "correctness" with the 100 carpet.

The person tasked with color matches at the mfr. will be back in on Monday (4/15), so I'm hoping to have a new, updated thread by Monday or Tuesday of next week. Again, I'm sorry for the delays. My enthusiasm caused me to sort of jump the gun by offering the carpet too early (unlike how Toyota would have behaved, but what we've sold so far is still REALLY close), but I'm just wanting to go this extra 1/10th to get it better.

Thanks again for the patience, and please stand by. I'll have updates on OEM matches as soon as I can get them. In the meantime, for those of you who want to deviate from OEM matches (those wanting dark greys, dark browns, blacks, etc.), we're ready to go now. Just PM me for info.

David
David - I am very interested in this please PM when you get a chance! Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you soon!

I am interested as well. Will the seller be increasing the padding to address the concerns of earlier reviews? My interest is definitely different whether i have to custom cut extra padding or not.

Very interested.

I started a dark grey in a grey interior install last night. I REALLY like the contrast! Unfortunately, I've had several distractions since, so I haven't gotten very far, but I will post partial photos as I progress.........

Thanks again,
David

Interested to see how the dark grey turns out.

OK, after much wrangling (subjectively-speaking) I think we've come up with suitable color matches for the OEM colors. As before, we've still got darker colors for those who prefer to deviate from standard OEM, but the OEM matches have now been determined. As for the thickness of the carpet, and since the standard carpet offering is comparatively inexpensive to, say, the 60 carpets, I'm thinking most might want to consider these carpet sets with the mass backing. Standard is $260 + shipping and the mass backing is $370 + shipping. The mass backed carpet is a good bit thicker, and it'll provide many of the same properties as say a DynaMat or Noico product. I just received my first set with mass backing, and I hope to provide personal observations / comments in the next week or so (Also, if anyone with grey interior wants an added discount on a standard, dark grey set ["Ebony" color from earlier in this thread], PM me, and I'll sell you the sample set I received a few weeks ago at a deal).

I'm thinking it will be wise for me to start a new thread on the 100 carpet offering, and I plan to do so in the next few days. In the meantime, if you're ready to order 100 carpet now, please send me a PM, and we'll get that process started.

Thanks for everyone's patience!
David

I am in on this for a 1999 LC beige and 2004 LX gray. PM sent for the sample set.

Well I don't really need carpet but....

Having bought one of your sets for 60 series a couple of years ago, i know the quality is good. It would be awfully tempting to get new carpet and refresh the interior on the 20 year old 100 series. I would be curious to see what a nice dark brown as others have suggested, would look like. Toying with redoing the leather on the front seats at some point, might be the time to do a whole refresh and get the all the multiple PO's DNA out of the vehicle :)

Any updates? Has anyone installed the dark brown suggested above (or actually, experience with the install process other than what is already listed?).. Did you get a match for the factory brown?

OK, I hate to even address all of this with you folks, because everyone has been SO patient! I'm really sorry for the delays in getting this carpet out to everyone, but until I'm satisfied with it, I don't want it out there......and this being a MUCH more "complex" carpet than the 60/62 carpet, we ran into a few issues (color, texture, heel/foot pad placement).

All that being said, I believe it's finally "correct" and suitable for our community!

For those of you wanting to see what the darker brown looks like in a vehicle, some sample shots can be found here Seat Upholstery and Carpet Replacement Research (unless I'm just stoopid, it appears IH8MUD images can no longer be copied from the site. Only urls can.......again, it may be me, so.......) In any event, you can see what the dark brown carpet looks like in a tan (oak) interior 100 (obviously, this owner had his seat color changed, but you can see the difference in color on the other interior pieces). Also, I'm in the process of changing my grey carpet to dark grey, so one I get it installed, I'll shoot photos of that as well. (Personally, I really like the look of the darker carpets.)

I'm going to open a new thread soon, but in the meantime, 100 carpet is now available with all of the bugs of which I'm aware worked out. If you're interested in a set, please PM me with your wants, and I'll see if I can get them handled quickly.

Thanks for your patience. I believe it will have been worth the wait!
David

is there some significant difference between whats available now compared to what sold before? I just wonder if it's much better than what I got, or just a few changes.

OK, I hate to even address all of this with you folks, because everyone has been SO patient! I'm really sorry for the delays in getting this carpet out to everyone, but until I'm satisfied with it, I don't want it out there......and this being a MUCH more "complex" carpet than the 60/62 carpet, we ran into a few issues (color, texture, heel/foot pad placement).

All that being said, I believe it's finally "correct" and suitable for our community!

For those of you wanting to see what the darker brown looks like in a vehicle, some sample shots can be found here Seat Upholstery and Carpet Replacement Research (unless I'm just stoopid, it appears IH8MUD images can no longer be copied from the site. Only urls can.......again, it may be me, so.......) In any event, you can see what the dark brown carpet looks like in a tan (oak) interior 100 (obviously, this owner had his seat color changed, but you can see the difference in color on the other interior pieces). Also, I'm in the process of changing my grey carpet to dark grey, so one I get it installed, I'll shoot photos of that as well. (Personally, I really like the look of the darker carpets.)

I'm going to open a new thread soon, but in the meantime, 100 carpet is now available with all of the bugs of which I'm aware worked out. If you're interested in a set, please PM me with your wants, and I'll see if I can get them handled quickly.

Thanks for your patience. I believe it will have been worth the wait!
David
Hey @dnp . I sent you a PM. Getting ready to order this to go with the seat upholstery in the next week or two.

Very interested. Would love to see pictures of other installs/colors and the floor mats.

Is there any way to just get tailgate carpet for now? Or order full carpet of one color and the tailgate of another?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom