AVAILABLE NOW: 100 Series Carpet Sets and Mats! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am interested in this carpet as well. Can you please PM me with details as to how to order? Thank you!

@spc7669 what is the best shaped tool to pop those holders? thanks!
Brother, it’s been a minute since I installed it. I used an auto trim removal kit from Amazon. Worked like a charm. It has several tools in it that you can pick and choose based on the application. Kit was less than 20 bucks if my memory is correct.

Brother, it’s been a minute since I installed it. I used an auto trim removal kit from Amazon. Worked like a charm. It has several tools in it that you can pick and choose based on the application. Kit was less than 20 bucks if my memory is correct.
Yeah I just wasn’t sure if it was a weird trim tool or whatevs. Got er off no worries with this yun. All is good!

A2F1D2B5-5EC3-4BAA-A0FE-C612187E577F.jpeg

397E424F-542F-47A4-B76C-2D5B9519D41C.jpeg

611663EA-AAFC-4D9C-BCAC-8A94B3149D7B.jpeg

2C4C94DB-C8C6-46E2-A50C-681ECAAE1D8D.jpeg

40938668-32C3-4ED7-ABEC-5DFD2AC3CE15.jpeg

Question. Has anyone used sound deadening material under their new carpet? I'm considering carpet but would like to insulate if possible. Thanks

I got carpet yesterday, here's some pics straight out of the box. I installed the cargo area piece. I reused the original backing off the rear cargo area. I cut and glued it back on. I would for sure double up on the thickness of the padding for the rear cargo piece if you use the padding they send in the box.

You can see the contrast in the last photos. I have no idea what new carpet looked like.

I like it. it's slightly thinner. The padding stuff in the box is almost the same thickness, it doesn't have any special rubber sections like the original.

The padding for the main piece is already glued on where they thought it appropriate. I'm going to add some stuff like kilmat, that thin insulation for water heaters around the shifter area and whatever backing I have left over glued to the main piece, whenever I get to that.

Edited 3/16/19 , you absolutely need to add two times what they used for padding on the main piece. Probably 2.5 times. I added 3/8" to the gas tank/middle seat are and probably am adding more. The front floor board area needs about the same. It also seems like it's formed for this extra as it fits much nicer when you add more.
after I finish, I'll post again.

I'm pretty happy with it. I'm not too picky.. I did cut a piece of padding 1 inch smaller all around and glued that down to the tailgate fiberboard area before I glued that carpet on. the vinyl edge is big enough that you could put half inch closed cell foam, that would be better. I wasn't going to go get some. I just used the extra jute or whatever its called under there.

I don't know what to do about the hard rubber trim that goes halfway around the tailgate carpet piece. That stock piece is light gray. The vinyl surround on the new carpet is dark gray. I'm thinking no one would ever notice. I don't have any short staples though.

View attachment 1927698

View attachment 1927699

View attachment 1927700

View attachment 1927701

View attachment 1927702
So which ACC color code did this end up being? 9197 Medium Mocha or something lighter? Thanks, having a terrible time deciding even with a stack of samples :). Oh, and is this a tan interior truck?

Could we trouble you for some pics? Did you start with tan or gray interior?
Just saw this post. Sorry for the lengthy delay.

Below is mid-install of ebony standard cut pile on a 2000 with grey interior.

In my opinion, the dark carpet that closely matches the dash and upper doors looks a LOT better than the standard light gray that came in it!

100 Carpet 5.jpg
100 Carpet 2.jpg
100 Carpet 1.jpg

What is the best color to match the tops of the dashboard in an 04 LX with a tan interior? Ebony or mocha?

Thanks

Last edited:
What is the best color to match the tops of the dashboard in an 04 LX with a tan interior? Ebony or mocha?

Thanks
Definitely not Ebony. That's in the grey family, not brown. I don't have an LX dash to compare, but the Medium Mocha is a really good match for the door panel inserts and dash top on a Land Cruiser. IIRC, the LX is the same color dash, but I've not compared them directly. If you want a rich, dark complementary brown color, I'd go with the Dark Briar Brown.

yep! Product number and color options are the same as the 100 series

$ 260.00 plus shipping for carpet with regular poly backing
$ 366.00 plus shipping for carpet with mass backing

PM me if you additional info. Valerie
sorry, but we don't have the actual measurements of the differences in thickness, but here's some info from the manufacturer that might prove helpful...

"Mass Backing is a special upgrade backing that’s bonded to the back of your vehicle’s molded carpet. The material is a 45mil thick Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA) that makes your interior carpet heavier—providing more sound protection and heat insulation than the standard backing. It also makes the installation process easier and gives your vehicle a more luxurious look once completely installed. Around 1990, car manufacturers began to install mass backing as the standard backing. Therefore, late model car owners are encouraged to purchase the mass backing when replacing their car carpet if they wish to enjoy the same standards and level of comfort. Since mass backing provides excellent sound and heat protection by itself, there’s no need to install additional sound deadening material prior to laying down your carpet, which can save you time and money. Overall, mass backing creates a quieter, cooler, and more comfortable cabin for an all-around better driving experience."

With regard to photos of a tan carpet installation, it sounds like @spc7669 is willing to post upon completion......stay tuned
Would love to order this in the tan please pm with details. Just got my 99 LC. Super excited to find this thread.

Hello,

I am interested in a set of Black Carpet only with the mass backing. I DO NOT need the mats as I will simply re-use my weathertechs. Please PM me to start my order.

Also this far in how are you guys liking the carpet? so far, so good?

TIA.

Are there any pictures of the mass-backed set?

Sent in my info... I'll post pics once I get them.

The truck is ready for them. :cool:

@Tupelo Honey was very helpfull answering all my questions.

Yikes!.jpg

This mfr. doesn't have the capability to do headliners. Since the headliner is on a semi-rigid board, you should be able to recover yours in a different material.
It has a very similar look and feel, but the backing itself is not as thick as OEM. There's no way an aftermarket manufacturer can afford to invest the kind of money an OEM manufacturer could (or would) to reproduce something like this. The mfr, is assured of tens, maybe hundreds, of thousands of "orders," while the aftermarket mfr. is not assured of one. The other main difference is that the aftermarket carpet costs the consumer just a fraction of what OEM carpet would cost. I will say that, even at almost double the cost, the mass-backed carpet we sell is worth considering. I just installed some in mine, and alsthough much more difficult to "handle" - due to increased weight and less flexibility - it has the added feature of a built-in sound deadener a little more stiffness. Sort of a two-for-one installation.

Either style is a pretty profound change from worn or stained OEM carpet
Would you say the mass backed carpet is the same thickness as OEM? Also, what’s the closest color match to 04 grey LC interior? TIA!

Would you say the mass backed carpet is the same thickness as OEM? Also, what’s the closest color match to 04 grey LC interior? TIA!
I'll let you know when I get mine.

I ordered the mask backed in grey.

Reactions: LCT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom