Builds AussieHJCruza's HDJ80 acquisition and build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's funny, but if I'm not mistaken, we have more "outback" here in the Western U.S. Than the outback does! Yet everythinthing sold here is as if it's not intended to ever leave a parking lot! Nice truck

:lol: Nicely said! @Zimbwanabe, yeah, but the impression I get is that Toyota is not interested in the relatively small market that want a cruiser for that purpose. They're trying to appeal to the masses. Makes me a bit sad, but at least we get diesel and the 70 series...You guys don't even!

yes but they have more things in there outback that can kill you and eat you. hell Even their spiders are badass.

We have more things in our shoe closet that can kill you......... than you have in the "outback" .:)

yeah, killed a brownie this season already... a small one but still, it means that they are around.

I found a rattlesnake in the oil dranpan under my work bench, and scorpions in the dog food bowl. How come I never notice this stuff until I've already reached into or under something and start walking with it? It ends up scaring the crap out of me, and I hurl it like it just turned red hot!

We're not too bad for snakes around this area - there's a big blue tongue (as in 4-500mm long) that I've made friends with that lives in our shed. Apparently snakes don't like them, so they keep away.

My ex raises turkeys, says they kill snakes.Who knows .....she be crazy..I know shovels do ....kill snakes that is ...not crazy ex's

@mikaelrules
This is the hoses and clamps for coolant hoses (heater, turbo feed, radiator etc) and v-belts

CLAMP Toyota 96111 10490
PIPE, RUBBER Toyota 16571 17010
HOSE, RUBBER Toyota 16264 17011
CLAMP Toyota 90466 41008
CLAMP Toyota 96111 10530
BELT Toyota 99332 11260
PIPE, RUBBER Toyota 16572 17010
HOSE, RUBBER Toyota 16284 17010
PIPE, RUBBER Toyota 16285 17010
FASTENER Toyota 90467 15022
BELT Toyota 90916 02452
HOSE, RUBBER Toyota 16261 17010

Thanks! A big help!

No worries, glad to help. If you like, please put up a couple of pics of your 80!

Nice truck, when your talking about suspension does your driving in SA really warrant flexi coils? Iv had them and was really disappointed with them. Mine were dobinsons and they sagged really quickly and the ride quality was crap. I put this down to them putting more coils in to make them flexi the top 1/4 of the coils are stacked on each other doing nothing for the ride. The slinky ones auto craft make would work better as the coils don't stack at the top. I'd also save for longer and get really good shocks like kings or icons. Be way more fun to drive with the fast and rough 4wding SA has to offer rather then the slow rock crawling that needs heaps of flex. My truck just has 2" lift king shocks and 35s and is heaps of fun to drive so smooth and fast on the rough stuff.

That sounds like what I'm after. Care to share some more details on the springs and shocks, and what the wallet damage is likely to be?

If you search my posts you will find a thread on my car. Dollar wise I brought mine from down south in the states and old man emu coils here. All up cost around 3 grand at the time just have to watch the US dollar can effect the price a bit. Sounds like a lot of money but the ride is like nothing else on the rough stuff and make the car handle allot better on the road. They can be rebuilt so only a big investment the once

No worries, glad to help. If you like, please put up a couple of pics of your 80!

My 80 looks almost exactly like yours! Same color. Any idea what the color was officially called? As far as I know, Toyota here in the Philippines only released a single variant (1HDT, manual transmission, part time transfer case, barn doors--pretty much everything the guys in the US can't get :D)

The truck only has around 80,000 miles on it but the previous owner seemed to have left it sitting unused outdoors for a few years straight until I got it last June so there are some stuff that needs refreshing.

Here are some pics! Please don't mind the hideous chrome wheels and chrome trim. They will be changed out soon!

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

Nice, sorry, I haven't been able to find out what the colour is called. Others might be able to chime in.

That's interesting that they did a barn door/part-time HDJ80 - I didn't know that, and one day I saw a barn-door 80, had front hubs so presume part-time, and it had the "Turbo" badges on it, but I thought the 1HD only came in the wide-body models, so I presumed it was an aftermarket job. Maybe not?

The only colour code I can find that looks similar is 4K1 - Beige metallic, but it doesn't look quite right.

I agree, beige metallic is the closest I can find, but then this chart only addresses US models from the data on the left side. Not sure if that means there's other colors available in other markets though.

LC91.png

This arrived yesterday...all the way back inside the chassis, so it eliminates the PIA chassis crossover after the dump pipe from the factory.
MANTA Exhaust.jpg

Anyone know where I can get a turbo outlet-dump pipe gasket?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom