Aussie owners - anyone recognize this rear bumper spindle for attaching a spare tire carrier? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CHILLCAT

SILVER Star
Threads
I have an Aussie import HJ61. It looks like someone fabricated a couple spindles onto the 2 edges of the rear bumper to attach a jerry can and spare tire carrier.

Do any Aussie owners recognize this thing? I'm hoping I can track down the other parts to create the hinge (I have a friend that can fab a carrier at that point).

Thanks in advance!

IMG_20211012_182950.jpg

That looks like a Kaymar bumper.

Castle nut, seal and dust shield.
You will also need 1 cotter pin and the races for the bearings and a steel tube that is machined for the races

image.jpg

Kaymar changed the spindle size a few years ago. If memory serves the new spindle is a larger diameter.

I have an Aussie import HJ61. It looks like someone fabricated a couple spindles onto the 2 edges of the rear bumper to attach a jerry can and spare tire carrier.

Do any Aussie owners recognize this thing? I'm hoping I can track down the other parts to create the hinge (I have a friend that can fab a carrier at that point).

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 2819207
My spindle measurements are 35mm for the larger bearing and 25mm for the smaller one.
103 mm long, measuring from the bottom of the bottom bearing to the top of the threads

Holy smokes! I knew you guys could narrow it down. I'll see if I can measure mine and narrow down if I have the same size.

Thanks for posting the parts and the bearing info! My machinist buddy can likely help me with everything else.

Cheers!

As @cruiserdan stated , it is the older spindle. I would simply contact Kaymar, or Cruiser Brothers (US Kaymar rep) and try to order the parts. If they don't sell anymore they should have all the bearing #s and thread dims.

Kaymar sold to APG a few years ago so older parts may be non existent, but the numbers should be available.

J

Completely kaymar. You can get parts for them still. A friend ordered a tire carrier for a similar vintage one. It was like $700 plus shipping.

Mine is the same and it’s a 1992 build.

3222CA89-31F1-48BE-AF3D-EC7ADF621F87.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom