At Witt's End with Witt's End (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ordered some much needed bushing press tools from Witt's End in mid-June which showed in stock. Looked great and was very excited. Credit card charged and awaited my order. After 3 weeks w/o any word, I sent an email to check in. No response. Been checking my spam box also. Another week, sent two more emails...one direct and one through website to see if he was still in business. No response. Then I get an email saying my order was cancelled. No communication. Now I get on Mud and find that he has a post indicating has just finished fabricated and shipping out the exact tools I need. Maybe I didn't make the cut or I am not a priority customer.

A little communication would go along way. Get back to people.
If you show something is in stock, that does not equal "I am taking orders". If you operate by taking bulk orders, fine, just be up front about it.

In summary, @NLXTACY held onto my money for a month, cancelled my order, and I still have a repair to do and could have gone another way with my purchase. I wanted to support a Mud vendor so much but this was pretty lame experience.

(Wits’ End)

If you got refunded it’s because you asked for a refund.

Other press tools orders went out on Monday.

3C37A579-F688-475F-8996-6B9ABE8838A0.jpeg

Last edited:
I absolutely did not ask for a refund. I asked for an update on my order. Please get organized around your customers. I was underwhelmed and now I am very annoyed.

Just to help you with your recollection, here was my July 3 email:
"Looking to get status update for Order #24150"

my July 10 email:
"I haven't heard back from you on my last weeks correspondence or received any notification of shipping for my order that was paid almost a month ago. Starting to wonder if what is up. Can you please let me know order status. Thanks"

Not sure where it says I cancelled the order. You cancelled my order.

This is why it was refunded

“I’m preparing to request a charge back on my credit card for the order but before I do I wanted to reach out this way as well.”

“I’m preparing to request a charge back on my credit card for the order but before I do I wanted to reach out this way as well.”
I don't understand why you couldn't have just followed up on my emails and said that the items were preparing to ship. Or replied to above. I gave you many opportunities to give me an update. Never asked for you to cancel order, just asked for update.

I think he is a bit sensitive about a threat of a charge back at the moment, as I just did one last week...and it probably doesn't look that great with his CC processor if he gets too many...

As for my issue, I went through this recently with Wits End but I did ask for a refund after zero response to any communication after 30 days, when nothing was shipped, and then I had to dispute the charge with my CC. My CC has since refunded me.

I have been ordering parts online for decades and this is the first time I have had to dispute a charge....and I have always approved a delay in shipping if a vendor requests it....that is the key part...vendor must request it (as required by the law).

No one is above the law. I don't care who you are...

Another thread about this issue was just in "Bad Sellers - Buyer Beware". It was deleted by the OP, which is too bad (Edited to add that the OP just deleted the title, thread is still there: . - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/1257024/ )

Under the law, companies are required to automatically process a refund for orders* after 30 days unless they get prior approval from a customer for further day. This is the law. This automatic refund is 100% responsibility of the company...a consumer doesn't have to communicate at all. Placing any blame on the consumer, as some do here when it comes to Wits End, is absolutely ridiculous...

To remind people, don't let your deadlines pass as a consumer. You lose all ability to dispute a charge if you wait too long, usually 60 days after a charge appears on your statement. Remember folks...once you have been charged, a clock starts that will eventually cause your rights to expire...

Recently, I have been ordering a ton of parts from various ih8mud vendors (Rugged Bound, Delta VS, OTRAMM, Overland Metric, Rock Auto, etc) and the only one I have had trouble with is Wits End. I don't have time to chase vendors about orders, especially when they fail to respond to multiple attempts at communication...

*orders for items shown to be in stock. Custom manufactured parts still require customer approval for delayed shipping, which is done before the order is even made.

Last edited:
This also the only Mud vendor I have had a problem with as well. He got pretty chatty all of sudden. Wish he had been that communicative previously. Notice there is no offer to make things right either.

Last edited:
Under the law, companies are required to automatically process a refund for orders* after 30 days unless they get prior approval from a customer for further day. This is the law. This automatic refund is 100% responsibility of the company...a consumer doesn't have to communicate at all. Placing any blame on the consumer, as some do here when it comes to Wits End, is absolutely ridiculous...

To remind people, don't let your deadlines pass as a consumer. You lose all ability to dispute a charge if you wait too long, usually 60 days after a charge appears on your statement. Remember folks...once you have been charged, a clock starts that will eventually cause your rights to expire...

Sometimes I think it would be cool to start a small business, but then I see something like this and the desire instantly goes away. Thanks for the sobering reminder that the American customer is the worst type of human on this planet.

Sometimes I think it would be cool to start a small business, but then I see something like this and the desire instantly goes away. Thanks for the sobering reminder that the American customer is the worst type of human on this planet.

Seriously? Hyperbole much? Relax...this is just about ordering crap that most of us don't actually need to live...

I regret the decision daily.

tens of thousands of shipments and 7000 customers but if you aren’t perfect for five of them they make sure their .0001% voice is heard. Is what it is and I move on.

I have to push back here, I don't think you're being fair. As someone who owns and runs two small businesses (one is a dental practice, the other is an e-commerce storefront), I agree that customers can be difficult. That being said, a service provider has a responsibility to communicate with their customers.

As a mechanic I try to keep my customer base happy and generally do but, sometimes there will be that odd customer that will not be happy regardless of how back flips you do!

You can please most of the people most of the time, but never all the people all the time.

The ball does get dropped on ocassion but we try to pick it up and carry on......but we will carry on.

Regards

Dave

This is not how I would like to be treated by a vendor, will keep that in mind for the future... It takes 2 seconds to write an email that says the part will be shipped soon or will be delayed. Communication is key.

This is not how I would like to be treated by a vendor, will keep that in mind for the future... It takes 2 seconds to write an email that says the part will be shipped soon or will be delayed. Communication is key.
If I had one product and one customer, absolutely. Across 514 products that change outside of my control on the daily spread out over 400 orders a week? As one person. No. I will accept my failings and move on.

If I had one product and one customer, absolutely. Across 514 products that change outside of my control on the daily spread out over 400 orders a week? As one person. No. I will accept my failings and move on.
Just thinking out loud here: instead of having a "I'm not going to change attitude", why not hire someone part-time time to answer emails for 1 hour a day and pay them CA minimum wage = $14 per day? Seems better than pissing off a bunch customers due to zero communication and then losing their business in the future.

Just thinking out loud here: instead of having a "I'm not going to change attitude", why not hire someone part-time time to answer emails for 1 hour a day and pay them CA minimum wage = $14 per day? Seems better than pissing off a bunch customers due to zero communication and then losing their business in the future.

im guessing you don’t run a business in a city in a post-covid world? And I’m not in CA.

So outsource and get a virtual assistant who lives in India :p Didn't you ever read "The 4-Hour Workweek"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom