ARB Combo bumper and Smittybuilt 12k winches (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone put any of the Smittybuilt 12k winches into the combo bumper ('99 Toyota Landcruiser) ? Do they fit as is, or do they need modifications to get it to work?

Thanks, I need to get a winch going, and been considering getting the Gen X2O, also considering Warn VR12-S GEN II 12000lb Winch.

Thanks

I had a similar shaped winch (Engo 12S) in my ARB deluxe on my 80. I had to make 3/8" spacer plates out of 316SS and get longer bolts to make it work. YMMV

Just installed a Smittybilt X20 10K winch on the ARB bumper. No problem. I believe the 10 and 12K are the same dimensions-according to Smittybilt website.
DSCN5321.jpg
DSCN5323.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone put any of the Smittybuilt 12k winches into the combo bumper ('99 Toyota Landcruiser) ? Do they fit as is, or do they need modifications to get it to work?

Thanks, I need to get a winch going, and been considering getting the Gen X2O, also considering Warn VR12-S GEN II 12000lb Winch.

Thanks

I was thinking of adding a Smitty but instead I found a Warn M12000, serviced it and added a synthetic line for less of what it would cost me the Smitty.
Consider that option

I was thinking of adding a Smitty but instead I found a Warn M12000, serviced it and added a synthetic line for less of what it would cost me the Smitty.
Consider that option
I've considered that as well, and I've looked, but every used Warn winch I've seen for sale has been almost the cost of a new one. For 1/2 the price, I can get the Smitty, with synthetic, with a 5 year warranty. At this point, it's likely I'll sell my 100 series before the warranty is up, and move on to my next cruiser.

Thanks for this thread. Can we get a consensus on what fits and what doesn't on the ARB 03+ combo bar...

I've got the 12,000lbs Comeup DV12s in there with no issues and love it. Solid winch, have had to use it a handful of times, definitely would recommend.

I have the +03 ARB with a WARN VR 12k Gen 2

Direct bolt, no modifications.

I did rotate the clutch end for easier access

Bought the mounting plate to install solenoid box on top of bumper but could have easily mounted under the hood with a little creativity

HTH

C46E1123-198F-4160-A761-38D69E4B0ADE.png

Correct. Mine are the Hyperspot version - there are 15 +/- versions of light pattern for this light.

How are you liking the hyperspots? I've been looking for a more "focused" long range beam to compliment my "driving" lights.

How are you liking the hyperspots? I've been looking for a more "focused" long range beam to compliment my "driving" lights.

They are pricey, but very badass! It is amazing how far these can throw light in a straight line which is perfect for my setup. My HID lows, LED highs, and LED fogs take care of everything up close, and the Rigid's take that intensity within your field of view and casts it further than you can see. Most light bars, which I have on the rear, cannot produce the quality and intensity these lights provide. Of course, light bars are designed to to illuminate a broader field of view at shorter distances.

I have been meaning to document the light output, so I will keep you updated.

They are pricey, but very badass! It is amazing how far these can throw light in a straight line which is perfect for my setup. My HID lows, LED highs, and LED fogs take care of everything up close, and the Rigid's take that intensity within your field of view and casts it further than you can see. Most light bars, which I have on the rear, cannot produce the quality and intensity these lights provide. Of course, light bars are designed to to illuminate a broader field of view at shorter distances.

I have been meaning to document the light output, so I will keep you updated.

I've been considering running 2 Rigid Pro Cubes hyperspots off my roof rack with the 9" driving lights on the bumper. Figure the higher up I have the hyperspots, the better it would be.

Very nice! That's exactly what I'm looking for: focused light cast downfield with little to no bleed. Guess I'll be placing an order for mine this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom