ARB Bp-51 vs. King 2.5 BP (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I started with BP-51s and now run Kings. The SPC & Kings setup has been trouble free. No temperature related issues, I have run them pretty hard from negative 25 in AK & the Yukon to over 130 degrees Fahrenheit in NM- I am currently running a 700 spring rate coil over and run 275 psi of nitrogen with a winch and ARB Bumper up front, I tried 800 lb spring rate coils on the front and they were two stiff for my tastes. Ideally I would love a 750 spring rate coil, I went as fare as investigating customer manufactured coils. The compression adjustors as well. After playing with the compression settings I have settled in on a setting and not messed with them much. They are very easy to adjust the setting on. The King 3 inch have both rebound and compression settings.

Guys, thanks for the updates on Kings!

Could you post summary with details, ideally part numbers of setups you running? Including springs, etc. Also where did you get them and how much they were would super helpful! Thanks!

For a 2” lift, what’s the hub to wheel fender measurement? I got mine with blown shocks and sagging springs. So I don’t really know if my kings r actually giving me a +2 over stock

I'd recommend checking out the Radflo 2.5 IFP as well. That's what I went with, as it was 90% of the performance of remote reservoir, adjustment is really unnecessary in my opinion, and they have steel bodies and collars. I've adjusted with the coilovers on the truck, on a jack (to level the ride). I've been very happy with the increased handling and damping of the body motions. Cost was right in between remote reservoir BP51s and Kings and the lower end welded tube stuff like OME. No leaks, squeaks, or problems 4,000 miles in and I don't drive like a grandma. The SPC UCA's are the way to go. Most adjustability, and dead silent.

Cold weather clunk is long gone. They fixed the issue. 40k miles on my BP51s.

Yet another thread on suspension.....
I am looking to upgrade my suspension on my 08 and have narrowed my list down to the King 2.5 and ARB bp-51's. I already talked with Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters and he has me leaning towards the ARB but I keep thinking that the ARB 2.0 is weaker than the 2.5 kings. Since our 200's are so heavy this is a concern but I admit that I tend to overthink these type of things ;) No matter what i will purchase from Cruiser Outfitters and have them do the install as Kurt has never let me down with my cruiser and 4-runner builds.

Either way I'm going to run the front at 1.5-2 inch of lift and leave the rear at stock height (stock springs). Even though its not 100% necessary I will be running SPC upper control arms. The only armor I'm adding to this build will be slee sliders and ARB skids. I'm running 275/70/18 BFG KO2's on stock 08 wheels.

Let me know your thoughts.
First comment or post. I have same 08 and down to 3 options including your 2. Wondering what you selected and thoughts at this point? Disregard if you posted further down in the thread

Thanks,

Mack

I got kings 2.5 on mine in the San Francisco Bay Area. Anyone have BP51 and wanna do a ride comparison? Leggo! Write up!

Thanks for quick reply. This rig is in CO and not many local (state) shops have mentioned King... mostly OME ad Radflo. Conversely, I had more than several shops in TX push King for my 2015 in TX. I plan to add ARB metal front and rear along with Slee sliders. Gobi rack on top with lighter accessories and no plans for trailer or storage drawers etc. I put limited miles in and around small mountain town on mostly improved dirt road / trails. BUT, there are some significant inclines and billion rocks getting to camp sites and fish spots etc. Basically, I shooting for the sweet spot between similar stock ride and industrial grade product I don't have to mess with. Way to many projects and hobbies...

Thanks for quick reply. This rig is in CO and not many local (state) shops have mentioned King... mostly OME ad Radflo. Conversely, I had more than several shops in TX push King for my 2015 in TX. I plan to add ARB metal front and rear along with Slee sliders. Gobi rack on top with lighter accessories and no plans for trailer or storage drawers etc. I put limited miles in and around small mountain town on mostly improved dirt road / trails. BUT, there are some significant inclines and billion rocks getting to camp sites and fish spots etc. Basically, I shooting for the sweet spot between similar stock ride and industrial grade product I don't have to mess with. Way to many projects and hobbies...
Also, can someone clarify clod weather or altitude issues with known brands. I'm in CO at 9,000-10,000'

Kings are really popular amongst 4runner and tacos. If you find a shop that works on a lot of tacos and t4r, you can ask them about it. The reason why I went with kings is because I rode in tacos and t4r with kings and loved it.

Was in the same boat as you. I would call around a few shops and get different opinions. I think you will ultimately need to get a custom set up given what I have learned and given your car set up. Keep in mind the international 200's are set up different than ours and its unlikely an off the shelf system will be ideal. You can see what I have been going through here King 3.0 or BP-51

Was in the same boat as you. I would call around a few shops and get different opinions. I think you will ultimately need to get a custom set up given what I have learned and given your car set up. Keep in mind the international 200's are set up different than ours and its unlikely an off the shelf system will be ideal. You can see what I have been going through here King 3.0 or BP-51
U r right about USDM vs the rest of the world. I’ve had to make some adjustments to my king setup

Got King on my 200 & 80 and they’re great. Love Australian made stuff but the BP51s aren’t at the same level. Haven’t owned them on a 200 but on a 79 series they weren’t that flash.

65F8FD1E-DFC7-4949-9AA5-4BDC0673941F.jpeg

6E623284-04E8-480D-AECF-7E410B1CEB0F.jpeg

EB7B290C-25F8-48C7-8B09-79E743BF47AC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom