ARB 3” Lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Most new guys make the OME stinkbug mistake then have to spend more money to fix it.
A level lift would be adding a 30mm coil spacer to your front coils which would net you a 4.5 to 5" of lift.
2nd option is to replace the 863J with an 863 coils. (They are going to tell you the rear L shock is to long for the 863 but the L shock will be just fine with the L shocks.)
3rd option is dont be in a hurry to lift, get educated by doing some reading on ih8mud then pulling the trigger later once you have knowledge of better products out there then just single rate coil suspension.
Installed 850J/863 L shocks approx 3.5" of lift.
image-2967535198-jpg.768827

Compiled coil, shock & suspension spec thread for 80 series.
BA1B3AD9-EF4C-4087-A9DC-EEB3EEF106F8.jpeg

This is what I have ordered per OME for 35” tires on my 97 LX 450. Thoughts anyone? Thanks

The purpose of recommending heavies was IF he were to add weight to the rear.
Yes, i wasn't referring to your comments but to the ARB rep that told him the ride would be good with heavies and no added weight. I've run mediums on a tacoma with no added weight and it was jarring - rides great once I installed bumpers and winch. I personally wouldn't do heavies unless i had bumpers and such - but thats just me.

Yes, i wasn't referring to your comments but to the ARB rep that told him the ride would be good with heavies and no added weight. I've run mediums on a tacoma with no added weight and it was jarring - rides great once I installed bumpers and winch. I personally wouldn't do heavies unless i had bumpers and such - but thats just me.
I believe the 80 series weighs a little more than the Tacoma if that makes any difference. The availability of the mediums is the problem, nobody seems to have the for a 3” lift. Thanks for your feedback, this is a great information site.

I believe the 80 series weighs a little more than the Tacoma if that makes any difference. The availability of the mediums is the problem, nobody seems to have the for a 3” lift. Thanks for your feedback, this is a great information site.
yes, for sure the 80 is heavier. However, they should be building the springs vehicle specific so 80 springs would be different than a tacoma anyway. This thread is good info for me as well as I will be lifting my 80 soon. Debating which lift to go with too.

Last edited:
Don’t forget extended brake lines and possibly sway bar drop brackets…

Do a Search on this forum for extended brake lines from Toyota. Someone has posted the part numbers somewhere.

As far as sway bar drop blocks, not sure, mine were installed from the PO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom