April 2022 rolling out now: check 1st post. 3 Models 25% so far. (1 Viewer)

What temperature do you set your fridge at?

• 0°F - I like using it for Meats, Ice Cream and other Frozen Foods!

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • 27°F - Just seafood for me!

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • 40°F - I use it as a normal refridgerator (drinks, vegetables, fruits, leftovers and etc).

Votes: 50 82.0%
  • 45-65°F - Why would anybody waste that precious refritgerated space on anything but Wine!??

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@CowboyTaco The temperature stabilized after the first couple hours and is now within the +/-4. It is also empty so you're probably right.

On page 5 of the manual is says "Note: A battery charger may only be connected to the battery when the Fridge/Freeze has been disconnected from the DC source." Seems strange.
I assume they mean an AC charger shouldn’t be used while you are drawing power from battery via DC. You’re fine with your car though since it’s DC. I wouldn’t worry about it and my guess is it’s there for people in other countries who use this in their homes/AC to charge.

This is how I interpret that as well. Don't have the fridge running while you have a car battery charging from a wall charger. The battery being charged by the alternator in everyday fashion should be perfectly fine.

Here is CLOSE to the finalized version. @CowboyTaco i want to get a different version done for Tacomaworld, so if you have any ideas please let me know. This is the base image that i will edit from. Not sure if i should make a MUD+Tacomaworld teaming up kind of theme, or if i should keep them as separate mud/tacomaworld templates. You just let me know if you have any ideas brother. I will resume this later today after i am done with my errands.

Thanks again everyone!

August-Group-Buy---September-Update.png

Last edited:
@soup222002 - guess the updated graphic answers that question.

@SharpeCat - Thanks for this. Just ordered a JP30. maybe a slide at a later date
My pleasure brother, and thank you to you as well. Your support and kind words are much appreciated!

@CowboyTaco do you know the image upload resolution limits for Tacomaworld? I believe mud has a 1280x1280 limit is why I design these by those dimensions, but TacomaWorld may have different image upload limits. Just let me know if you know and if not I’m sure I can easily do a search to find it.

Last edited:
Anyone have a VL45 / VL60 slide that can measure the actual inside dimensions of the tray?

Was going to buy the JP slide today but of course it went off-discount for some reason -and I'm not holding my breath for a call-back or text answer before the weekend is over.

My VL65 also came in today and was damaged. I really had no concerns that it wouldn’t be made right until reading the other forum members post. I’ll give Lu the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise, he took care of my order after they lost the first one after giving me a tracking # that didn’t update for a week -sent a text today but it would have been close to their closing time: havent heard back yet. Hopefully everything is on the up and up with shipping insurance - I did pay $2 extra for shipping (no idea why - thought maybe it would get here faster so selected it) and ends well.
Also: this unit will be paired to a Zamp 100w panel and Zeti Goal Zero 1250 for I hope continuous use.
70A7CE3F-2007-4556-B932-4337691ED1B7.jpeg
82B7904B-4483-48C9-ADAF-3F022E509FC2.jpeg

My VL65 also came in today and was damaged. I really had no concerns that it wouldn’t be made right until reading the other forum members post. I’ll give Lu the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise, he took care of my order after they lost the first one after giving me a tracking # that didn’t update for a week -sent a text today but it would have been close to their closing time: havent heard back yet. Hopefully everything is on the up and up with shipping insurance - I did pay $2 extra for shipping (no idea why - thought maybe it would get here fas]ter so selected it) and ends well.
Also: this unit will be paired to a Zamp 100w panel and Zeti Goal Zero 1250 for I hope continuous use. View attachment 2424692View attachment 2424693
[/QUOTE
My VL65 also came in today and was damaged. I really had no concerns that it wouldn’t be made right until reading the other forum members post. I’ll give Lu the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise, he took care of my order after they lost the first one after giving me a tracking # that didn’t update for a week -sent a text today but it would have been close to their closing time: havent heard back yet. Hopefully everything is on the up and up with shipping insurance - I did pay $2 extra for shipping (no idea why - thought maybe it would get here faster so selected it) and ends well.
Also: this unit will be paired to a Zamp 100w panel and Zeti Goal Zero 1250 for I hope continuous use. View attachment 2424692View attachment 2424693

Keep us up to date on the status of the offer for restitution. I am finding it odd that so many if these units are arriving damaged. When I saw a YouTube video of an unboxing of a VL60, it had an extra layer of protection that I didn't have on mine. Mine just came in just a single taped up cardboard box, and the damage is really quite odd. I've studied the photo that you posted, and that's just weird damage.

So far, I've been offered a new plastic cover piece and $40 partial refund. The things is, the plastic corner piece doesn't appear to be replaceable without prying it from the metal casing which would damage the metal lid. With that said, I've asked for a replacement lid. But, that doesn't resolve the moderately sized dent.

Those of you that have gotten your fridge, how long did it take from ordering to getting a tracking number?

I recall getting the confirmation of ordering the fridge on the day after ordering. There was an order code and tracking link. But, the tracking status was stagnant until a week later. Once the fridge got moving, It arrived another week later. Ultimately, it took approx 2 wks to receive the fridge after ordering.

I have a dent on the other side that is nearly identical to yours as well: here is how mine arrived - the straps are were on there from the vendor or UPS.
3B8BB598-78FA-45D3-9BCD-648F323B026E.jpeg
0F530791-16E3-4833-BFB5-0289BF149826.jpeg
CDCEE1B4-65F1-4E6B-BF95-C022CFDA1571.jpeg

In using about 360 watts /24hr to keep at 32 degrees. Dual zone VL 60 with cover. Not opening the lids and nothing inside. I found it was about double that (750watts)to keep it at 0 degrees.

As far as continuous use, you should be good. My VL45 only uses about 20 watt hour per hour after initial cooling was done. During initial cooling the compressor was on full time so it had a higher average of about 50 then. 20watt hours times 24 Is 480 watt hours per day. If your 100 panel can pull about 60 watts for 8 hours a day, then you won’t need to tap into your battery banks stored power; which you got enough to last almost 3 days without needing to recharge. I’d say you’re pretty well off! @silver02accord has a bag for insulation and gets 25% better efficiency than me even with the bigger size, but I did use mine during second half of testing So that does skew the numbers a little.

As far as the dent and damaged corner protector/missing screw, I would keep checking on Lu every few days. He can be busy and slow sometimes but he will always make things right. In the mean time, I would see if you can find a small screw and secure the metal plate back into the corner. @wlittleman on my VL, each corner piece is held on by 2 screws and are easily removable. Give me a second I’ll get you a clip from when I opened mine.

I do appreciate you boys meeting Lu in the middle, and i hope things get sorted out in a way that is fair to everyone. Please keep us updated on your statuses.

Last edited:
whats the main difference between the VL series & the JP series, other than looks?
Biggest one is weight/portability; the TRs (that will be replacing the JPs) will have wheels on them. The VLs are metal construction and the JPs/TRs are plastic as well.

Other than that they are pretty similar, with the biggest component being the same compressor, and i imagine that the electronics/condenser core will be similar as well. Thanks for the interest, and please let us know if you have any other questions!

Last edited:
Tomorrow will be a week since I ordered a JP50. I haven't received a tracking number or any shipping notice up to now. Hopefully they still have JPs and can fulfill my order.

Tomorrow will be a week since I ordered a JP50. I haven't received a tracking number or any shipping notice up to now. Hopefully they still have JPs and can fulfill my order.
Thank you for the update. You are welcome to text them and give them your order number and ask for a shipping update, either via the number on their site or via Lu’s number. If you don’t get a reply from that then let us know and I will do what I can to get an update for you. Keep us posted and thanks again!

F0F2BC98-46B9-4457-AE09-13CD691691C3.png

2AD2E2F7-7C36-40ED-8550-A661C6E9D0D8.png

Is there anywhere online to learn more about the TR models? I'm thinking of ordering a JP50 but now that there is a new model coming, it might be worth waiting? Trying to figure that out.

Is there anywhere online to learn more about the TR models? I'm thinking of ordering a JP50 but now that there is a new model coming, it might be worth waiting? Trying to figure that out.
Last I heard was that they are in stock, but I still don’t have any information on them otherwise. No specs and no ship date available yet, but Lu did say he would send me one to unbox and review for you guys; so if I get that before they post specs on site, then I’ll get you guys info.

Only thing we know for sure is that one of our members saw them laying in the lobby when he went to pick up his order, and that when they are ready to ship, that it will have an introductory discount that is a little higher than 25% off.

We got the iCooler and expandable this week though! Very excited about adding those to our list!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom