April 2022 rolling out now: check 1st post. 3 Models 25% so far. (5 Viewers)

What temperature do you set your fridge at?

• 0°F - I like using it for Meats, Ice Cream and other Frozen Foods!

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • 27°F - Just seafood for me!

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • 40°F - I use it as a normal refridgerator (drinks, vegetables, fruits, leftovers and etc).

Votes: 50 82.0%
  • 45-65°F - Why would anybody waste that precious refritgerated space on anything but Wine!??

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I appreciate your passion for the product but this is not a replacement corner cap or minor damage. View attachment 2426850View attachment 2426851

It is a burden to file claims and I empathize with Lu and Iceco; it’s a pain in the ass, I’ve been there which is why I pointed out having to go through the process myself on the seller side . But, it’s the sellers burden not the customers. I paid $600+ to Iceco and they are obligated to get me the product as described or refund the money back; and when they cannot provide the product due to a shipping loss it does not negate their responsibility in the transaction; they are still on the hook for the obligation.

If Iceco is choosing to “self insure” by not adding and paying for coverage of the declared value that is a risk they decided to take for themselves-it does not negate their responsibly in the sale or transfer risk to the buyer. Their instructions on their own site instruct people shipping items back for warranty to insure the package.

I would have been happy with several different outcomes; sending a replacement (I’m not covering their shipping cost back) or even sending a different product of equal value (that maybe impacts their finances less than fully refunding me and I’m all for that) or a refund. I would have even considered a partial refund but $30 was a slap in the face

A “reputable” company is simply one with an established reputation - Iceco doesn’t really have that here in the states for this product line, several in the forum asked questions related to this. In this day and age - the way Iceco is trying to handle damaged shipments is not a good practice, ultimately for their reputation and for them; or for those of us hoping they will be around in the future if we need warranty repairs. What really needs to happen is you and Lu digest this feedback from a customer who cares and improve the process.

I can tell from your post above you are pretty emotional about this; I am not.

I don’t think it’s helpful to tell a forum member they really aren’t needed in the forum the minute they point out something negative about Iceco or their experience.

You set yourself up as the middle man to help forum members with customer service issues - “just leave the forum”isn’t exactly excellent customer service or supporting the forum members.

Iceco offered me $30 reimbursement. I worked for an Internet sales company early in my career that shipped expensive metal boxes (Weber Grills) so understand that damage occurs and I also understand how damaged freight claims work. I don’t want to sour the group buy - I’m happy for everyone who received an un-damaged unit at a great price and it’s a cool unit (no pun intended) but that’s just an unacceptable business practice. I will file a dispute with PayPal and let Iceco figure it out. You get what you pay for probably isn’t a hard concept to sell in a Land Cruiser group (service and warranty is part of the expectation - especially upon receipt of a new purchase) -should have known better and went with reputable brand like Dometic/ARB.
Iceco offered me $30 reimbursement. I worked for an Internet sales company early in my career that shipped expensive metal boxes (Weber Grills) so understand that damage occurs and I also understand how damaged freight claims work. I don’t want to sour the group buy - I’m happy for everyone who received an un-damaged unit at a great price and it’s a cool unit (no pun intended) but that’s just an unacceptable business practice. I will file a dispute with PayPal and let Iceco figure it out. You get what you pay for probably isn’t a hard concept to sell in a Land Cruiser group (service and warranty is part of the expectation - especially upon receipt of a new purchase) -should have known better and went with reputable brand like Dometic/ARB.
Just talk with Lu regarding your case, please text him at 866-494-3797, he will work it out with you.

Just talk with Lu regarding your case, please text him at 866-494-3797, he will work it out with you.
@rsemidwest Talking to Lu directly is going to be your best bet, if you decide to try to work it out with ICECO directly instead of paypal. @cmw same for you bud. Please let us know what he decides to do, for reference for future members. @rsemidwest I apologize for the inconvenience and for the poor choice of words (overly dramatic) as well as overemphasizing the unreasonable part, and wish you boys the best of luck in getting this resolved in a way that is fair to you both.

Please include your order numbers and pictures of damage in the text, and let us know if you have trouble getting a response after the end of monday. Thanks @honghai66 much appreciated brother.

Last edited:
I contacted ICECO last Thursday about the status of my JP50 and they promptly emailed me back early Friday morning stating that my unit would be shipped soon and the tracking number would be provided "ASP." I was hoping to take the new fridge on my upcoming trip which is why i ordered it two weeks prior, but that definitely won't happen now since I still haven't received a tracking number, even after contacting them. I'm a bit disappointed but it's all good, I'll just take my trusty cooler on my trip. Now if my fridge comes damaged, I definitely won't be a happy customer.

I contacted ICECO last Thursday about the status of my JP50 and they promptly emailed me back early Friday morning stating that my unit would be shipped soon and the tracking number would be provided "ASP." I was hoping to take the new fridge on my upcoming trip which is why i ordered it two weeks prior, but that definitely won't happen now since I still haven't received a tracking number, even after contacting them. I'm a bit disappointed but it's all good, I'll just take my trusty cooler on my trip. Now if my fridge comes damaged, I definitely won't be a happy customer.
I'm sorry about that, Lu did warn me that they were low on JPs and i tried telling people on several occasions that it's not included in GB/took it off the price list. Then i noticed some members getting it delivered shortly after ordering from site (and discount applied) so i put it back as "limited/discontinued" into the GB list. I will take it out again.

As far as the damage, i have not seen a JP with a dent and my guess is due to the plastic construction. Really hope yours won't prove me wrong here but keep us posted regardless. Thanks brother and sorry again for the inconvenience.

I'm sorry about that, Lu did warn me that they were low on JPs and i tried telling people on several occasions that it's not included in GB/took it off the price list. Then i noticed some members getting it delivered shortly after ordering from site (and discount applied) so i put it back as "limited/discontinued" into the GB list. I will take it out again.

As far as the damage, i have not seen a JP with a dent and my guess is due to the plastic construction. Really hope yours won't prove me wrong here but keep us posted regardless. Thanks brother and sorry again for the inconvenience.

I don't belive quantity was the issue with mine since at1stpromise ordered his two days after mine and his is due to arrive today yet a shipping label hasn't even been created for mine. I belive someone just messed up my order. Like I mentioned it's all good. It's just a bit disappointing that even after contacting them my fridge still hasn't been shipped.

And FYI, i would ask lu to ask ICECO to make the boxes on the VLs a little thicker, but from my experience, you can't UPS-Proof a shipment so it will be in vain.

I'm just going to reiterate what @wlittleman said:

We just have to hope that vast majority will still arrive undamaged, and that Lu and ICECO will take proper care of the ones that do not.

@rsemidwest sorry again for giving you a hard time, and thank you for updating us on your order. I do appreciate the added transparency that you have contributed to the thread. That applies to everyone who received a dented unit and have left feedback/future feedback as well; the feedback from you is by far the most valuable tool we have for reference in terms of what future members can expect. No one likes surprises, and i don't like to keep on having to explain that these things can happen (with any brand, really). As much as i try to not mislead anyone, i can't jam everything into the first post and so things will get lost with time in all the posts. I will work on an FAQ for future GBs that will hopefully address the most common issues we run into/a guide on working with ICECO/our GB.

Thanks again everyone for all the patience and help.

I don't belive quantity was the issue with mine since at1stpromise ordered his two days after mine and his is due to arrive today yet a shipping label hasn't even been created for mine. I belive someone just messed up my order. Like I mentioned it's all good. It's just a bit disappointing that even after contacting them my fridge still hasn't been shipped.
That is unusual if in stock, and i really appreciate the update as well as your patience.

Planned to order the VL60 dual zone with cover today, and see that they are out of stock in both the 60 and 65. Does Lu have any idea when those will be back in, and is it still possible to somehow get an order in at the group buy price and have it shipped when back in stock?

Planned to order the VL60 dual zone with cover today, and see that they are out of stock in both the 60 and 65. Does Lu have any idea when those will be back in, and is it still possible to somehow get an order in at the group buy price and have it shipped when back in stock?
As far as discount goes, you should be okay because i know the TRs will extend the sale date whenever they are ready for orders.

I'll ask Lu about availability when they reopen on monday and report back here.

Received my vl35 today. Packaging was great and everything looks to be in order. I placed order on the first and shocked it arrived so quickly. First few concerns are the latched seem a bit gimmicky and small, also even when adjusted their tension is different between all the lids. Not sure of a fix for it, but a little concerned for the future tension of the latches but we will see.
Not sure if it was suppose to come with a standard 110 plug as well or just the 12v lighter one. So far happy with what I received and will give it a plug in later since I can’t plug it in the apartment currently due to the plug thing.

edit.. so looking back on the website it looks like the expandables don’t have the same power hookup and battery protection as the other vl series ones do. Kinda a disappointing part because I thought all vl series were the same. Slight bummer for me since I wanted to use this inside the apartment if need be from wall power, but I’m sure I’ll manage with an adapter.
A44FB39F-B9F9-4BBF-86CC-0DD4B136D6B1.jpeg
8BE384A4-2F44-4A57-9F69-C712B2BDEB29.jpeg
68CC9563-94CB-433E-B4E1-3475C478D16D.jpeg
D1B9BD07-AD18-441C-BFCC-B581DAEFF32C.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh wow I did not realize that either until you said something, seems the expandables are 12V fridges. Let us know how the adapter solution works for you. Sorry it didn’t meet your expectations and I will be sure to point it out on the info sheet I make to introduce members to the new models.

I keep procrastinating on mine, but one of my latches has the same issue with tension where it sits a little higher than it should, so it does not latch as firmly as the other. My plan is to lower the hole a little bit for the screws and lower the latch, following another members lead, and I will make a clip when I do it to hopefully help others who have the same issue. Main reason I haven’t done it is because It hasn’t bothered me much, but since it’s a simple fix I will do it tomorrow (need to wait for warehouse to open so I can borrow a drill bit).

Let us know how it works out for you. Any chance @NYC570 can borrow it for the weekend since you have no way to power it ;)!? I feel really bad for his order/tracking number being delayed/missing. If he was near me I would’ve gladly lent him my VL45.

Sorry I didn't follow up on my VL35 observations.

It is listed as coming with one cord - there are several 110v AC to 12v DC cigarette socket adapters on Amazon. 5 amps for about $10 should run this fridge and 10 amps for around $20 should run just about anything.

I had mentioned the absence of battery saving settings - there are low-voltage cutoff circuit boards available that will provide this function (also on Amazon) and I should be trying one soon.

That means the TRs must be right around the corner.

@wlittleman @rsemidwest let me know at the end of Monday if no response yet from Lu or someone at IceCo. It’s the end of the week so it will be hard to get an answer before Monday if you don’t get one by end of today. Just keep us posted fellas and I apologize for any inconvenience.
Not your fault SharpeCat. I totally appreciate that you set this up. Sometimes, this stuff happens...I just need to let others know what is going on so that other buyers know what can happen. If I had purchased this unit in Amazon or outside this group buy, I think I would be in the same predicament. Iceco is still emailing me and asked what side lid needs replacement. So the communication still continues...

Question from over at TacomaWorld:

I’d like to jump on the tr60 but don’t see it on the cite or how to order it.
Also wound like to see dimensions so I can check to make sure it’ll fit in the spot I want it

1.) What are the dimensions,
2.) When are they available to order, and
3.) How to order?

Not your fault SharpeCat. I totally appreciate that you set this up. Sometimes, this stuff happens...I just need to let others know what is going on so that other buyers know what can happen. If I had purchased this unit in Amazon or outside this group buy, I think I would be in the same predicament. Iceco is still emailing me and asked what side lid needs replacement. So the communication still continues...
I really appreciate the kind words brother.

@CowboyTaco I plan on checking in on the TRs on Monday. As of right now we only have prices and know that they are in stock.

@SharpeCat , I ended up ordering a JP50 (I know stock was and is low, and the TR is kind of sort of the replacement). I paid but haven’t gotten shipping confirm. It was last Wednesday, so only a few business days. Do you know what the ship time is on these guys?

@SharpeCat , I ended up ordering a JP50 (I know stock was and is low, and the TR is kind of sort of the replacement). I paid but haven’t gotten shipping confirm. It was last Wednesday, so only a few business days. Do you know what the ship time is on these guys?
No idea, I will check with Lu and see. Will report back here.

TR update: still no specs but I got a tracking number on a tr60. I will get you guys a close look as soon as it gets here!!

1Z8869Y30396874847

23D72B6B-70DB-43B0-BED1-642A9BBD1690.png

No idea, I will check with Lu and see. Will report back here.

TR update: still no specs but I got a tracking number on a tr60. I will get you guys a close look as soon as it gets here!!

1Z8869Y30396874847

View attachment 2429068
Thanks! Amazon had a few in stock. I’m guessing they allocate in a manner to keep some in stock for them, but I’m guessing production is fairly close at least!

Looking forward to the TR60 review

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom