Anyone had any experience with DVS+ICON "FULL KIT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So working on an my Epic build ever my goal is to have the best suspension possible on it, Stability off road (high speed) And enough flex for trails. Can someone tell me even @Delta VS if the DVS+ICON "FULL KIT will be my best kit ill be going with tunable. Any experience with this kit?

I have the full kit on my truck. It's an incredible set-up and the delta parts are really nice. Keep in mind though it comes with Icon springs which are light-medium duty. If you have bumpers/sliders/drawers/fridge/cinder blocks/etc. you will sag. I changed out my rear springs for slinky and now its perfect.

Of note, have a stack of various Dobinsons rear springs for different weight vehicles now. Haven’t gotten everything re-figured out since the change from actual variable taper springs to “VT”, but working on it.

Of note, have a stack of various Dobinsons rear springs for different weight vehicles now. Haven’t gotten everything re-figured out since the change from actual variable taper springs to “VT”, but working on it.
I'll be in touch. Making some repairs to the cruiser over winter but was planning to address the springs before wheeling season gets going again.

So working on an my Epic build ever my goal is to have the best suspension possible on it, Stability off road (high speed) And enough flex for trails. Can someone tell me even @Delta VS if the DVS+ICON "FULL KIT will be my best kit ill be going with tunable. Any experience with this kit?
@DanWiser not sure where you are in Washington but if you made your way over to the east side I'd be happy to let you take a drive in my cruiser so you can experience the set up yourself. I have it in the shop right now fixing some rust spots but should have it back on the road in a couple weeks.

Related, but not directly on topic, I emailed Icon to ask what the spring rate is for the sole springs they offer for our rigs - and they told me to buzz off. OME and Dobinson's willingly sent me their spring data, Icon refused. So that ended my brief consideration of Icon springs for my 80. I'd like to make an informed decision, and a vendor which will not allow me to do so will not see my funds. Just my two cents, they might be great springs for some (even me!), but I went with Dob's and I'm very satisfied. Shout out to Dob's for transparency, fast shipping, great products and prices.

I'm curious about front end vibes for the folks who've bought this kit.

At risk of fud spreading-

From what I can grok in this thread (Vibration 10-15mph after adding more caster. Why? - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/vibration-10-15mph-after-adding-more-caster-why.1234261/page-5)

Between 3-4" is a caster no man's land right between where the angles of the factory and dc driveshaft are optimized.

I'm sure it's been done without issue lots of times, but after driving a stock 80 for 10 years, I'm hoping to get the lift thing right the first time around.

Thoughts on the dc / stock driveshaft situation from those who've done this specific lift?

The dobinson 1.75-2" spring + DeltaVS 2" arms seems like a safer play. Maybe the angles would workout for the lower dob springs with the 3" arms, or maybe I'm overthinking it altogether 😂

I'm curious about front end vibes for the folks who've bought this kit.

At risk of fud spreading-

From what I can grok in this thread (Vibration 10-15mph after adding more caster. Why? - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/vibration-10-15mph-after-adding-more-caster-why.1234261/page-5)

Between 3-4" is a caster no man's land right between where the angles of the factory and dc driveshaft are optimized.

I'm sure it's been done without issue lots of times, but after driving a stock 80 for 10 years, I'm hoping to get the lift thing right the first time around.

Thoughts on the dc / stock driveshaft situation from those who've done this specific lift?

The dobinson 1.75-2" spring + DeltaVS 2" arms seems like a safer play. Maybe the angles would workout for the lower dob springs with the 3" arms, or maybe I'm overthinking it altogether 😂
This is one of the reasons we started making 3” arms. No issues reported with those, and what these kits come with now.

This is one of the reasons we started making 3” arms. No issues reported with those, and what these kits come with now.
Wow 4 minutes- you da man ;)

Rereading the vibe post, I see that user was on the 4" arms. Thanks for clarifying that.

Edit to add- the 3" deltavs kit is actually starting to look like a killer deal when I add up the components individually.

So having the 4 inch arms with a 3 inch lift can introduce front end vibrations? Crap.. wish the 3 inch arms would have been available when I did my lift.
Ya. For like two people. If you don’t have issues, you don’t have issues and don’t need to be concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom