Any Simple Bulb Upgrade Suggestions for Interior Dome/Map/Door Lights? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Did some searching and went through the old threads but all the links were outdated and dead. The stock bulbs wouldn't attract a desperate moth.....

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you sincerely!

You can look on Rockauto. They have the stock bulb listed then an led option for most of the interior lights. I changed the front dome light with an led which made a huge difference. Will do all the others eventually.

Does it have a stock look with them installed? What’s the installation like on them?
Not really. It looks like the sqaure of LEDs under the lens, but it's so bright, you really can't look directly at it, so I don't and it doesn't bother me.

what's the color like? blue? white?

i'm not a fan of the overly blue LED's

They use the same socket as stock bulbs so no wiring mods required. It's a glorious upgrade being able to see.

20211021_234756.jpg

From my understanding, Pfran is no more. That's what I read when searching about led's before, but correct me if I'm wrong. The amazon link above I posted are the exact same as the Pfran led's I have, but are $12.99 for 4x instead of the $40+ I paid for mine a few years ago. The other led's I posted are just as bright, but are a singular bulb and aren't polarity specific, so you can install them either way and they just work.

If you are thinking about buying from Pfran, you might want to check out this forum first and then maybe do a couple searches. Then you can make an informed decision.

When I need bulbs I just go to Amazon, search the bulb type, read a few reviews, and then make a decision.

Last edited:
I've been running these since 2017 with no failures. They're bright and with the 3M backing, you can stick them to the housing. That spaces them away from the lens, giving you a bit of diffusion and making it less obvious that it's a grid of LEDs.

There's a fair amount of variance in light color. A few of them are a bit greenish, so I swapped them out. Overall, they're very bright and white compared to halogen.

To an old incandescent era dinosaur the staggering availablity, variety, and cheapness of LEDs is incredible.

Last edited:
Just go to ebay!

I've purchased a ton of warm white LED's off ebay for cheap. The 5050 LED panels in sizes from 3 x 3 to 5 x 6 all work very well. Most come with the festoon adapters. I've replaced my map light, 1st row dome light, 2nd row dome light, and all four puddle lights on the doors for probably $20 and still have a bunch of LED's left over. I've installed an OEM dome light on the rear tailgate beside the handle and installed a large bright LED panel there as well. My HVAC bulbs were replaced with incandescent because I couldn't find the exact same spec in LED. I purchased 30 incandescent T4 bulbs and they work great.

The extra LED's you have left over could be used on other vehicles or just given to friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom